• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Flash (CW)

This is fun, fan made Flash vs Quicksilver....

That was a fun xmas/fall finale. Due to no small part Mark Hamill's wonderful over the top Joker-esque performance , I felt at times I was watching Batman The Animated Series lol! :biggrin1:

This show continues to surprise and delight me. So last night, while the Flash chases a "flying" Weather Wizard through the high rises of Central City, they have Barry race over a helicopter!!! Think about it. There is no reason for this plot wise and on a tv budget it would be very expensive, and yet the producers did it anyway because it is FUN and COOL!!!! I love this show! :)

Agreed Bob! This show rarely stumbles and is ALWAYS enjoyable.

SPOILERS ahead (no need for spoiler tags really)

I'm curious how people feel about the newest addition to the show AKA Wally. It was a welcomed surprise that we all kind of saw coming as we found out Francine had a son, but those little Barry and Joe moments, such as the one where Joe gives him the watch and Barry tells Joe he's been a great father to him are the heart of the show every time. Seeing Joe's face when he opens the door at the end was so heartfelt and I couldn't help but have some chills and smile watching Wally's first appearance.

A jammed packed, easter egg filled episode as the Flash clearly establishes the DC Multiverse (at least for the TVvese lol)...

While travelling through the Speed Cannon, we caught glimpses of Gorilla Grodd and Jonah Hex, an alternate Green Arrow, a Legion of Super-Heroes flight ring (Booster Gold, perhaps?) and the two BIGGEST reveals....

1990's The Flash!!!! Could John Wesley Shipp return to his classic suit? It might be a great way to bring him back to the show. Though what if, this version of the Flash, is ZOOM? He started out as the Flash, because he was not fast enough, his Earth was destroyed, so now he steals others Speedster's powers?

and, of course, SUPERGIRL!!!! I wonder, will they call it Earth-S???? lol

So many easter eggs.... a reference to the Justice Society, Barry's speed dial lists Bruce, Hal and Diana, a very clever use of Lawton since the Suicide Squad characters are off the table due to the movie, E2 Flash using his helmut to create vibrations..... so many more...

A real comic book joygasm! :D

^ Aye, lots of fun, even though the moronic Barry (of "let's jeopardize the world to try to get my mom back!" infamy) returned with a vengeance. And thank goodness having Mirror Caitlin be evil and a metahuman almost certainly means that ours will never be, because Panabaker trying to vamp and be badass was lame. She's no Golden Glider.

Another fun episode!

Who is the Man in the Iron Mask?
Who is Zoom?

Are they both maybe Jay Garrick? Or should I say, Zolomon Hunter????

:-?

Zoom revealed!!!!

So who is the Man in the Iron Mask???

Top picks.... another Jay Garrick, Henry Allen or Eddie Thawne????

^ Isn't it obvious?

leonardo_iron_mask_fb.jpg

:p

Season three comic-con trailer....

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LGQRbPERaU[/video]

Compare the costume time...

Flashes.jpg

Wow, even with its smaller budget, I think I prefer the TV version suit more (though I wish it was a brighter red like the movie).

bionicbob said:
Compare the costume time...

Flashes.jpg

Wow, even with its smaller budget, I think I prefer the TV version suit more (though I wish it was a brighter red like the movie).

You make a million dollar budget movie, you create a million dollar costume...and overly design the hell out of it.

addiesin said:
What's with all the wires?

girdle. The flash was eating too many donuts. He tried spanx, but that couldn't contain it.

I still think you can't top the 1980 costume...

859360fe44ba83d3bba90ee3e7062730.jpg

Real opinion: I like it. I'd like it better without the wires, seems like a gimmick that will take exposition which is time taken away from more interesting stuff that may be going on. In comparison, I think both are fine, neither is perfect. I just hope the fancy suit has a good story to go along with it. The TV show has a head start in that regard

Flash season two.... 

A brilliant sophomore season, about equal to season one.  The key word to describe this show is 'FUN'! :D

The special effects this season were INCREDIBLE!!!  For a tv budget, this show often had a big screen blockbuster feel and look -- Gorrilla Grodd! King Shark!! And I am still awestruck with Barry leaping over the flying helicopter!!!!  Though I wonder if they burned through their budget on the first half of the season, as the two part finale with Zoom's super powered army attacking Central City was lacking and mostly off screen lol.

