• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Pet Peeve # _____________

Neglify said:
Possessed said:
TVs Frink said:
Neglify said:
TVs Frink said:
I fixed the aforementioned posts.  Also fixed your post.

burj-khalifa-with-a-rabbit_o_1137204.jpg

Thanks. And your bunnymeme pic is better than mine because it made me lose The Game (even tho mine is bigger tee-hee).

Welcome.

I hate this too.

Good to know, thanks for weighing in.

I disagree.  Didn't need to know that.

Neglify said:
Possessed said:
TVs Frink said:
Neglify said:
TVs Frink said:
I fixed the aforementioned posts.  Also fixed your post.

burj-khalifa-with-a-rabbit_o_1137204.jpg

Thanks. And your bunnymeme pic is better than mine because it made me lose The Game (even tho mine is bigger tee-hee).

Welcome.

I hate this too.

Good to know, thanks for weighing in.

Thank you for your positive words.

You know what I hate? When people don't know that a movie is based on a book, or at least don't care enough to learn about the original story. I've had multiple occasions where I was reading a book, and someone looked at it and said "I liked that movie" or "I didn't know that was a book". It just bothers me to think of books as a dying media, even though I know overall they're still relevant. Even worse is, the two books that this happened for, the film versions are exceptionally bad, World War Z and I Am Legend.

jrWHAG42 said:
You know what I hate? When people don't know that a movie is based on a book, or at least don't care enough to learn about the original story. I've had multiple occasions where I was reading a book, and someone looked at it and said "I liked that movie" or "I didn't know that was a book". It just bothers me to think of books as a dying media, even though I know overall they're still relevant. Even worse is, the two books that this happened for, the film versions are exceptionally bad, World War Z and I Am Legend.

The worst example of this is The Ten Commandments.

Also I liked World War Z for what it was.

TVs Frink said:
jrWHAG42 said:

The Ten Commandments is a classic and its special effects were awesome for its time.  I guess as a  Christian, I have more of an appreciation for Biblical Epics

Warbler said:
TVs Frink said:
jrWHAG42 said:

The Ten Commandments is a classic and its special effects were awesome for its time.  I guess as a  Christian, I have more of an appreciation for Biblical Epics

"The worst example" meaning people who had never heard of the book, "the book" meaning the Bible.

But yeah, was joking.

Pet Peeve: People who show presentations via a projector and don't understand how to work the keystone correction. I've had two within the last week where I'm looking at a trapezoid.

Garp said:
Pet Peeve: People who show presentations via a projector and don't understand how to work the keystone correction. I've had two within the last week where I'm looking at a trapezoid.

I understood the part where people show presentations via projector.  And then I got completely lost.

It's basically angle correction for the position three projector is at according to the wall.  You use it to keep the image a perfect rectangle if the projector is at a slight angle to the screen.

Pet Peeve: I hate when you finish the story to an open world game and you can't continue playing

Pet peeve: Jerks who park their vehicles close to other vehicles then recklessly open their doors without considering the possibility that there's not enough space available to fully open their door without hitting someone else's.

Pet peeve:  Canadians with the internet pseudonyms of Duragizer and DuracellEnergizer.  They don't even care about rayovek, because they are monsters.

I must have hit pretty close to the mark to get you all riled up like that, huh, cat?

Back
Top Bottom