• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Dr Jones and the Skull Kingdom Mystery

Y-THEY-NO-LISTEN-TO-FRINK.jpg

Loved the advice list on posting . My vote comment was in jest, though I have managed to get previously scornfull friends to view and are now curious about this artfirm. Toldyaso!
W
Currently working on Star Trek: Genesis Legacy eta April/May 2011

Hi Wraith,

Downloaded your DVD version to watch but found the video suffers from an evenly-spaced jerky motion throughout. Happens on both my standlone player and my two PC's. Anything in the DVD authoring that may have caused that perhaps? Pulldown? Reverse pulldown?

SD

^Based on that info, I guess I'll wait some more...

Strange. I have tested the disc on 3 dvd players at home, 2 laptops and 4 PCs and don't get that at all. I also asked 3 friends who watched, and they dont either....Hmmm. Any more info?
W

Did you maybe burn it too fast, spicediver? That, among other things, can cause problems. I think I will grab it now that Wraith has reported much success. Heh.

Wraith said:
Strange. I have tested the disc on 3 dvd players at home, 2 laptops and 4 PCs and don't get that at all. I also asked 3 friends who watched, and they dont either....Hmmm. Any more info?
W

Hi Wraith,

In that case forget it. It's there alright, but no more so that I occasionally see on other NTSC discs. I assume its something to do with the source, not your encoding.

Carry on!

I just finished watching the whole shebang and it played just fine on my crotchety old PS2. (did take forever to get to the menu, but it does that sometimes) Will rate and review post haste.

Like the sound of a lot of these cuts, Wraith. Looking forward to checking out the edit as soon as I can.

I haven't been able to log in to rate/review yet, but I will and I will RAVE!

This edit did what I never thought possible-- it discovered the story that was hidden inside the release version. Somehow you made every character make sense. Mac. Spalko. Mutt. Marion. Ox. These characters seemed so random to me before. Now, they each follow as part of a coherent story.

And the "Mystery" angle-- BRILLIANT! You set this apart from the other movies so correctly-- this is a mystery and all Indy's smarts are applied to solving it. And now I understand what the mystery was! And I was intrigued every step of the way up to the wonderful ending. Now all the dopey pseudo-science works the way it was meant to, like Ox's "They went into the space between spaces" line. I can't express how impressive this achievement is to me-- you saw what was supposed to be there when I couldn't (and I'm usually pretty good at this stuff).

I had only three or four tiny quibbles with tiny editing choices in this awesome edit. I am so grateful to you, sir!

I'm going nuts trying to figure out how to post a review. WordPress refuses to recognize me. Will post asap.

spicediver said:
Hi Wraith,

Downloaded your DVD version to watch but found the video suffers from an evenly-spaced jerky motion throughout. Happens on both my standlone player and my two PC's. Anything in the DVD authoring that may have caused that perhaps? Pulldown? Reverse pulldown?

SD

I've just downloaded the DVD version and am experiencing this too.

I'm playing this direct from my PC's hard drive (have tried VLC and PowerDVD) - never had any problems with any other files or discs (DVD or Blu-ray).

Looks to me like some frames are being dropped.

Any ideas of a workaround please anyone?

Oh yes, edges also suffer from a case of the 'jaggies'.

Note: the frame drops seem to be confined to the first few minutes of the film - maybe 10 minutes or so, I'd need to check. The 'jaggies' come and go.

Oh yes, and next time please drop the 'nuke the fridge' segment. :)

Couple of notes re sound effects, i would personally remove the following:

a) The 'gloop' sound when Indy and Marion are in the quicksand

b) The 'twang' as the tree over the water springs back

Both sounds are ridiculous.

Have watched it all now, a great edit and a lot better than the theatrical release. It gets rid of most of the idiocy that spoiled the original and creates a more absorbing story. Nice work!

Any chance of a HD edit using the Blu-ray as the source? :)

I had the same issue on word press and then I complted registration but can't recall soln. Have done a rerender to tweak a minor audio issue only during the deleted saucer take off where an unrelated audio file doubled the vol. Still not getting any jaggies. Seems that it's on Hard drive playbacks. Could be a graphics CPU conflict or similar? Have u done a slow disc burn?

I'll have to try a disc burn, but the jaggies from hard disk playback are intermittent, along with some areas where the pixels are more obvious.

Thx a lot. You know, I had the old style version of the tiltes until there was a vote....I have revised a minor audio issue near the end, and will re-render with the old font...I prefer it too. W

Back
Top Bottom