• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Flash (CW)

Here's a bigger version of the Flash of Two Worlds pic:

Flash-of-Two-Worlds-TV-Style.png

At least in this promo shot, the actor playing Jay Garrick seems to have a bit of a young William Sadler look going on -- not quite what I would have pictured, but I think it works.

Our first decent look at Jay Garrick in this promo....

Season one dvd goes on sale today!
Here is a sneak peak at season two from iTunes, some good Jay Garrick footage....

A really solid and entertaining season premiere! :thumb:

My general semi-spoiler free thoughts....

Pretty much all of the story threads of last season were wrapped up, though the resolution of the Henry Allen storyline really surprised me. But Firestorm I had predicted based on all the buzz and interviews for the new Legends series. Still, both narratives were very well executed.

What really made this episode work so well is the emotional relationships between all our heroes, the perfect balance between sentiment and humour. You really like and care about Team Flash. Barry's relationship with Joe has truly become the heart of the show for me.

Flash Day was awesome and made me smile. Love seeing a hero being publicly supported, instead of feared and hunted.

Atom Smasher was good if not underdeveloped like many Flash foes last season. Though the fx were not on par with Grodd, they did lots of clever forced perspective shots that sold the concept well.

Nice to see another hint at Cisco's meta ability.

The only thing not mentioned is the whole Thawne Paradox.... any theories?????

Really looking forward to next ep...:)

^ Really? 'Cause I thought the premiere was seriously weak. We go from a singularity that could have destroyed the planet to an almost completely standard freak of the week story? (A freak which Team Flash straight-up executes, by the way, without even trying to figure out what his deal is beforehand.) And the opening sequence, with Heat Wave and Captain Cold and the big happy family, was incredibly weird, and not in a good way at all. To quote an AV Club commenter:

It was strange to see a season premiere of a big show with so much...bookkeeping to it. It wasn't so much setting up storylines as straightening ledgers. The purpose of this episode was to write out Dad and Ronnie, write in Jay Garrick, and have the Atom Smasher allude to Zoom. Given that we ended the season with Dr. Wells and Eddie also getting taken out of the mix, that's a lot of cast-shuffling to get through, there was barely room for any episode in the middle of all that.

I do hope Robbie Amell is (more or less) gone for good, not that I super-dislike his presence or anything, but he looks and sounds way too much like Stephen to not be distracting.

Finally, it's one thing for the show to determinedly ignore that Barry and the team risked the future of the entire frickin' world to save one woman. But it's really the outside of enough, as my old man says, to have people like Caitlin and others tell him what happened to Ronnie wasn't his fault, because it absolutely was. How many people died in all those collapsing/floating buildings? Team Flash killed them all. Hello? Ms. Waller? You there?

Nope, I take no pleasure in saying so, but that ep was not good at all. Bring back Tom Cavanaugh, stat! :p

[MENTION=6357]Gaith[/MENTION] you gave me a lot to think about there and while I agree with it being a weak opener, I hadn't thought about 95% of what you said and I have to agree with you on all of it. It was a strange opening and I hadn't realized that yeah that whole episode was just to shuffle stuff around and throw in a villain that was gone too soon and definitely won't be coming back.

In defense, every good show has its weak moments and Flash was very strong last season. I also think that since they are getting ready to put Jay Garrick into the mix they had to do some tidying up beforehand so they could quite literally run with their ideas.

I was quite happy with the episode and I am looking forward to that moment when Jay gets his powers back and things get all epic. As much as I enjoyed Smallville, it rarely delivered when it came to the epic build ups. Flash and Arrow both deliver and I can't wait for Legends of Tomorrow.

I think Gaith made a good point regarding the death of the all innocent civilians that must have happened because the Singularity. Though I think Barry's guilt, and the guilt of the entire team over the affair, was inferred in the season premiere, it was good to hear Barry talk directly about it in this second ep.

But again, did they kill Sand Demon???? Or by turning him to glass and shattering him just knock him out and he reconstitutes himself afterwards???? I simple line of dialogue afterwards would clear this up. If this is another dead super villain, I may become concerned with the writing of this show.

Loved Jay Garrick. Though I still wish he was older (but at least the casting is superior to Ted Wildcat Grant on Arrow... what disaster that was...uhg) or at least had him be the Flash longer. I found it funny he has only been the Flash for 2 years but he keeps calling Barry "kid". lol

Any ZOOM identity theories? I am thinking maybe it is Eddie. He was sucked into the Singularity, maybe he turned evil or went crazy or maybe it is his doppleganger?

Michael Ironside next week!!!!!!

I just hope Zoom is not Harrison Wells from another world or Eobard Thawne from another world. That kind of retread would drop my enthusiasm. Eddie I think is the logical choice at this point, but I'm hoping it's a new or more obscure character we haven't met yet.
I was also confused about whether or not Barry just straight up murdered some guy. He seemed so proud of it too.
I'm liking Jay a lot and can't wait to see him and Barry run together. It's inevitable, they're gonna have to settle who's faster.

Wow, "Harry" Wells being a "diiiiiiick" was totally unexpected, definitely a ballsy move on the producers' part, and overall very fun, though I admit I miss the mentor Thawne-Wells...

Really loving this show a lot more than I thought I would. They've really nailed the fun, naïveté, and head-spinning crazyness of The Flash while still taking just enough liberties to keep it fresh. Gustin is perfect as Barry. And Joe is a great character. That said, because I generally feel that the first season was great, I'm dreading the bigger focus on DCU stuff since I feel the the smaller moments is what the show has done best. But Jay Garrick was very good, so I'm not complaining, at least not yet.

Btw, I just read this great interview with Victor Garber (Dr. Stein) and Jesse L. Martin (Joe West) about the family drama aspect of the show. Highly recommended.

The upcoming two part Flash/Arrow cross over....
OgvO25Dl.jpg

^ Why is Laurel hanging out with the badasses?

#ithadbetterbeLaurelinthatgrave :p

Zoom! Absolutely terrifying! That last act was incredible!!!

Grodd returns next week!

...and is it my imagination or have they really glammed Caitlin up this season??? lol

Time for some AV Club commenters' snark:

leaving.jpg

Actually that is as good as theory as any to Zoom's identity. Since this episode established Ollie died on Earth 2 and his father Robert became the Hood. So maybe Barry died and Henry turned evil????

Back
Top Bottom