• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

jRVuAgk.jpg

jrWHAG42 said:
Ozrzpwy.jpg

So legally there can't be graded assignments at this time? Is that just Massachusetts, or everywhere?
(re: online classes)

It would be up to the individual districts. If your district or school has said online school is required, then you would be required to do it. If they say it's optional then you wouldn't have to do it. I'd personally just work on my past work and realize that school will most likely be called off for the year or that lots of grace will be given to each class. I know that certain states have called off state testing requirements for seniors in high school. It really depends on what the official direction for each entity is.

Gaith said:
Zamros said:
This is only day 5 of the lockdown.

8983.jpg

Not going out doesn't prevent you from being able to groom yourself.   (barring running out of certain grooming products and being unable to get to the store to get more or the store being out or closed)

Possessed said:
Well there are four adults whose very lives depend on me at my work, so I don't really think they are going to stop me from going. I could always get my groceries on the way there/back from work to cut down on trips and store them in the work fridge until I go home.

(Luckily the grocery stores round these parts sell hard liquor so I don't have to go to a dedicated liquor store ;))

My work is pretty safe though. All the people I care for have been 100% quarantined since the quarantine first started so unless they already had it before it started being here is as safe as being home.

You must have changed jobs.  Last I heard, you were working at Walmart(if I remember correctly).

Warbler said:
Gaith said:
Zamros said:
This is only day 5 of the lockdown.

8983.jpg

Not going out doesn't prevent you from being able to groom yourself.   (barring running out certain groom products and being unable to get the store to get more or the store being out or closed)

Come on Warbler, laugh at a joke once in a while.

Warbler said:
Possessed said:
Well there are four adults whose very lives depend on me at my work, so I don't really think they are going to stop me from going. I could always get my groceries on the way there/back from work to cut down on trips and store them in the work fridge until I go home.

(Luckily the grocery stores round these parts sell hard liquor so I don't have to go to a dedicated liquor store ;))

My work is pretty safe though. All the people I care for have been 100% quarantined since the quarantine first started so unless they already had it before it started being here is as safe as being home.

You must have changed jobs.  Last I heard, you were working at Walmart(if remember correctly).

Indeed.

BBC: Netflix to cut streaming quality in Europe for 30 days

I'm sure we can look forward to a 25% reduction in fees, to go along with the 25% reduction in service :D .

I've always liked the forum feature where you can put your country flag on your avatar info. It's always interesting to see what parts of the world our members are from. It would help to better understand what people are describing in this thread, if we can all see where it's happening. Just a thought.

TM2YC said:

Noooooo! At least give every user an hour or so of HD streaming per day, and then make cuts. Don't make the masses suffer just because some are streaming Friends in HD all day long, whether or not they're even paying attention! And Amazon, I hereby call on you to slash prices for what blu-ray sets you have in stock, especially TV shows! Take advantage of my vice of blu-ray collecting! (Thankfully, I at least have Westworld S2 and Star Trek: Discovery S1 on blu, and haven't started either.) :p

Edit: but, I don't own any 4k devices, and mere 1080p streams look amazing on my giant projection screen, so, if the streamers want to ditch 4k delivery and keep giving us 1080p, that's fine!

... On the serious side, I got an email from the VA this morning saying that Congress has already voted to modify GI Bill rules to maintain students' housing allowances at their current rates even if whole semesters migrate from in-person to online, thereby making me one of the lucky ones who'll enjoy government-backed financial security throughout 2020. I feel humble and grateful, and my thoughts and best wishes go out to all those feeling stressed over money matters. :-/

Possessed said:
TM2YC said:

I'm sure we can look forward to a 25% reduction in fees, to go along with the 25% reduction in service :D .

Trust me, the very second it becomes up to me you can bet your ass on that.

Streaming service workers' cooperative when? :p
TM2YC said:
I've always liked the forum feature where you can put your country flag on your avatar info. It's always interesting to see what parts of the world our members are from. It would help to better understand what people are describing in this thread, if we can all see where it's happening. Just a thought.

I'm from Britain but I live in Spain, should I change my flag or leave as is? :/

Zamros said:
Possessed said:
TM2YC said:

Trust me, the very second it becomes up to me you can bet your ass on that.

Streaming service workers' cooperative when? :p
TM2YC said:

I'm from Britain but I live in Spain, should I change my flag or leave as is? :/

Use the flag of Gibraltar ;)

Zamros said:
TM2YC said:

CW2NYJwW4AA1cwl.png

I almost always am viewing this site on my phone and you don’t see the flags (unless you hold your phone in landscape but who does that). So I was unaware of the feature. I put the German flag since that’s where I am living. Maybe someday I’ll update my avatar too.

About the Netflix capping streaming thing, to my understanding it was the government’s asking. The bandwidth was being used up too quickly, so they asked Netflix to reduce it.

Now I have myself scared because I'm showing symptoms.

jrWHAG42 said:
Curl up in bed with your favourite guilty pleasure movie, keep yourself warm and fed.

Even if you don't have the virus, it'll help you feel better.

Zamros said:
jrWHAG42 said:
Curl up in bed with your favourite guilty pleasure movie, keep yourself warm and fed.

Even if you don't have the virus, it'll help you feel better.

Watch my edits :)

I'm only joking, I hope you are okay.

Back
Top Bottom