• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Man of Steel: A Symbol of Hope (TM2YC FanFix)

I do feel the Hero theme to be slightly excessive in the scene of the kiss, and a softer version like the piano theme falls better.  I wouldn’t mind and am sure who didn’t like the original edit audio will love this, if you do release it.

Happy to hear that Jor-El's codex music will return. Will that include the part where he leaps to Haraka when we first hear his theme or only when he steals the codex? That whole sequence musically is stunning in the theatrical version.

Audio only should be fine. MP4box is easy enough to remux an MP4. Then we'd have two audio tracks and you wouldn't  have the time and headache to create new files. I haven't remuxed a M2ts file though.

DigModiFicaTion said:
I haven't remuxed a M2ts file though.

A program called 'tsMuxeR' makes it incredibly easy and fast to do.

I'd probably make the audio stream available (so people who already have this do not have their bandwidth wasted) and replace the download files too for future watchers.

1950s-disguntled-man-wearing-dunce-cap-vintage-images.jpg

Read that and instantly put my dunce cap on. I use tsMuxer to demux my M2ts files....apparently I can't think in reverse :)

TM2YC said:
DigModiFicaTion said:
I haven't remuxed a M2ts file though.

A program called 'tsMuxeR' makes it incredibly easy and fast to do.

I'd probably make the audio stream available (so people who already have this do not have their bandwidth wasted) and replace the download files too for future watchers.

Add me to the list for a PM of the new mix when it's ready, if you would be so kind. I don't know if I'll prefer it or not (planning on watching this for the first time tonight), but I always like having all the options available, whichever version I end up preferring.

ChainsawAsh said:
Add me to the list for a PM of the new mix when it's ready, if you would be so kind. I don't know if I'll prefer it or not (planning on watching this for the first time tonight), but I always like having all the options available, whichever version I end up preferring.

ChainsawAsh, please refrain from requesting edited material in the forum. If you are interested in edits, please PM the editor.

Ah, apologies. I spend a lot of time on some similar forums to this one, so I get the rules of the different sites confused now and again. Won't happen again.

giphy.gif

Thanks to everyone who voted for ASOH in the FEOTM poll and thanks to the people who continue to write reviews on ifdb :) .  Most of the ifdb reviews have mentioned the bombastic "Hero" theme as being over used. So all three formats of ASOH have now been updated to include two audio mix options (which are select-able through an updated blu-ray menu). I'm referring to them like this:

1. The "Hopeful Mix", or the new mix: Hero theme used for 1. Jor-El leaping from the archive tower, 2. Superman flying for the first time, 3. Superman rescuing Lois from the escape pod, 4. Superman flying off to fight the world-engine and 5. The Kryptonians being destroyed. A touch of piano is added to the Kiss scene but otherwise, it's untouched.

2. The "Extra Heroic Mix", or the original mix: Hero them used for 1. Jor-El leaping from the archive tower, 2. Superman flying for the first time, 3. Superman rescuing Lois from the escape pod, 4. Superman flying off to fight the world-engine and 5. The Kryptonians being destroyed.

For those that have already got this edit, want the new audio mix but do not want to have to get it all again... the "Hopeful Mix" is available separately.

I certainly didn't mind the Extra Heroic Mix because I like that theme, but good on you for providing options.  Such a great edit and I really need to watch it again and provide a thoughtful analytical review!

Hey bud, I've watched a couple of your edits and I'd love to watch your latest Superman version. I've loved them film more with peoples different cuts and I'd like to check yours out too. Cheers, Ash

This changes the film from something I just couldn't see as 'my' Superman (and find very hard to rewatch) to far more what I think it always should have been.
May well have changed this from down the list of Superman films to the very top for me, thanks TM2YC.
If this had been what I saw in 2013 in the cinema, I'd have been blown away.....

Hi kato,

As the admins will tell you, a private message to the editor is the best way to get hold of newer edits such as this

Sinbad is correct. Please refrain from requesting edits in project forums. Also, if you haven't read this post please take time to review it. Thanks :)

Thanks for the super detailed ifdb review @"TGrG" .

So glad the editing down of the action worked for you:

The other, far more important trick, is the editing down of action sequences. TM2YC's idea to trim down the action to only the sequences that involve Superman actively trying to save people was brilliant in its simplicity. Not only does this make the film less tedious and less loud, not only does it change the tone of the movie without ever needing to actively change the tone of the movie, but most importantly it creates a bond between the audience and Superman, the hero. It's that lack of a connection, this alienation, in the theatrical cut that led so many to blame Superman for the destruction of Metropolis. By keeping the action focused on Superman, no matter how loud and violent it gets, you invest in the character and his struggle to stop it all. It doesn't matter if he often fails, what matters is that all you see is him trying.

PS: I would recommend not using the Extra Heroic Mix. It does wear the theme out a bit and I'm not entirely comfortable with the music being used for Jor-El. I understand the father-son connection, but a lot of this film is Clark not being a product of Krypton. I think it loses of a bit its punch. The regular Heroic Mix is plenty effective as is.

Yes, pretty much everybody complained about the same thing you describe when I first released it and I soon realised everybody was 100% right. So I toned it down and relegated it to a bonus mix. A lot of audio work went into making the "Extra Heroic Mix" scenes but I wouldn't recommend anybody actually listens to it over the default "hopeful mix" :D .

Thanks for your review too @"Collipso" :) .

Back
Top Bottom