• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Flash (CW)

So a very interesting pic has been released from the filming of the season finale of The Flash.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/03/26/flash-finale-spoilers-the-fate-of-oliver-queen/

It appears that both Arrow and Firestorm with guest star as the Flash battles Wells.

But what is really interesting is the garb Ollie is wearing in the pic -- a League of Assassins uniform!!! There could be a number of explanations for this, but the top two that pop into my mind is either Ollie finally accepts Ras "offer" on his series, or Barry (or Wells) alters the timeline in the finale where there was no Barry to inspire Ollie?

Nice find! I can't wait as Flash is quickly moving into first place for my favorite superhero show (pun intended).

I have to politely disagree with your theory about the alternate timeline ONLY because I don't believe that Firestorm would've come about without Flash's involvement. The Oliver becomes Ras without Flash around is definitely a possibility, but Firestorm's arc heavily involved Flash.

musiced921 said:
I have to politely disagree with your theory about the alternate timeline ONLY because I don't believe that Firestorm would've come about without Flash's involvement. The Oliver becomes Ras without Flash around is definitely a possibility, but Firestorm's arc heavily involved Flash.

Good point. That's what I get for posting a theory before first morning coffee... lol

Man oh man, so much has happened these last few episodes. I swear, it feels like the old Network Sweeps month, except almost every episode of the Flash has some sort of amazing little nugget or twist. I am really loving this show, maybe even more than Arrow at the moment.

The Weather Wizard episode pulled out all the stops and felt like a game changer. And even though at the end it was mostly reset by Barry travelling back it time, I did not feel cheated like I have in the past when similar shows have done the same thing because it still felt like it was advancing the story. And I really enjoyed how they dealt with consequences of changing the timeline in the next episode. It was a good lesson for Barry. Plus, the Cisco arc was very good, particularly the end with the reveal that yes, he did tell Cold the Flash's true identity. Though the final truce between Barry and Cold left me feeling a bit uncomfortable. I understand why it was done, to move the Rogues closer to their comic book counterparts and their Code of Honor.... but still it felt like Barry was putting his secret identity before the safety of the public....? It is the same uncomfortable feeling I get every time I see the Pipeline Prison. And the only reason for either of these is because the writers keep exposing Barry's identity to EVERYONE!

The Trickster episode was fun and it was great to see Mark Hamill hamming it up but it was the Harrison Wells subplot that really stole the show! Based on what we saw, I am assuming Thawne absorbed the original Well's personality along with his knowledge and memories, thus explaining his bipolar behaviour this season.... alternating between psycho killer and supportive mentor.

Though Thawne's reveal that the SuperCollider originally went successfully online in 2020, seems to suggest the Flash already existed before and the collider accident is not directly responsible for Barry's super powers? At least, I hope this is true, as it would become tiresome and unbelievable if every metahuman was created from the Collider (or meteor rock lol). I think this is further supported by how Wells described the SPEED FORCE. Which of course opens the door for more Speedster to eventually show up.... ie. Wally West.

Though how will Wally be related to Joe and Iris? Does Iris have an older brother as yet unseen and unmentioned? Or will Wally be Joe's nephew?

And with Barry mastering Time Travel this season, I could see season two introducing the concept of Barry cracking the dimensional barrier and travelling to parallel Earths. They could introduce Jay Garrick in the same fashion as the comics. Or they could use it to get Shipp back into the classic Flash costume, on a world where Henry became the Flash instead of Barry.

Anyway, only a few more eps left in the season, and they promise to be blockbuster! :)

Is this show worth watching? Or is it more of a showcase for attractive people like Arrow?

yoshif8tures said:
Is this show worth watching? Or is it more of a showcase for attractive people like Arrow?
I find it far more entertaining than Arrow, but I'm a sucker for superpowers. It's a lot of fun, and even though it's the first season, it doesn't feel like they're holding back anything. Just try to ignore the stupid relationship drama and you'll probably enjoy it.

