• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

GODDAMMITNOTATALL (WiNNING!)

For a long time when I was a newb, I didn't even look at this thread because of the title. I was like "I don't know what GOD DAMMIT NOT AT ALL means but it sounds pretty angry." I thought the winning was a dated Charlie Sheen reference. 

I don't know what I think now. I still don't really look at this thread, or particularly understand what it's supposed to be (but that goes for a lot of threads these days). The title's hasn't changed. Such is life.

But yeah, title's weird. That was my point. When threads have weird titles on this forum, those who created said threads (or those who understand them) tend not to provide any extra context when asked about them. I have always found that weird.

I thought it was obvious, at least when I created it, but GODDAMMITNOTATALL is the inverse of GODDAMMITSOMUCH.

The winning is absolutely a dated Charlie Sheen reference, meant to make it more obvious that GODDAMMITNOTATALL is a good thing.

Shrug.

Explaining the joke is always a good idea, right? Right?

This thread was a direct rebuttal to the GODDAMMITSOMUCH thread. An effort to encourage positive posting and joyous experiences to balance out a lot of negativity that was being dumped in the GDSM thread.

Yes, there are many strange/cryptic/meta threads in the off-topic subforum. Some of these spawn from inside jokes, and some are carry overs from other forums (cough*ot.com*cough). As long as they are in good spirit, don't break the rules, or don't get out of hand, I don't mind them. I don't need to understand every joke...

I also looked at my OP just now and it seems quite clear what the point of the thread is.

It just seems like maybe if people keep asking what it means, then it's not a particularly effective joke or title. 
No offense intended to you guys, Throw and Frink. I just feel like thread titles should be clear. 

But I don't want to make a big deal out of it or seem like I'm demanding change or something. It's not my site, and I don't work here (anymore). 
;)

TVs Frink said:
Masirimso17 said:
Maybe it should be just “WINNING!”

Motion failed.

z9gqMMw.gif

If the thread titles were more clear I feel like it would lessen the joke  But then again I also feel the inebriating effects of alcohol so maybe don't listen to me.  Or @ChainsawAsh.

Neglify said:
Where's the WHiNING thread?

It was prepreretroactively reported for not existing yet.  Don't ask my why.  You wouldn't like me when I'm why.

Possessed said:
If the thread titles were more clear I feel like it would lessen the joke  But then again I also feel the inebriating effects of alcohol so maybe don't listen to me.  Or @ChainsawAsh.

People should not listen to me more often.

Back
Top Bottom