• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

GODDAMMITNOTATALL (WiNNING!)

TV's Frink said:
The dream ends today. Report:

Movies watched - Human Centipede 2, From Dusk Till Dawn, Valhalla Rising, Doc of the Dead, Survival of the Dead
TV watched - one episode of Arrested Development, three episodes of Jerry Springer (multiple times each), six episodes of The League, three episodes of 30 Rock, a lot of Sportscenter
Fanediting - a lot, mostly Jerry Springer related

Definitely didn't peg you for somebody who'd want to watch Human Centipede 2, or as a Jerry Springer fan. And a Jerry Springer edit? How's that going to work? Or are you planning on an edit of his film "Ringmaster"?

TV's Frink said:
I didn't want my wife to return to an instagut.

Ha! I know that feeling. I really wish I didn't like bread and beer so much. It just means I have to run and bike extra every week to battle the belly.

Frantic Canadian said:
Definitely didn't peg you for somebody who'd want to watch Human Centipede 2, or as a Jerry Springer fan. And a Jerry Springer edit? How's that going to work? Or are you planning on an edit of his film "Ringmaster"?

I'm not a Springer fan, and I'm not doing a Springer edit....

Found out that the multiplex I go to will be showing "The Goonies" on the 24th and 27th. That movie is at the top of the list of movies that I want to see on the big screen so there is no way in hell that I'm going to miss that. :D But wait, it's gets better. On October 30th they're going to have a double bill of The Wolf Man and The Mummy. Classic Universal monsters on the big screen. And the part? It's only 6$.

Frantic Canadian said:
Found out that the multiplex I go to will be showing "The Goonies" on the 24th and 27th. That movie is at the top of the list of movies that I want to see on the big screen so there is no way in hell that I'm going to miss that. :D But wait, it's gets better. On October 30th they're going to have a double bill of The Wolf Man and The Mummy. Classic Universal monsters on the big screen. And the part? It's only 6$.

It was awesome seeing The Goonies on the big screen. They're playing it again on Wednesday and I'm kinda considering going to see it again. I just love that movie. That's now one more more movie I can knock off my Cinematic Bucket List.

My bride called to me Saturday, "I think I have a problem."
Her computer had the BSOD -

STOP: c0000218 {Registry File Failure}
The registry cannot load the hive (file):
\SystemRoot\System32\Config\SOFTWARE
or its log or alternate.
It is corrupt, absent, or not writable.

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical dump memory complete.

Please contact your admin .....

Still, after two days, found a registry restore solution for her aging XP.
Yay!

Frantic Canadian said:
Found out that the multiplex I go to will be showing "The Goonies" on the 24th and 27th. That movie is at the top of the list of movies that I want to see on the big screen so there is no way in hell that I'm going to miss that. :D But wait, it's gets better. On October 30th they're going to have a double bill of The Wolf Man and The Mummy. Classic Universal monsters on the big screen. And the best part? It's only 6$.

It gets even better than that. I just got an e-mail informing me that to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Ghostbusters the film will be re-released to theaters for one week only, starting today. But wait, there's more. The copy they're going to be showing is a new 4K scan! As soon as I read that I hit the "Order Tickets" button and got myself one for the 7:40 show tonight. And the price? Only 6$. How could I say no? Around Halloween 2008 I got to see a screening that used an original print from 1984 and now I'm going to see a screening with a new 4K scan. I'm so happy I'm giddy. :lol:

The new HD transfer of both series of Twin Peaks has popped up on Amazon prime, free-to-view. Sweet that pays for the years Amazon Prime subscription in one go :). That's my next 25hours sorted out.

HOLY SHIT MY FAVORITE BAND (U2) JUST SURPRISED RELEASED THEIR NEW ALBUM FOR FREE.

Don't mind me just looking for where my head went.

DominicCobb said:
HOLY SHIT MY FAVORITE BAND (U2) JUST SURPRISED RELEASED THEIR NEW ALBUM FOR FREE.

I don't know... still seems overpriced :p.

Hey all right, I suddenly have free time to work on fanedits!

Scooped up the complete extended LotR on blu for $30 on Amazon yesterday, as it was the lowest listing I'd seen. And today, new copies are listed at $55! Ha!

Car had flunked inspection three times this month.
Mechanic tweaked the emission system, new air filter, tune up.
Fail.
The inspector even had me leave it overnight on his lot so he could test it stone cold.
Fail.
Took it to the official inspection / repair place today braced to buy catalytic converter, computer, whatever ...
Pass!
Go figure,

Plus, the place had a rack of the God-fearing, Chick Publications comics which I haven't seen in years.
Hooray!
Stocked up.

LevelBest.gif

My undergrad student loans... which charged $500 in interest fees alone in 2013...

Navient_zps37227965.jpg

ic3bu3.jpg

:-D

I found five dollars on the street today. And got more than half off on a bag of groceries.

So you're Firefoxing late at night, shortly before bed. Accordingly, you've turned your screen brightness down. You're going from dark-styled site (like this one) to dark-styled site. But then you open a new tab, and... BLAM! Before anything loads, you're hit with a painful, eye-poking big white screen.

Well, thanks to this hack:

Create a folder named "Chrome" in this location: C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[profile]\

and create an empty userChrome.css file with this line:

browser { background-color: #373739 !important; }

you can turn that white screen black! Score! :-D

I'm especially happy and thankful today on behalf of my rainbow fellow armed forces members who've been ordered to serve in states with discriminatory laws and communities; may their honorable duty be more pleasant and rewarding as a result. Here's to you, shipmates and members of the other branches.
bolian.gif

salute3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom