• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear everyone: the second this thread gets into a debate about the fucking flag protests, I'm locking it down. Love, ~ThrowgnCpr

ThrowgnCpr said:
Moe_Syzlak said:
Warbler said:
I prefer the protests on the right of that pic.

Why exactly?

please no.

Well it's your forum, but if we can't discuss the things we disagree about civilly then you might as well shut down this thread as what's the point.

Moe_Syzlak said:
... you might as well shit down this thread as what's the point.

giphy.gif

I'm sorry I didn't mean to cause trouble.  You can delete my prior post if you wish.    I think I will stay out of this thread.

Moe_Syzlak said:
Well it's your forum, but if we can't discuss the things we disagree about civilly then you might as well shit down this thread as what's the point.

1) It's not my forum. We discussed leaving this open, at least temporarily, among the entire staff. Everyone expressed some concerned, but we decided to leave it open but monitor closely and close if/when things get shitty.

2) We specifically avoiding having a political forum on FE for a long time for good reason. Rarely do civil discussions about politics occur on the internet, especially these days. They typically devolve into nonsense (see the rest of the internet for example). Just like our stance on nudity and graphic content, our reasoning was "you can get that everywhere else on the internet." Although we have an off-topic forum, we'd prefer to keep most discussions focused on film, with the off-topic section being a small fun place to post other things.  As for this particular point of discussion. It's pretty clear why Warbler stated what he did. Again, see the rest of the internet if you need examples of discussion--civil and otherwise (usually otherwise)--about the taking-a-knee debate.

3) Warbler is posting here because of issues that occurred at OT. Issues not unrelated to the topic of this thread. After Frink politely warned Warbler to avoid the politics thread, he seems to already be testing the waters after only 5 posts.

I'll be fairly transparent in that I don't think this thread on FE is a good idea. But I'll go with the staff decision as long as things remain reasonable. That said, I haven't seen too many reasonable debates about the kneeling issue. The reason for players kneeling has been made abundantly clear. If you really feel the need to convince others of your stance on this matter, become Twitter/Facebook buddies and have at it. That is apparently what people do.

R.I.P. Politics Thread
2017-2017

The staff decided we didn't need to deal with this thread. If you enjoy political discussions, kindly type *anything* into the URL bar on your browser and have at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom