• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Man of Steel: A Symbol of Hope (TM2YC FanFix)

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'll work on this edit some more. The new soundFX need to be earlier and more obvious to the listener.

Motley'] How are you able to rescore the source? [/quote] MOS has almost no music in the center audio channel. [quote="DigModiFicaTion said:
Is there any other instances of Pete calling him a names or making fun of him that could be substituted or remixed?

I think he calls him a freak during another scene.

Worth considering, thanks.

Another go at that idea following some suggestions...

(Password: fanedit.org)

Good to know it was better, I've still gone back and remixed it some more. A slower build on the audio, quieter, with more bass, then a more sudden and dramatic drop in bass volume and switch to higher tones in the mix. That Mad Max tip was just what I needed, thanks @"Nic"  :) .

I've solved the last few nagging audio spots in the timeline to my satisfaction. Three or four areas have been sounding 95% for a long while and I've finally managed that last 5%. I'll do a final render overnight and if it checks out, the edit is done. I still need to finish up the artwork, complete the cutlist, write an ifdb listing, compress an mp4, create a blu-ray etc etc. So still a while to go on that side.

The final (hopefully) timeline:

Beautiful. Pumped for this! That shot of Lois and Clark makes me really excited to see this. It's funny how much better coloring helps the movie, let alone all the other work you've been doing.

Glad you're taking my advice. The updated clip was a little better but still not good. Started alright around 0:24, but then immediately followed what sounded like someone breathing too heavily on their microphone.

Good luck with the home stretch!

All aboard the hype train! Next stop: NOWHERE!!!

This is basically ready for release now but I need another week to finish up all the peripheral bits and bobs (Cutlist, cover etc). So next weekend is a fixed date for the release.... a good 3-weeks ahead of Justice League, so plenty of time to watch this before hand, if people so wish.

BD menu is complete. It's basic but gets the job done...

Awesome! I know what I'm doing next weekend :)

Good!  The menu, as you say, does the job done.  If you agree and you can, I would change the title of chapter 14 to the simpler “Twice the Man You Were”.  

Looking forward to it!

I am extremely pumped for this!!!

TM2YC said:
This is basically ready for release now but I need another week to finish up all the peripheral bits and bobs (Cutlist, cover etc). So next weekend is a fixed date for the release.... a good 3-weeks ahead of Justice League, so plenty of time to watch this before hand, if people so wish.

I am extremely pumped for this!!!

TM2YC said:

"You will give the DCEU an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, TM2YC. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

TM2YC said:

(Password: fanedit.org)
Sorry  know Im a bit late to the game but that reworking of the flight scene is fantastic! Be very keen to see the finished edit.

Sinbad said:
Sorry  know Im a bit late to the game but that reworking of the flight scene is fantastic! Be very keen to see the finished edit.

Thanks, all though I think it's been remixed a few times since then, to further smooth some parts out.

Artwork is now complete with three "Variant" (as they call them in comic book land) blu-ray covers to choose from. The main one...

mos_asoh_3dview.jpg

...a "classic" edition...

mos_asoh_3dview_classic_variant.jpg

...and an "inks" version.

mos_asoh_3dview_inks_variant.jpg

There will be a couple of high-res posters included too.

MarcusMaximus29 said:
Amazing Work! I absolutely can't wait for this edit.

Thanks and wait no longer!

'Man of Steel: A Symbol of Hope' is now available in 3 formats (PM me if you are interested):

- MP4 (13.4 GB 1080p Stereo 448 AC3)
- MP4 (3.9 GB 720p Stereo 224 AAC)
- Blu-Ray with chapter selection menus (19.6 GB 1080p Stereo 448 AC3)

Up, up and away!

To quote the ifdb entry:

'Man of Steel: A Symbol of Hope' does not try to radically reshape MOS because I liked most of it already. I just wanted to tweak the character of Superman to make him feel more heroic. So if you hated everything about the original MOS, then this isn't the FanFix for you. There are several 10-minute chunks of this edit that are unchanged (aside from the regrade) but when I did change something, I hope it feels significant.

Back
Top Bottom