• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Dr Jones and the Skull Kingdom Mystery

I was really knocked out, Wraith. So thank you.
And I will look forward to the new titles-- I watched it once on my own and once with my wife. The title size kind of jarred us both individually, so I think it's a good change. I think part of our reaction was that for a moment it seemed like the title was attached to the educational fims (which, in themselves, were such a nice surprise).

Congrats Wraith to FOTM, it was a pretty close match but jonesy prevailed

Many thx....will be making some very small revisions....notes to come
WRIATH

DR JONES V2 (acually v4.08 build 13 at my end) coming in a few weeks as a thanks...very very very minor tweaks.....as follows: PLUS TRAILER
1 - I have revised the opening title Font to the RAIDERS classic I used in the rest of the credits
2 - Downgraded the new opening footage to have registration errors, scratches, spots and some fade.
3 - Removed the TWANG cartoon noise of the tree-snapback at the waterfalls per suggestion (pissed I missed that)
4 - Rectified a minor sound volume issue near the end during the water pouring that was pointed out
5 - A minor crop on the aspect ratio during the end of the titles credit roll near the end where the credits are modified.
6 - "Coming soon" STAR TREK:THE GENESIS LEGACY teaser added at the very very end (yes with footage)
ETA...a few days.

THX

WRAITH

Did anyone find the easter egg?

Just a quick note to congratulate you on FOTM, Wraith! Considering I may be as old as your avatar by the time my edit comes out, I'm really glad that there's an edit out there that a lot of people are enjoying. I'm intrigued by the idea of the Easter egg, too. Really looking forward to checking the edit out when I have time.

Wraith said:
Did anyone find the easter egg?
Hmm...I'll have to look again. Anyway, congrats on the January win. Well deserved. :)

The Easter Egg is on the current release NOT a V2 addition (though it will be ther as well)....Clue...Its on the main menu page......Look for the whip
W

I posted this review on the main site, but I thought I'd put it here as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally got a chance to watch this the other night. Indy IV is a movie I really despised, and have attempted to block out of my memory. I even tried to fanedit it myself a year ago, but I gave up on it and moved on. Wraith has done some fantastic edits, so I was very curious to see what he came up with.
Wraith’s version is definitely and improvement on the original, and a much more enjoyable experience, but I still didn’t find the improvements enough to make it a film I actually wanted to watch.
First thing right off the bat I didn’t like was the new opening sequence. Opening the movie with the Atom bombs as the focus was definitely well done, but it feels so unnecessary to me, just like the sequence it sets up. The whole opening of the movie just sets up one (pointless and stupid) moment that has nothing to do with the plot. It’s sort of like having a great joke with a really lame and unsatisfying punch line. Also, any edit of Indy IV I feel like should immediately remove the Nuke-Town scene, but that’s probably just a personal preference. This whole sequence is still preferable to the little rat thing and “Hound Dog” in the original though.
I feel there’s still too many silly moments that remain, but the best part of this edit is how the action is handled. The cuts and trims to every action scene are stellar, and really make a big impact. The motorcycle chase is handled very well, but I was most impressed with the cutting of the jungle chase. The pacing of it is now almost perfect, and it’s very exciting. The removal of the Big Damn Ants scene was also very well handled, though that’s a scene that never particularly bothered me.
Overall, I did think this edit was an improvement over the original, but it’s still just not enough to make the movie anywhere near satisfying. It was a valiant attempt, and I’m honestly not sure that it can even be done.
This edit: 7/10
Original: 2/10
I recommend it if for some strange reason you have a hankering to watch Crystal Skull again, and want to avoid vomiting that evening.

Wraith, I just finished this. What a fantastic job you did! Sooo much better than the original. :)

I really enjoyed the use of the newsreel footage. I also appreciated the cut of the hot-rod sequence. It does nothing to move forward story or character, and since it lasts the entire length of the opening credits, it's loooooong. Plus, considering how many 1950s hot-rod movies there have been, this sequence is cliched and adds nothing to that genre by its inclusion. So glad that, thanks to you, we can skip that altogether and get straight to the story!

Did you amplify or add Indy's yelling when he's swinging backwards in the whip in the warehouse (right before "I thought that was closer")? If you did, it's a great addition! The moment never seemed to play right. In the original, Indy's line makes it seem like he planned to swing backwards from the start, which undercuts the joke. Here, it felt RIGHT.

There are so many moments in here that felt weird in the movie and just feel RIGHT in this version, because you've deleted the surrounding scenes that made those moments feel too silly. The tone and the pace is just perfect.

I would have never noticed the color grading if you hadn't said something, but it looks so much better now! What are the differences between the grades (if that's how one phrases it)?

What software did you use to make this?

I have a few quibbles here and there--I would have kept in a couple of Indy's quips about "Not as easy as it used to be," and I would have removed the nonsense about Mac being a double/triple agent. But that's just personal taste. You've hugely improved the movie with this edit, and I thank you for it! :)

Did the V2 DVD ever make its rounds? I do not see it on info and I'd really like to watch this.

http://www.fanedit.org/forums/misc.php?do=vsarules

Don't post asking for download links of fanedits: Fanedit.info is a great resource for finding fanedits. If however an edit is not listed there or the files are dead, do not publicly request links on this site. We will delete all link requests and you will, in repeating cases, get a warning. Posts like "where can I find this?" will also be deleted, as this is already answered on fanedit.org and the forum in the respective fanedit posts.

Don't post asking for download links: We will delete all link requests and you will, in repeating cases, get banned.

File Hosting Availability
... If a fanedit goes offline, please first review the Forum thread for the edit to see if the editor has posted information about this, and if not, you are free to send a Private Message to the faneditor. Posting in the forum that the fanedit is offline is discouraged.

without posting a link to the download which is against the rules, can someone tell me how I can get hold of this?

Apparently you need to read the rules again.

Panchos said:
without posting a link to the download which is against the rules, can someone tell me how I can get hold of this?

best to pm the editor and ask for the links

Back
Top Bottom