• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
At this point the toilet paper thing is going a circle. Everybody's all "oh shit there's toilet paper I better buy it all before somebody else comes and buys it all!" And it just goes in a circle over and over until eventually @"dahmage" comes out of hiding.

Luckily for Possessed, his local walmart started putting limits on how much of each person could buy to try and ensure everybody gets what they need. Which is great. They shouldn't have too, but since people are people. It's helping.

Although I don't envy the workers. Some of my former colleagues have told me they've had things thrown at them and all manner of other foul behavior since they started and that they wish I was still there to stick up for them. Which made me sad, but alas.

But that just kinda brings us back to TVF's very accurate statement that people are idiots.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My uncle said that he saw people physically fighting at the store earlier

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TP this, TP that... just time your daily shower until after your daily bowel movement! Problem solved. :p

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
0c4.jpg

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I dunno man.  You should see what a roll of double-ply gets you on eBay before you dismiss stockpiling as stupid.

I kid, I kid.  Profiteering is bad.  Stockpiling is stupid.

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The homeless shelter where I work seems to be operating as usual - which, to be honest, is a little unsettling. I would prefer some of the extra precautions I suggested in the emergency plan to be enforced by now, but hey, what do I know? Anyway, one dorm has become the 'isolation dorm'. Last I heard, two residents have symptoms, but I doubt they've been tested.

In more personal news, we're in the middle of selling our house. We accepted an offer a couple of weeks ago, went through the inspection OK but now we're finding it increasingly difficult to find a place to move to. The housing market is drying up. We're contemplating renting until this blows over, but rental agents aren't allowing walk-throughs of their properties! We have to contend with photos and virtual tours. I understand the need for caution but you can't expect people to plonk money down on a place they can't physically see.

If Wisconsin goes into lockdown, I don't even know whether we'll be able to move anyway. How can we move our stuff out? Movers won't be able to do it. I wouldn't be able to rent a van. We're contemplating trying to get out of this completely, as a worst case scenario - hopefully without being sued. We haven't heard back from the appraiser yet, so maybe that's our get-out clause - refuse to drop the price in line with the appraisal and walk away.

Anyway, not in a good place right now. Hope everyone is staying sane, staying safe.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
At this point the toilet paper thing is going a circle.

Well yeah, @"Possessed" , that's how toilets work.  Even in Australia.

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Didn't watch the video, but SARS (2003) was a coronavirus.  Coronavirus is a family of virii that absolutely have caused big trouble in the past.  The current one is called Covid-19.  It just spread so quickly that the world press was still calling it "the Coronavirus" before it even got its own name.  It's a bit like a town being menaced by a bear, but the people there calling it "the mammal".

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A bear, in his apartment?

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said: