• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Flash (CW)

Agreed! I thought it felt a little out of place with Cisco and creating the gun. I feel like it was shoehorned in to add an idea on how the gun was created in the first place in order to introduce Captain Cold.

Cool promo.... Flash running on water and up the side of a building!

What the Flick?! is also reviewing The Flash:

bionicbob said:
The Felicity guest role was a delight.
Eh, she was alright. This was S1 Arrow Felicity, always saying stupid stuff and going all googly-eyed - she's grown past that stage, and when she was like that on Arrow, the show was very dark, so she was a big relief. I'd have liked if she'd been more subdued in this appearance, more still stinging over her aborted romance with Ollie than being all flirty and bubbly and dressing all skimpy for a non-alcoholic, coffee-fueled trivia night (huh?) in broad daylight (huh? ... I guess it's summer and they started at 7, but, still). She was fine, sure, but she could have been better.

Gaith said:
Eh, she was alright. This was S1 Arrow Felicity, always saying stupid stuff and going all googly-eyed - she's grown past that stage, and when she was like that on Arrow, the show was very dark, so she was a big relief. I'd have liked if she'd been more subdued in this appearance, more still stinging over her aborted romance with Ollie than being all flirty and bubbly and dressing all skimpy for a non-alcoholic, coffee-fueled trivia night (huh?) in broad daylight (huh? ... I guess it's summer and they started at 7, but, still). She was fine, sure, but she could have been better.

Completely disagree. :)

She seemed completely in character to me. And Felicity was attracted to Barry before the Ollie reveal, and has ever referred to Barry as her boyfriend-in-a-coma on Arrow. Plus, Felicity and Barry have great romcom chemistry together. I thought it was a very fun episode.

I don't watch Arrow, so I've no idea if Felicity was in character or not. It could just be that she was with someone she already really liked so she just slid into a more comfortable persona when around Barry. However, Barry thinking it's a good idea to run backwards on a treadmill with super speed? That I would say is out of character for an otherwise smart guy.

I agree that Cisco making the freeze gun was out of character. That's like putting Phil Coulson in charge of making a machine to drain Steve Rogers of the Super Soldier Serum. It would've been much better if Caitlin put the gun together, especially if she's going to be this show's version of Killer Frost.

Captain Cold was really good, able to come of as psychotic, smart, and (no pun intended) cool. The way he wears his glasses makes me feel he wouldn't feel too out of place in a Terminator movie, and that smile he gives when Cisco calls him "Captain Cold" is just awesome. Also, very interesting how the first villain to really "get" at Barry is not a meta human, just a normal one, since it helps give Cold an extra edge over the other villains Barry's faced so far. Also, I wonder if I might be linked to this show somehow, 'cause when I say they should stop inserting flashbacks into the episodes, this episode airs and there aren't any flashbacks!

Four episode in and I had my first geek out moment.

Spoiler below:

When The Flash was running in and out of the train saving the passengers. That was Super Awesome.

This show is great fun. When he showed of his hero voice in the CSI lab was a very real moment with his foster dad bursting with laughter.

emphatic said:
This show is great fun. When he showed of his hero voice in the CSI lab was a very real moment with his foster dad bursting with laughter.
Yeah, usually that kind of thing comes across as corny, but it really felt genuine. This show has some great people in charge, they're great. That, or somebody's been putting something in the crew's water. Whatever it is, it's working and they need to be able to keep going.

The Grodd nod was neat too. Was that a real gorilla?

Short negative rant about somethin' else:
Honestly Iris is my least favorite part of the show. I understand she's necessary due to comic continuity but I don't like how the actress plays her. Maybe it's a CW thing but she's always got perfect makeup with moist lips that are slightly open and curved into a faux-smile, even when she's "in pain" and she just seems more like a model than a good actress. Soap opera-y. Rant over, I'll stop complaining because at least with her blogging stuff she's been given something to do in the plot, which should help her stick out less.

THIS THREAD IS SORELY LACKING

Danielle Panabaker pics are required

full-danielle-panabaker-1670118987.jpg

600full-danielle-panabaker.jpg

600full-danielle-panabaker.jpg

Danielle_Panabaker_by_Demonsrock222.jpg

I hate to say it, but... I think I might even prefer her to Felicity?! I don't know! Felicity's got a lot more personality, but... those big, brown eyes! Those casual, non-showy outfits! That refreshing lack of overplayed awkwardness! :D :oops:

Anyway, last week's ep was great, definitely the best one so far. The Clock King returns! A cool surprise; I had no idea that was coming.

Not sure which thread I should comment in regarding the two part crossover -- Flash or Arrow? lol

Both very enjoyable. Though I wish it had been a bigger, more epic two part story, something more deserving of the crossover "event" term, since each was very much a stand alone episode.

