• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

GODDAMMITNOTATALL (WiNNING!)

You know that feeling when you've written this week's front-page articles... then the site has some technical problems... and they all get deleted :cry:... only you then find that Google has cached them all! :)

happy_dancecalvin-and-hobbes.jpg

maybe all contemporary computers can do this, but after buying my first new 'puter in eight years, i was pleasantly surprised to find that handbrake could encode a standard-def, 1.5-hour mpg file at over 800 frames per second. that's a minute of video being compressed every two seconds. holy fuck!

I built myself a new PC this week, mainly to make fanediting a lot easier.

I was previously editing on a fairly high-spec but a-few-years-old Sony-VAIO laptop and in Vegas it could barely cope with previewing 720p video, with all FX-filters off and preview-quality set to preview+half for more than a minute without audio dipping out of sync and all system resources getting maxed out.

Just did the first Vegas test on the new build and it can preview 1080p at full+best quality with 10 or more intensive video-filters running and audio perfectly in-sync without even breaking into a sweat! :)

lando-laugh.gif

Next I'm gonna find out how quick this can render stuff :).

Nice! This one time (at band camp) I bummed a cigarette off this guy but I had to do 10 push-ups first, right there on the sidewalk. That cigarette tasted great.

Finally received a package today after nearly a month floating around through the postal system!

hfma.gif

Had a video gaming session planned for tonight.  My buddy's PC had been infected by malware.  Walked her through how to remove it.  Wound up feeling more heroic than I would have playing the game anyway.

I can now confirm that, this September, one year after my initial eligibility (when I was waitlisted into a non-admission), I will begin an Entry-Level Master of Science in Nursing degree at my first-choice university here in my hometown of San Francisco. Adulting Status: Trending Up!

Rod_Triumphant.jpg

[align=center]

Wow, so you can legitimately tell people you are a "Master of Science". The title is worth the study time alone! Over here we'd just call it "A Master's Degree in Science" which takes all the fun out of it :D .

TM2YC said:
Wow, so you can legitimately tell people you are a "Master of Science". The title is worth the study time alone! Over here we'd just call it "A Master's Degree in Science" which takes all the fun out of it :D .

works either way. I too am a Master of Science. :p

Because why not...

...and because of that and because of the late Mr Hawking's "guest rap"...

Was trying to google search something funny for "I'm just a bachelor" and all I could find is Ginuwine "Pony" lyrics and memes. I'm not using any of them because they all follow it with "looking for a partner" but I'm not mad at a stroll down 90s memory lane.

Thanks for the kind words, guys! This may not be my dream career path of major motion picture director, but I think it far likelier to result in overall life contentment while doing my part to better society. And heck, maybe I'll make a short film or two during my free time someday. :)

Inherited my Grandfather's vintage 8mm camera, a windup "Jelco U8-Zoom" like this one pictured:

41036292452_96712dfc87_o.jpg

It all seems to work (haven't figured out all the switches/dial yet) and makes that pleasing whirring sound when you depress the trigger :) . I'll need to look into how you go about buying 8mm stock and how expensive it is to have it processed and scanned though. If nothing else... I can take selfies of myself with it and pretend I was an actual film maker :D .

Hey, congrats, gaith! and glad to learn you’re a nurse. were you also a medic in the navy?

ssj said:
Hey, congrats, gaith! and glad to learn you’re a nurse. were you also a medic in the navy?

Thanks! And I'm actually not (yet) a nurse - my program is one of several in the Bay Area where people with humanities/non-nursing BAs can go straight to a master's degree, provided they have a number of prerequisites (which recently took me three community college semesters after completing my enlistment, years after graduating college in the first place). This program's first year is an accelerated RN, with certification; then the next 1.5 years is the master's portion. (In the Navy, I was a mere clerk/paper-pusher.) So, all told, this masters degree will have taken eight years of college courses. :p

Back
Top Bottom