This show has become my favourite weekly addiction and is in my opinion the BEST comic book tv show thus far ever produced! Some might argue that the recent Daredevil is better, but I prefer The FLASH, as it bravely and unabashedly dives head first in to bright fantasy world of powers, costumes, and super science. And I LOVE it!!!

This past GRODD episode was fanboy awesome! The CGI Grodd was incredible! And who better to voice the super-evolved ape than uber talented Clancy Brown!

With only two episodes to go, questions I have..... what will happened if they defeat Wells/Reverse Flash? Who will fund S.T.A.R. labs? Will the Atom buy and support Team Flash? Or maybe Mercury Labs? Or maybe.... there is some part of the original Harrison Wells still in the Reverse Flash and they will be able to separate the two, and thus give Wells a story of redemption in Season Two?
Why is Wells keeping Eddie prisoner? Maybe in order to Time Travel home, he needs his family DNA and will absorb Eddie next, and Rick Cosnett will become the Reverse Flash in season two????

It's official.

The next spin-off from the Arrow/Flashverse is titled LEGENDS OF TOMORROW.
The CW has ordered it direct to series and has released the series synopsis....

When heroes alone are not enough… the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat – one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?

A nice second to last episode.

The whole illegal prison plot was neatly, if not too easily/cleanly, resolved. But I am glad it is gone. As the characters pointed out, it was more of an Arrow type move than a Flash one. And I guess that was the point of the episode, after a few dark episodes and questionable choices made by Barry, to differentiate what type of hero he is compared to the Arrow.

The Green Lantern "missing test pilot" line made me smile.

The final confrontation between Reverse-Flash and the Flash, Arrow and Firestorm was fun and well executed. Once again the producers really pushed the limits of their tv budget and overall succeeded. Again, I found myself smiling that it was the non-powered guy who is responsible for the ultimate take down of Wells. It felt very Batman-esque.

One episode left to the final....

Extended trailer for next week's finale....

WOW!!!

An incredible season finale!
I did not see that coming.
And yes, I choked up and cried a bit... sniff... .lol

Lots of neat easter eggs when Barry entered the Speed Force, will have to watch again to catch them all, but definitely saw a clip from Legends of Tomorrow and I think I saw Killer Frost too. Also saw Hawkgirl or should I say Kendra Hall on the streets of CC.

And OMG! The original Flash's mercury helmut!!!! Nerdgasm time! :lol::lol::lol:

Cisco aka Vibe!!!!
Eddie!!!! But does that mean everything is undone or just a paradox reality?

What an ending! Was not expecting a cliffhanger, but wowzers it was EPIC!

With out a doubt, BEST SUPER HERO SHOW EVER! :D

Can't wait to watch it again. :thumb:

I enjoyed it. Basically, I knew only Barry and his parents. Everyone else was "these other guys".

Anyway, I was looking for Sara, and I'm guessing she's somewhere in the time thingy, right?

I also loved the not one, but two nods to Marvel on a DC show:

1. "'Eureka!' or 'Excelsior!'" -- might be the first time anywhere that Archimedes and Stan Lee get referenced in the same line! :lol:

2. We've probably seen this before, but if so, I hadn't noticed: when Barry enters the particle accelerator, the shot (where we see him enter as though we are already inside) looks almost exactly like the shots of people entering Cerebro from the X-Men movies, just with a different color scheme and a few new details.

I agree that the ending, while heroic on a number of levels, also leaves the whole question of what is and what isn't different up in the air.

I feel like it could go one of two ways: either this serves as a springboard for season two and/or Legends of Tomorrow (which definitely gets at least two explicit nods in the episode) or it is one of those things where they explore temporal paradoxes right up to the point where they interfere with the storytelling, at which point the emotional content takes priority over complete narrative and/or temporal sense, a la Steven Moffat on Doctor Who. I suspect it may be a bit of both, and for the moment at least, I am very much OK with that...

