• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if the spoiler is directed at the fact that you repeated the post directly above yours or not.

I'm guessing "no."

TVs Frink said:
I'm not sure if the spoiler is directed at the fact that you repeated the post directly above yours or not.

I'm guessing "no."

Oh my sweet summer child. Have you not seen Spaceballs?

I own it, but only so I could use it in my edit.  I find Mel Brooks mostly very unfunny.  So yeah, I remembered the line, but not the (apparent) repeating of the line...I guess.

TVs Frink said:
I own it, but only so I could use it in my edit.  I find Mel Brooks mostly very unfunny.  So yeah, I remembered the line, but not the (apparent) repeating of the line...I guess.

tumblr_m6u906tjRR1r2k48t.gif

I knew politics was too divisive for this forum!

TVs Frink said:

I'm guessing "no."

Just completing the reference before I fade away from Politics forever.

In case you're curious but only have 60 seconds of free time and don't want to watch the whole movie:

Slate is running a live-blog tonight of today's NYT revelation that former FBI Director Comey wrote in an official memo that Trump personally asked him to stop the investigation of fired National Security Advisor Flynn.

C__OnZsUIAEe14a.jpg

If true, that is almost certainly an obstruction of justice. Leon Neyfakh writes:

What does it mean to obstruct justice, according to the law? One manifestly relevant federal statute is 18 U.S. Code § 1505, which states that an obstructor of justice is anyone who "corruptly, or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication influences, obstructs, or impedes or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede the due and proper administration of the law under which any pending proceeding is being had before any department or agency of the United States, or the due and proper exercise of the power of inquiry under which any inquiry or investigation is being had by either House, or any committee of either House or any joint committee of the Congress..." 

This has every indication of being a textbook high crime and misdemeanor - to say nothing of Comey's retributive firing shortly after he declined Trump's request. That would be a second count of obstruction of justice, and there are likely more.

This is a Constitutional crisis, plain and simple. If you are an American citizen, and your Congressional representatives aren't already loudly demanding oversight and an independent investigation and/or special prosecutor, please, at the very least, consider doing  so, and asking your family and friends to do the same. Just political authority derives from the consent of the governed. We, the people, must not consent to be governed by this Administration should these allegations prove true.

I'm happy it's finally spring. It's the perfect season for picking impeaches

ron-paul.gif

Let's kill this thread before it poisons the well.

i agree with dangermouse. let's open up a religion thread instead. :D

Moderate candidate Hassan Rouhani has just been re-elected President of Iran!

He won with 57% of the vote, with turn out of around 70%. This is good news for bringing Iran in from the cold, hopefully Rouhani and the moderates will be able to continue their reforms. Between now and 2024, the Assembly of Experts will be deciding on the successor to Ayatollah Khamenei as Supreme Leader. Rouhani is one of the 10 possible successors. A moderate Supreme Leader could see drastic reforms in Iran that see the powers of its Parliament increased and the Supreme Leader take a more ceremonial position.

Of course, this is the best possible outcome. Khamenei hasn't been the biggest fan of moderate reform and will most likely try to have a conservative Supreme Leader elected.

ZQB1I5l.pngl

A world in maps.

Democracy Index (2016):
1199px-Economist_Intelligence_Unit_Democracy_index.svg.png

World Happiness Report (2017):
1200px-World_map_of_countries_by_World_Happiness_Report_score_%282017%29.svg.png

Gross Domestic Product (Nominal) (2015):
1199px-GDP_per_capita_%28nominal%29_2015.png

Gross Domestic Product (Purchasing Power Parity) (2015):
1200px-Countries_by_GDP_%28PPP%29_Per_Capita_in_2015.svg.png

Ongoing Conflicts:
768px-Ongoing_conflicts_around_the_world.svg.png

Press Freedom Index (2014):
1200px-RWB-PressFreedomIndex-WorldMap.svg.png

Unemployment Rate (2013):
1200px-Unemployment_rate_map_of_the_world_%28ILO%29.svg.png

Ecological Footprint (2007):
1200px-World_map_of_countries_by_ecological_footprint_%282007%29.svg.png

Inflation Rates (2013):
1200px-2013_Inflation_rates_map_of_the_world_per_International_Monetary_Fund.svg.png

Income Inequality (2014):
1200px-2014_Gini_Index_World_Map%2C_income_inequality_distribution_by_country_per_World_Bank.svg.png

Incarceration Rates:
Map_of_incarceration_by_country.gif

World Laws Pertaining to Homosexual Relationships and Expression (2017):
1199px-World_laws_pertaining_to_homosexual_relationships_and_expression.svg.png

World Cannabis Laws (2017):
World-cannabis-laws.png

Countries with Universal Healthcare (2009):
1200px-Universal_health_care.svg.png

Capital Punishment by Country:
1200px-Capital_punishment_in_the_world.svg.png

Norway seems to be doing the most shit right...

PlainWigglyElephantbeetle.gif

Not real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom