• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Pet Peeve # _____________

Possessed said:
Pet peeve:  Canadians with the internet pseudonyms of Duragizer and DuracellEnergizer.  They don't even care about rayovek, because they are monsters.

Streaming services calling things "box sets" in general (to a small degree) but really it's when it's called a "box set" and is only one series, or even less than 3-episodes. It's not a box set, it's barely a DVD!

If there's no box it can't be a box set.

Pet Peeve: Movie podcasters who think the word "review" means "summary". It doesn't and stop wasting my time.

I mean,  technically it does,  or can anyway,  but using it in a title of a video about a movie does definitely lead you to believe that it's using the other definition.

I expect some synopsis with a review, just not ALL synopsis. I don’t claim to be the world’s greatest reviewer, but I try to add my own thoughts and opinions along with a summary. That’s what I’m looking for with movie podcasters who claim to be posting a review. Am I asking too much, people?

I'm merely responding to your statement that the word review doesn't mean to summarize,  when in many cases it actually does.

I know, I wasn’t having a go at you. It’s just frustrating to me to start a podcast before going to have a shower only to realize I’m listening to a summary. First World Problem, of course.

Shorts are for boys, why do men wear shorts and baseball caps.

Garp said:
It’s just frustrating to me to start a podcast before going to have a shower only to realize I’m listening to a summary. 

With you 100%. Summaries during showers are the worst.

Side note: this is kinda like the random thoughts/rants thread. Only it's limited to rants.

Handman said:

I'm supposing you're not partial to hairy drumsticks.

Handman said:
Duragizer said:
Handman said:

I'm supposing you're not partial to hairy drumsticks.

Yeah, no one wants to look at that.

You wouldn't think that if you hadn't been brought up in a culture which equates body hair with unsightliness.

Well, that sort of applies to anything and everything, doesn't it?

I don't really see how your culture normalizing body hair has ANYTHING to do with scorpion peppers.

Handman said:
Well, that sort of applies to anything and everything, doesn't it?

True. Regardless, most of society's standards of beauty are incredibly shallow and harmful; the individual should make a strong effort to unlearn what they have learned.

It peeves me when most everyone uses "sentient/sentience" when they really mean "sapient/sapience". They're distinct terms with distinct meanings, people!

Duragizer said:
It peeves me when most everyone uses "sentient/sentience" when they really mean "sapient/sapience". They're distinct terms with distinct meanings, people!

To err is sapient.

Back
Top Bottom