Grant Gustin was amazing this season portraying Barry's struggle and guilt while still never fully losing his optimism.   His relationship with Patty was classic romcom, as their chemistry was undeniable.   Iris was immensely better developed this season and her potential romance with Barry felt more real and earned this season.   Sadly, I think Joe got the short end of the stick this season, and got lost in the sea of characters.  Though he had some nice moments with the Wally plot line.   As for Wally himself, a nice addition though he felt odd man out in many episodes.   His arc was maybe too similar to Roy from Arrow?   A young man inspired by a hero to better himself.  But maybe that is how it should be.   It is important to see the impact, inspiration and legacy our heros create in their wake.

Cisco and Caitlin evolved nicely.  It was fun seeing their evil counterparts.   Though Caitlin never fully sold me in her performance as a Femme Fatale... she is just too sweet! LOL!
Cavanagh again stole every scene this season as "Harry".   He gave an amazingly layer performance.  How will be return in season three?

Zoom was very menacing and demonic.  I loved the episode where he defeats the Flash and holds up his broken body!  EPIC!!!  The actual origin/reveal being a dark flip side of Barry's was a clever development.   And the final reveal of the real Jay Garrick was cool though it came at the price of Barry's father dying (which was very poorly written and obvious).

It's interesting, while on Arrow I found some the best eps were the Legends set up stuff, on Flash I found these eps the most distracting.   I also dislike the episode of Barry travelling back in time to train with Wells and then returning to find Piped Piper is part of Team Flash but yet never seen again?  It was one of the worst written eps of the season. 

A lot of DC Universe building was done on the show, and most of it was fanboy fun.   We now firmly have the Multiverse, so the series (along with Arrow, Supergirl and Legends) can literally go anywhere and tell any type of story.   The potential is unlimited.

As for the actual finale, for the most part by the numbers and predictable but made more enjoyable by the final scene of Barry altering the past.   FLASHPOINT!!!   Though I predict, the actual alternate Flashpoint Universe will only last one or two episodes at the most, and the remainder of the season with deal with the consequences of Barry's actions.  Conflicting reports say Flashpoint will also impact Arrow and Legends?  It would be a clever device to make some course corrections in those shows but it might be confusing for viewers?

Either way I am stoked for season three and just hope Flash does not follow the Arrow track record of a weak third season.  :rolleyes:

Honest Trailer for seasons one and two....  :p

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvUXbzxxdo0[/video]

Episode 3.1 FLASHPOINT.....SPOILERS AHEAD

In my opinion, HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.  I understand that this is on a smaller scale and that we wouldn't be spending much time with the alternate timeline because we had to rush and get back to the new timeline thanks to Barry's meddling.  There just wasn't anything all that bad in alternate timeline.  Barry's parents are alive, he's in the process of beginning a relationship with Iris and Kid Flash has the city covered.  Oh, Joe is randomly an unexplained alcoholic and doesn't have a relationship with his kids.  Other than that, this world is really pretty great.  No oncoming apocalypse or living characters now dead, in fact, why change anything?  The injured Wally was going to be fine, Cisco was enjoying life as a billionaire and I'm sure Wells was enjoying his happy life with his wife.  Quite a few plot holes that I just had a tough time suspending disbelief on (Barry's living there 3 months and JUST figured out Cisco is a billionaire tech mogul, Barry even having powers, time wraiths?).  

This could've been and SHOULD'VE been a major crossover event to kickstart the new seasons.  Barry is in an alternate time line that he created, visits Arrow to learn Robert Queen is the Arrow as Oliver died during the sinking of the Queen's Gambit, half of the Legends are either dead or at war with a big bad, Supergirl was found by the government and locked up.  Each episode could be Barry getting them all to team up and rescue Supergirl so that they could all take down some big bad which doesn't work and forces Barry to THEN go back in time since this new world was destined to be destroyed.  Maybe Hawkman, Hawkgirl and Vixen take the place of Aquaman, Mera and Wonder Woman.  No immense budget needed!  Just good storytelling!  This could've been a great adaptation of Flashpoint and would've taken a weeks worth of episodes to deal with and the following week would be Barry setting things right and beginning right away with the new timeline in episode 2 and the rest of the shows carry on from that point.

Just my two cents.

Back
Top Bottom