• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Dr Jones and the Skull Kingdom Mystery

dvd COVER ART COMPLETE. Now rendering final RAR...So will begin final upload. Enjoy the MP4. I had to create 4 effects at the end to remove the alien....I think I did rather ok....
The cut list is not as exhastive as previous ones, but is 70% of the work...if i tightened a sequence , I state that but not the shot for shot trims...1sec here, 2 secs there. e.g. the warehouse chase has only 19 sec deleted from 12 places....yet watching my version vs the theatrical feels so much better...(the beginning is in the trailer with 4 trims, indy round the corner, 0.5 sec, spalko 0.5 sec, Indy on crates 2x 1 sec...the efect is amazing ...the Jungle one is especially tighter.....
WRAITH
W

129181022437453758.gif

Seriously Wraith, you're turning this into a bad Abbott and Costello routine.

Wraith said:
I
To HEBRIDES...Maybe when you are done we can chat and do a HYBRID joint edit, we agree what works best, dice up the film in to 4 chunks and 2 chunks each based on our agreement? WADAYASAY?

Sorry I missed this post yesterday! Sure, I'd be interested; originally, jones1899 and I were thinking about doing a hybrid edit, but then he had a major computer failure. I still have tons of new effects to do and several new scenes to create, so it may take a while, but I'd definitely like to talk more about a hybrid edit in the future :)

Looks like a good edit. One thing though. Your edit - 014 Spalkos nonsense about awards and psychic over exposition removed as is pshchic door opening (perrrleeaaaasse).. I don't grt the "psychic door opening" comment. There's clearly a soldier by the door with a detonator, you can see the wire hangging between him and the door, and when she gives the signal he detonates it. Or am I missing something altogether.

Anyway, this looks like a good edit and I can't wait to see it.

Hmm...easily put back...Can you believe I never noticed...I always looked at her!!!!!! DOH!

NOw...I did put it back...and watched very carefully...YSES...the russian guy by the door does have a wire going into the door and all that but when Spalko raises her hand, he does not appear to do a thing....plus I'm no fan of the firework effect. A bullet to the lok or a proper explosion. Since they have over-run the base, and killed the guards at the gate, I assume that they can get into the warehouse a variety of ways...so...I removed it again since I'm still annoyed and want this film LIKE ALL the Indys to be grounded in the physics of our real world...except for the object they seek....

Job done. DVD rendered, artwork done. DVD rom done...done done RAR done and uploading. Should be ready to download possibly by tonight if all goes well (subject to upload speeds).....enjoy and please post reviews and comments and stuff. I will amend and re-render based on comments for a couple of weeks if required and post a revised version if need be, but think this puppy is cooked.
#
ENJOY
WRAITH

Congratulations on finishing. I'm looking forward to seeing it . I love Spielberg and have been an Indy fan since 81, so it's painful watching Crystal Skull with all it's faults and silliness. Your edit sounds like it'll improve it a lot.

Do you think you could send the DVD cover art the way of an Admin? Say, one named L8wrtr?

Mkaay? Thanks.

Its being redone...I did it in the wrong size....(again)....should be ready tonight or definitely to morrow.

WRAITH....edit almost loaded...20% but have a v v slow l=connection

Connection problems. 3 files done, 3 to go...
W

-reave-

Please read over the rules again.

Looking forward to the DVD version of this edit ;) Looks like it might pull a miracle and make Indy 4 relatively good...

havok1977 said:
Looking forward to the DVD version of this edit ;) Looks like it might pull a miracle and make Indy 4 relatively good...

You are absolutely correct! I watched this yesterday afternoon (with 3 hard core Indy fans) and all 4 of us loved it! Well worth the time to D/L and watch.

My review at the FE page is based on the mp4 - I didn't know there was going to be a DVD release - so my comment about the "overall video quality" is based on the mp4. I am currently waiting for the DVD to be posted for D/L so I can dump the mp4.

Wraith's version of Indy 4 is hands-down my go to version now! It is definitely a must-see.

So please you enjoyed and reviewed it. many Thx. If you'd like to list the technical glitches...(lord knows how many times I revieewed, but stuff seems to happen when you render), I'll correct them in a few weeks plus any other comments for a v2. Agree with the fridge sequence comments but there is no way to loos it completely so I trimmed out the car flyover etc. The DVD contains every frame of deletd footage as an extra. It is actually very interesing to watch, though painful at a level that defies reason that such rubbish made it into the movie.

Thx again

WRAITH

Wraith said:
If you'd like to list the technical glitches...(lord knows how many times I revieewed, but stuff seems to happen when you render) ...

WRAITH

I want to watch the DVD version first - my two nephews want to watch it with me (I'm the cool Uncle) - plus it will give me a second viewing for technical verses being too caught up in the story (like I was the first time with your edit - it's a great story now as you have editted it)

Looking forward to watching this tomorrow! I'll definitely post a review. The cuts seem pretty great.

I'll be watching this one soon. I have a pretty good eye and ear for technical glitches, so I'll make you know if I catch anything.

Back
Top Bottom