• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Full Metal Jacket - Locked and Loaded

Rogue-theX said:
Please don't. I would like to see this. :)

Agree. No need to give up at this stage of the game. You just gotta learn where you messed up and learn how to fix it.

You guys are right. I can't give up on this. I think I'll definitely go back to it but at a later date, as I said earlier on, to go into it fresher and more focused. There might even be more I can do to it.

Thanks guys.

I might even try and add some proper Vietnam footage to it, so it's also has a bit of a 'documentary' feel to it. Or would that be a bit too much, do you think?

It's all up to you. It's your edit.

Read this. I had been working on it for a while and decided to finish it last night, mainly to help out newer editors make decisions like this.

Very interesting article, Neg. Definitely some food for thought. I'll definitely go back to it, and change what I can. It might even be a different beast to what went before. For now, I'm going to finish either my ALIENS edit or the Robocop edit first, then go back to it, using my original edit as a source.

Actually, f**k it! I'm gonna get this thing done and put to bed once and for all!!! Consider the other edits on hold, and this as my main priority.

The film has now been re-cut. The total runtime is now about 93-95 minutes, with Vietnam documentary footage added to just after the start credits, and just before the end credits. It plays over Joker's final voice over, instead of the troops marching. The audio for the added song (I can't Get No) Satisfaction is now at one audio level throughout the helicopter scene. The dates on the titles for the flashbacks have been changed also.

Should be rendered and ready to view tomorrow.

images

I remembered the outline for the edit, what went where, and wotnot, so it was just a case of chopping it up, moving it about, and shoving it in. Also, I forgot I had stored the original files on my portable hdd just in case. So, I went back over it fully to see if the file was the fault, and I'm glad to say it wasn't, so that cut out the time needed to re-rip. There is one flashback that I've done differently, as I feel it flowed better this way, and that's about it.

And the film is STILL rendering :-|, so afterwards, it should be around the 2.5GB mark, meaning the video quality should be something special.

Hopefully.

Film is dvd'd, and is rar-ing up as we speak. I have given it a once over, and everything seems fine. No sync issues, no caption issues, no nothing issues. One thing I did notice, Vegas doesn't seem to like the full metal jacket font for some strange reason :-| Still, it's sorted now. The only features on this disc are a trailer for the movie, and one for Robocop 2.2. Once it's rar'd up, I'll upload it, and let Neg know.

JetSetWilly said:
Film is dvd'd, and is rar-ing up as we speak. I have given it a once over, and everything seems fine. No sync issues, no caption issues, no nothing issues. One thing I did notice, Vegas doesn't seem to like the full metal jacket font for some strange reason :-| Still, it's sorted now. The only features on this disc are a trailer for the movie, and one for Robocop 2.2. Once it's rar'd up, I'll upload it, and let Neg know.

Cool, I'm glad you took the time to fix it. I'll watch it as soon as it's uploaded. :)

The .dlc file has been sent to Neg to give it a final check. Once it's been given the OK, I'll bung it onto the site. Of course, if anybody want's the file, feel free to PM me.

Just want to clarify something here.

JetSetWilly said:
I have given it a once over, and everything seems fine. No sync issues, no caption issues, no nothing issues.

Did you watch it in full or skim it? I'm really not interested in re-watching the entire edit if you yourself don't take the time to ensure everything is actually good or not.

Ok, time for an update on this long overdue thing:

ALL DONE! Disc made, MP4 made and everything.

This edit has been fixed, approved and is now released. Hooray!

Thread moved.

Back
Top Bottom