ETA: A thought suddenly occurs to me about the ending (put in spoiler tag so as not to spoil for those of you haven't seen it yet)...

Barry seemingly gets stuck on the wrong side of the singularity/wormhole. We've already seen Jay Garrick's helmet, and Wells/Thawne clearly seems to know what it is. We also have Danielle Panabaker talking about becoming Killer Frost next season. Could they shake things up for Season 2 by having Barry stuck on Earth-2? It would allow them to introduce Jay Garrick as a possible rival and/or new mentor figure and a whole host of new characters (maybe even the recently-canceled Constantine, since Doctor Fate's helmet has already been shown to exist on that show?), as well as letting the current actors play alternate versions of themselves a la Star Trek's mirror universe or Doctor Who's Inferno episodes...

So... our heroes are now super-villains, right? Because I can't think of any other plot in the Arrowverse - from Merlyn's Undertaking to Slade's and Rha's assaults, to Eobard's intentional particle accelerator explosion - that has yet had the potential to do apocalyptic damage. And this could have been avoided on a writing level by having Eobard escape his cell and then activate the accelerator by himself, leading Barry, who would have previously decided not to take the risk, to follow him in and fight him.

A very bad ep for us Barrlin shippers! :mad: And it's one thing for a medical doctor not to know what a singularity is. But one that works in a blooming particle accelerator definitely should.

For a moment there, when Barry rushed to his mother in the past and his dad was knocked out, I thought it would turn out that he'd been killed instead of her. Of course, that would write Shipp out, which they have no reason to do, but I thought it was a neat idea while it lasted.

And the reason for Eobard-Future Barry's animosity "doesn't matter" at present? Wha?! And did no one ask or explain why letting Eobard out was at all a good idea, let alone necessary?!

I enjoyed it, as I have the whole season, and Barry's good-bye to his mother was very well-done, but man, that was weird...

ETA: And I hope we haven't seen the last of Eobard Thawne's original self (Matt Letscher), because that's Captain Harrison Love!!

2510884_zpsndsksjof.jpg

Gaith said:
ETA: And I hope we haven't seen the last of Eobard Thawne's original self (Matt Letscher), because that's Captain Harrison Love!!

2510884_zpsndsksjof.jpg

I think this every time I see Matt Letscher in anything, and ever since the big reveal, I always hear his voice at the same time Cavanagh speaks his lines. Part of that is also a testament to how good they both are, but still...oh, and an interview I saw with one of the showrunners (can't find the link now, sorry) suggests that Reverse Flash is too good a villain not to come back, and that either actor could play him, depending on the situation...

^ Seems he's had lots of bit parts over the years, and I guess I must have seen him in Boston Legal, but this has been the first time I'm aware of seeing him since Zorro. And especially if they're going to bring the original Wells back, it'd totally make sense for Letscher to play Eobard in future eps...

I love the MCU, but this is the best superhero/comic property on a network.

Proof:
The-Flash-TV-Show-Barry-Jay-Comic-Cover.jpg

This is from the show's official Twitter page. Interesting that the modern version needs a woman to be in trouble rather than a man, but that's just a nitpick. Look at how faithful!!!!!!!!!!1!

addiesin said:

LOVE it!!!
Plus, Barry's logo is now lightning on WHITE, not red!!!

I had to google the actor playing Jay Garrick... he is younger than I expected to be playing the golden age Flash, but we still don't know how they are reinterpreting the character. In Smallville, they had the JSA active in the 1970s, so the characters were all in their 40s and 50s.

All the news coming out this summer about both Flash and Arrow sounds very exciting.... we got Killer Frost, which may be tied to explaining if Robbie Amell is still part of the Firestorm duo or being replaced? And we are getting Hawkman too!

Though I wonder with Legends and the newly announced Prison Break tv event, if we will be seeing Captain Cold and Heatwave as much this season?

Back
Top Bottom