Of the two, the second half "Brave and the Bold", I found to be stronger and more enjoyable. Part one, "Arrow VS. Flash" used the classic (or is it cliche ??? lol) comic book convention of turning one hero "evil" so they can do battle against each other. It was still well executed, and I found the banter between Team Arrow and STAR hilarious. But part two was better, the conflict between Ollie and Barry rose out of their differences. In many ways, it was the classic argument how can Superman and Batman be best friends, they are completely different -- but it is the differences that make them stronger and better together.

In both episodes, Cisco represented the voice of the comic book fandom, expressing all the giggles and joys of seeing two super heroes working together -- the whole Arrow Cave and Arrow Mobile made me belly laugh. And Cisco belief that metahumans are here to help make the world a better place, I thought was wonderful.

All in all, they were good, fun episodes. I hope they become regular events between both series.

This week the fall finales air, and they look amazing!

The only thing I didn't like about this week's episode is Eddie trying to get a task force together to catch the Flash. They've already done that on Arrow. We don't need to see the same thing done on The Flash too.

^ That is awesome news! I am going to have to dig out my FLASH dvd set and rewatch those episodes.
hhhmmmm..... maybe it's time for a classic Flash fan edit? Warner recut the two Tricksters episodes into a single movie and released it on VHS.... might be fun to try and recreate that.

Frantic Canadian said:
The only thing I didn't like about this week's episode is Eddie trying to get a task force together to catch the Flash. They've already done that on Arrow. We don't need to see the same thing done on The Flash too.

To me it seems logical. This is a universe where super-heroes (especially super-powered ones) is in it infancy, and after a police officer being attacked, it makes sense a Task Force would be assembled to investigate. I think how this will differ from Arrow, is how Barry reacts. While Ollie is happy being in the shadows, I think this will be one of the factors that leads to Barry becoming a more public hero.

Frantic Canadian said:

Well, what better way to introduce that plot point on The Flash than by having Arrow show up?

These crossover episodes were fun, but I'm not terribly interested in Oliver Queen unless he's paired up with Barry. I watched the episodes of Arrow where Barry showed up, and while he was good (my favorite part being where Barry says "your mother shot you?" while in "The Arrow Cave"), I found most everything else rather dull, and even when he's trying to be a better person, i.e. not killing people, The Arrow is still crazy/an extremist who thinks it's a good idea to shoot Roy Harper in the leg in order to "protect him."

Still, I do like it when Barry and Oliver are together. They have a classic Batman and Superman/Robin/Spider-Man dynamic going on, and the fight scene in The Flash and banter at the end of the Arrow episodes were the highlights of the crossover.

Apeaking of Arrow, did not know Clock King was originally on Arrow until after I watched The Flash episode from two weeks ago. I do have to commend the creators of the show for fully fleshing out CK for Flash audiences. And now we're getting to Reverse-Flash! Can't wait!

bionicbob said:
maybe it's time for a classic Flash fan edit?

I've been thinking about this one since before Arrow talked about bringing Flash on board. I was really leaning towards finding a way to make an origin story with the Trickster being the big bad, but I remember there being an issue with the female reporter/investigator and her relationship with Barry changing between the 2 episodes. The way they did the VHS release was air each episode fully and put a 6 months later card in the middle.

Great mid-season finale! No definitive answers, but some awesome action! Firestorm! Reverse-Flash! The Flash Ring!!!!

So Wells is connected to the Reverse-Flash, but is he the Reverse-Flash? Probably, based on that final scene but the writers are sneaky. I still like the crazy theory that the Reverse-Flash could be an older Barry (heck, that Wells is an older Barry).... I keep thinking about how the Reverse-Flash has glowing red eyes like when Barry turned evil..... coincidence? lol Though the way RF paused before Eddie... it could be his future self too. But based on the way RF spoke, they could be going with the River Song approach, Rf is a time traveller and his meetings with Barry are in different order than real time.

The revelation that there was a second speedster at Barry's mother's death was very interesting. The obvious candidate would be it's Barry time travelling and saving his younger self. Though I hope they go a different route. My hope is this will introduce Jay Garrick or Max Mercury build upon the Flash mythology, and establish meta-humans have existed before the collider accident. And with the introduction of MERCURY Labs ( welcome back Tina McGee! Yay!), this could the writers way to bring in such characters.

As for the Barry and Iris thing.... it was nice the writers chose to deal with it early instead of letting it hang like a bad 80's plot thread for endless seasons. Though knowing typical tv writing 101, just as Iris figures out she is in love with Barry, he will be dating someone else.... lol.

A very nice introduction to Firestorm.... very curious how they will bring Professor Stein into it?

Again, a very fun episode. Loving this series! :)

Well, this show has just been dang fun so far. And since Gustin is a Glee alum, can I publicly hope for a musical episode? :-D

Also, having finally now got all caught up, I want a supercut of Cisco naming the baddies so far. (And Caitlin naming the Rainbow Raider, and Cisco apologetically not-naming the yellow suit guy, and... heck, let's throw in Coulson's groan that Raina gave Scorch his name too, while we're at it.) Get to work, NerdNets!

The second half of season one is looking pretty awesome.....

Back
Top Bottom