• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Matrix Reimagined version 1.5 is now released...

Solid11 said:
Aww man, I guess I should re-download it now ;) Same links?

I'm pretty sure that's not possible.

NewSpock said:
I know the edit is finished, but I rewatched it and there is one element that is a bit undertoned:

It misses a bit the element where the machines are actually killing the zionists. In the original edit I show it a little when the APU's are shooting those machines, but I didn't show how the infantry fared and their sacrifices against these flying things. So the result is that the war feels a bit too clinical, and when the machines finally enter into zion, they don't feel as lethal and dangerous as they should.
So I interweaved a new scene of 20 seconds where these machines are actually seen as fighting against the infantry and killing them. That adds that lethal layer on the feeling towards them and yet it doesn't disturb the pacing or flow. And at the end when the war is over it then feels more satisfactory and believable for the zionists to rejoice the way they do because of these sacrifices by the infantry.

It's only 20 seconds added, but like with the 15 minutes for the whole movie, they change the context of the surrounding scenes and add a layer of tension to the last part of the movie.

With these 20 added seconds, my edit is finished and it expresses everything I intended to.

It's too bad that I didn't use these 20 seconds in the first place, but that's life.:)

Forgive me for asking but it seems that these extra 20 seconds are important to you as a faneditor making you more satisfied with finished body of work. Are you planning to release Matrix Reimagined Version 2 putting your best vision out to the masses........Just thought i'd ask :) Cheers.

sgp1428 said:
Forgive me for asking but it seems that these extra 20 seconds are important to you as a faneditor making you more satisfied with finished body of work. Are you planning to release Matrix Reimagined Version 2 putting your best vision out to the masses........Just thought i'd ask :) Cheers.

I'd vote for you waiting a few months, thinking about possibilities, drawing up some cunning plans and coming back with a super-extended Version2 with over an hour (Or more) of extra footage. I'd be exhited to see what you did with that! :).

Of course it's your edit and you should always make it for yourself first and foremost and damn whatever anybody else thinks :p. e.g. The general consensus from many people on my 'From Hell' edit was that the new songs I'd added over the credits didn't work at all. But for me they were perfect and one of my favourite changes, so it wouldn't matter if the whole world said they were wrong, they'd still be right :D. Don't feel that you need to add in extra scenes just for other people, if you thought it was right in the first place.

TM2YC said:
I'd vote for you waiting a few months, thinking about possibilities, drawing up some cunning plans and coming back with a super-extended Version2 with over an hour (Or more) of extra footage. I'd be exhited to see what you did with that! :).

Of course it's your edit and you should always make it for yourself first and foremost and damn whatever anybody else thinks :p. e.g. The general consensus from many people on my 'From Hell' edit was that the new songs I'd added over the credits didn't work at all. But for me they were perfect and one of my favourite changes, so it wouldn't matter if the whole world said they were wrong, they'd still be right :D. Don't feel that you need to add in extra scenes just for other people, if you thought it was right in the first place.

The added 20 seconds are first and foremost for me, because when watching my original edit the machines felt a bit too tame at the end, and since this is the movie for me to make any sequels obsolete, the machines need to be shown as meaning business.
It heightens the tensions for the scenes with the machines shown later on and it improves the feeling of the zionists at the end when the war is ended by Neo.

As to a real extended edition with an hour added from the sequels, that has to be done by someone else, cause for me the vision I have for Matrix is now finished. Doing such an extended version would be just for pleasing the crowds and not what I would personally feel as being right.

But whoever wishes to do so, he is most welcome to do so, but for me this edit is the vision fulfilled I had for a few years.:)

The movie-edit with the added 20 seconds will be available in a few days. I reduced the encoding-quality to reduce the filesize by about 2 GB.

I said this before privately and feel it warrants repeating publicly. I strongly recommend you also make a DVD5 to help broaden your audience.

Neglify said:
I said this before privately and feel it warrants repeating publicly. I strongly recommend you also make a DVD5 to help broaden your audience.

I'm sorry I didn't reply per pm, I thought I did, but obviously forgot: Reducing the edit from 40 GB to 5 GB would result in obvious degradation of picture-quality. This is a matrix edit using blurays as source, and I'm very happy about the edit and wish for it to look just as stunning as the original. 14 GB will be the filesize for this final cut.

He means blu ray if the file is that big. The wider audience is people who watch on their tv from a disc as opposed to on computer.

RollWave said:
The wider audience is people who watch on their tv from a disc as opposed to on computer.

Did you just call me fat?

I meant DVD. But that's cool, do what you want.

Of course people should enjoy this on the TV. Don't most people have flat screens these days?
If they don't have already Usb ports with built in decoders for mkvs, there are small external mediaplayers that get connected via hdmi port to the flat-tv and that offer usb ports and can decode mkvs. And they are really cheap, 30-50 $.
A little investment to enjoy all those mkv-fanedits on the TV.

It wasn't so much about DVD vs. BD, it was more about file size. Some people have download caps or slow internet speeds and don't want to potentially waste their bytes.

Not to add fuel to the fire, but there is no reason why even a 2.5 hour movie can't be half that file size (still HD MKV). Again, release this how you want, but you are doing a real disservice by not offering a more reasonable download size.

(Mentioning this as an example, not to try and assert you're wrong.)

HAL9000 just released an Episode I fanedit. Episode I is the most fanedited movie ever, there's a lot to choose from. He edited in HD and released a 19 GB 1080p MKV, an 8 GB 720p MKV and a 4 GB DVD. If he didn't have that DVD I probably would never download this. But knowing there's a small sized option, I'll probably check it out if it gets rave reviews or really good buzz or whatnot.

For my Austin Powers edit I did mkv, AVCHD, and DVD. The more choices the better if you want the widest possible audience.

Thanks That One Guy for watching and reviewing my edit:).

As to the filesize, 14 GB is not really that big for a 2,5 hour 1080p-movie-edit, don't you all have broadband internet?
And using jdownloader-app it's not that uncomfortable.

But for those that don't have broadband-internet I'm encoding a 720p-mkv of it that should be smaller. But I strongly recommend to go for the 1080p-version for the full quality.

The encoding of the 720p-mkv-version is finished. The filesize is 4,7 GB. I'll upload it after the 14 GB-1080p-mkv is finished uploading.

But again I recommend to anyone who has broadband-internet to choose the 14 GB-1080p-mkv-version for the full quality-experience.
@ That One Guy: Thanks again for the nice review, but could you please include some spoiler-warning for those who haven't yet seen the edit? Thanks.:)

NewSpock said:
@ That One Guy: Thanks again for the nice review, but could you please include some spoiler-warning for those who haven't yet seen the edit? Thanks.:)

Done. Sorry, should've thought of that when writing the review.

Good news, the 720p-mkv (4,7 GB) and the strongly recommended 1080p-mkv (14 GB) of "Matrix Reimagined" can be found on fanedit.info

Enjoy :)

Back
Top Bottom