• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Full Metal Jacket - Locked and Loaded

JetSetWilly said:
Minor note: can this thread be moved to completed please. Thanks.
I prefer to wait until the True Fanedit thread is posted, so that the link to that thread can be posted here.

TV's Frink said:
I prefer to wait until the True Fanedit thread is posted, so that the link to that thread can be posted here.

No problem.

Thread reopened and moved back to ITW due to sync issues. TF thread has been moved to ITW Inactive so it can be revived if/when the problem is fixed.

I just tried them. You're right, it is off. It was working fine before hand, though. Very strange indeed. I'll have to remedy this as soon as possible.

EDIT:

Just sorted the problem, and am rendering it now.

That's the spirit. Good luck!

TV's Frink said:
That's the spirit.

images

Thats ok. It's my fault, I should have done another check just after uploading. Only downside is, I've had to download the complete disc (as I've deleted it by mistake), and have had to edit the .vob files. It was only a case of snipping about 2-3 seconds of video, and all's right with the world again. I have no clue how this is going to turn out at all, so the disc I re-upload might just have the film on there. Fingers crossed I can put the trailers back on there.

Please take your time to ensure everything is 100%. There is no need to rush things. This isn't a speed competition.

(And at the risk of sounding snippy...)

And please please please learn from mistakes. Do not just post "Oh I know. You can count on it, it will be perfect" before actually ensuring it's corrected.

Neglify said:
Please take your time to ensure everything is 100%. There is no need to rush things. This isn't a speed competition.

Agreed. You also don't want to make a habit out of rushing out edits and then having people who've downloaded and try to watch them say the A/V is out of sync, or there is pixelation or whatever else. You'll build a reputation as someone who doesn't care about quality and whose edits are not worth taking the time to download. (And what's the point of churning out an edit a week if no one is going to watch them?)

And full disclosure, I was guilty of this myself. I released an avi and DVD of one of my fanedits and the avi was out of sync. I felt like a huge idiot. All I had to do was watch the avi from start to finish. But I was in too much of a rush to get it uploaded and to have people see it and to say "Look at me! I've completed another edit!"

That's the thing, I watched it through, and everything was 100% perfect. I've no idea how it happened. But, I've just tried to remedy it, and exactly the same thing has happened again :-( It must mean there's a problem with either the encode settings, or the video itself.

So, I'm going to redo the entire edit from scratch. That means, any projects I'm doing are going to be on hold for a while.
It's really annoying, though.

JetSetWilly said:
That's the thing, I watched t through, and everything was 100% perfect. Os, I've no idea how it happened. But, I've just tried to remedy it, and exactly the same thing has happened again :-(

So, I'm going to redo the entire edit from scratch.

What program are you using to encode the files?

I can't remember what ones I used for this one, but edits since, I've used DVD shrink, then AutoGK, and they've all turned out fine since. It must have been what I used before.

JetSetWilly said:
I can't remember what ones I used for this one, but edits since, I've used DVD shrink, then AutoGK, and they've all turned out fine since. It must have been what I used before.

What are you using DVD Shrink for? To build your final DVD?

No, to rip just the movie to the hdd as .vob files, then AutoGK to encode them. To build the dvd's, I used DVD Architect. Thing is, Balboa came out absolutely fine. As I say, I can't remember what I used to rip them before. I think it was some freeware program, which I haven't used since, and has been uninstalled.

Actually, thinking about it, I did use Corel Video Studio, and it kept locking up and unexpectedly quitting on me all the time, so I've a feeling it was that, because since using Vegas, everything's worked fine.

I don't think it's the initial rip or the video file you're using to edit. I think it's something in the encode of the disc using Architect. Unfortunately, I don't use it so I can't help too much. Couple things to try: if it has an auto setting for frame rate, resolution, etc. set them manually instead (i.e. 23.976, NTSC, Upper Field, etc.) Maybe the auto is screwing up its reading and encoding properly. Manually setting them will force it to be the same as the source.

I'll give them a try. Thanks Q2. Although, thinking about it, I might just scrap this edit all together, as it's caused me nothing but problems since day 1. Or, come back to it later, once my other edits are done, so I can go into it fresh.

Back
Top Bottom