• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Zamros said:
Curl up in bed with your favourite guilty pleasure movie, keep yourself warm and fed.

Even if you don't have the virus, it'll help you feel better.

But I watched my favorite guilty pleasures not that long ago! Actually, I have no problem watching them again...and again
The movies that I like, I REALLY like.

SonofSinbad said:
Watch my edits :)

I'm only joking, I hope you are okay.

All I have is an early version of your Spider-Man edit! You haven't sent me the latest version! What will I do??

jrWHAG42 said:
SonofSinbad said:
Watch my edits :)

I'm only joking, I hope you are okay.

All I have is an early version of your Spider-Man edit! You haven't sent me the latest version! What will I do??

Ploppity pants I haven't uploaded the new version to MEGA

Anyway I'm gonna stop talking about my edits as this thread isn't about that, I don't wanna hijack the thread Chev Chenko style.

Supermarkets here are starting to have a no cash policy. Card only!? In Germany? This is crazy!

You are very young junior. Even if you do have it you dont need to be scared, statistically you are gonna be fine. The quarantine is to make sure you dont pass it on to someone more vulnerable.

But Possesed, I live with two people in their 60s. Though, one of them is already at risk, going out in crowded Boston every day, so I shouldn't feel too bad. In any case, I'm told that people with breathing problems may be at risk, which includes me.

X73yPQX.png

jrWHAG42 said:
But Possesed, I live with two people in their 60s. Though, one of them is already at risk, going out in crowded Boston every day, so I shouldn't feel too bad. In any case, I'm told that people with breathing problems may be at risk, which includes me.

Oh... I’m sorry. :( I’m out of the loop on your living situation.

Basically, I'm living with my father, little brother, and my stepmother, as well as her parents and her brother. They're a big Italian family from Boston, living in a small New Hampshire town where there's nothing but trees. Her father goes to Boston every day to do who knows what at some club with other old guys. He's currently at the supermarket which I'm assuming is super busy. He's convinced that he's fine. Her mother is a smoker who has made no attempt to stock up on cigarettes and barely leaves the house, so I don't know what she's going to do if some kind of quarantine is enforced lol. The brother works in Boston and goes there every day, I think he helps with parking at one big building or something, so he's not actively engaging with the public.
My father works at the bank, he's actively engaging with the public, there's nothing he can really do about it.
My stepmother works from home for some insulin company, so that's harmless, and she's been asked to work over time.

That's my current situation. I've just been staying in and taking care of my little brother.

Due to the pandemic, my D&D group made a Discord server, so that's pretty cool.

I also went ahead and cut most of my hair off, leaving a cool mohawk. I like the idea of leaving for 3 weeks and then going back into school and looking completely different, like a time skip in an anime.

jrWHAG42 said:
Basically, I'm living with my father, little brother, and my stepmother, as well as her parents and her brother. They're a big Italian family from Boston, living in a small New Hampshire town where there's nothing but trees. Her father goes to Boston every day to do who knows what at some club with other old guys. He's currently at the supermarket which I'm assuming is super busy. He's convinced that he's fine. Her mother is a smoker who has made no attempt to stock up on cigarettes and barely leaves the house, so I don't know what she's going to do if some kind of quarantine is enforced lol. The brother works in Boston and goes there every day, I think he helps with parking at one big building or something, so he's not actively engaging with the public.
My father works at the bank, he's actively engaging with the public, there's nothing he can really do about it.
My stepmother works from home for some insulin company, so that's harmless, and she's been asked to work over time.

That's my current situation. I've just been staying in and taking care of my little brother.

Well maybe it will force her into quitting smoking for which she will be better off in the long run.  I hope you feel better soon.  God Bless.

Went to pick up a prescription so figured I should check the tp /paper towel / kleenex aisle just for fun.

100% bare shelves.

People are idiots.

TVs Frink said:
Went to pick up a prescription so figured I should check the tp /paper towel / kleenex aisle just for fun.

100% bare shelves.

People are idiots.

Yeah, I haven't been shopping in a few days, but last time I went out to the store, it looked a little picked over here and there, like it would if you just were shopping normally the day before they get their delivery.  You might have to buy a different cheese than you intended, but otherwise no big deal.  Then the TP aisle... it's like the zombie apocalypse struck, WTF.

I'm about to brave it again today, I guess we'll see if the status has changed.  I live pretty close to zombie apocalypse ground zero in the US.

Also, I told my mother-in-law I was going shopping today.  She looked at me like I was going into combat, likely to never come back.  Her words: Get toilet paper.  To be absolutely clear, we are already very well-supplied with toilet paper.

It's the bare shelves of milk in every big out-of-town supermarket that I can't believe I'm seeing. Do people not know that the cows have to be milked regularly, so there is presumably 100% of the same availability as there always was and zero need to panic buy it. Who is buying all this milk, why and where are they putting it all?

Maybe it's Mrs. Doyle buying it all so Pat Mustard the milkman will come round more often.

S03E03-hmC4grVJ.jpg

I guess I'm now classed as an "essential worker" (I think) so fortunately my job will keep ticking over. I feel sorry for everybody else.

TM2YC said:
Maybe it's Mrs. Doyle buying it all so Pat Mustard the milkman will come round more often.

S03E03-hmC4grVJ.jpg

I don't get this reference, but I'm giving it a Like anyway. :p

... Aaaaaand, now all of California is shut down apart from essential activities. Oy.

Welcome to the Hotel--

...er, nevermind.  I forgot about the Eagles moratorium.  I feel chastened.

Almost one week into the national lockdown, and already this video is really resonating with me:

Grocery store update.  A few days ago it was like a day before regular deliveries.  A few things out of stock.  Today it's more like they day you show up and they're doing inventory.  Distinctly missing many nontrivial things, but still overall fine.  The TP aisle is still a demilitarized zone, with no sign of restocking.

Back
Top Bottom