• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Christopher Nolan's "Interstellar"

Dwight Fry said:
The Prestige is actually in my never ending "to maybe fanedit one day" list. There's particularly one scene in the middle of the movie that gives the whole thing away, and I always thought the movie would have been so much better, and much less obvious, without it.

+1

Was that scene during one of them reading the others journals? I think you find out about 5 or 6 minutes later that Wolverine knows Batman is reading the journal in jail. You have to remember The Prestige is almost entire two "unreliable narrators" telling each other a story. There is almost no way to discern what is real and what is them lying to each other. That scene is about 90 minutes into a 2 hour movie, I believe. I always took it as faux-misdirection. I believe that is the first scene where you start to learn it is actually scifi. That is also the scene where Tesla finds out the machine works. I would be interested in seeing how you could remove it.

We are getting substantially off topic.

wabid said:
Was that scene during one of them reading the others journals? I think you find out about 5 or 6 minutes later that Wolverine knows Batman is reading the journal in jail. You have to remember The Prestige is almost entire two "unreliable narrators" telling each other a story. There is almost no way to discern what is real and what is them lying to each other. That scene is about 90 minutes into a 2 hour movie, I believe. I always took it as faux-misdirection. I believe that is the first scene where you start to learn it is actually scifi. That is also the scene where Tesla finds out the machine works. I would be interested in seeing how you could remove it.

We are getting substantially off topic.

It's been a while so I can't remember all the details, but it's Wolverine following a cat (which has just been duplicated IIRC) and discovering all the hats.

Matt Damon joined the cast recently which makes me absurdly happy. It's only a minor role, but I hope this means he'll star in a Nolan film someday. That'd be awesome.

Anyway, he joins the (rather large and impressive) cast that includes Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, John Lithgow, Casey Affleck, Wes Bently, Topher Grace, David Oyelowo, Ellen Burstyn, and (of course) Michael Caine.

I'd like to also point out that this is being released on November 7, 2014. Right in the middle of Oscar season. If this is the film that finally gets Nolan (and science fiction for that matter) a Best Picture win, or at least some real recognition, I'd be very happy. And by very happy I mean quite nearly the happiest I've ever been. And, to be clear, I don't just blindly hope that this film wins awards. I'm hoping it's good enough to win awards. And it totally has the potential to be.

Can't wait.

Dwight Fry said:
The Prestige is actually in my never ending "to maybe fanedit one day" list. There's particularly one scene in the middle of the movie that gives the whole thing away, and I always thought the movie would have been so much better, and much less obvious, without it.

I don't want to be that guy (i.e. the guy who says he knew Bruce Willis was dead the whole time) but I figured out a key plot point super super early into the Prestige (and im proud of myself):

One of the very early scenes, when Michael Caine is on the witness stand and you see Fallon and the daughter up in the balcony looking down. I said, to myself hmmmm, that guy looks a lot like Christian Bale! Part of me wishes that Nolan used a similar trick to what they did in Troy (when you think Achilles has been killed, but it was actually his nephew or cousin in the armor), what i mean is, they should have had a no name actor dressed up and playing Fallon for 95% of the movie and then when the whole reveal comes, you have Bale playing Borden and Fallon. I'm sure I'm not the only "genius" who realized right away that Christian Bale was Fallon too. Anyway, I'll end my ramble, back to the real world where I am a regular moron :)

Gatos said:
I don't want to be that guy (i.e. the guy who says he knew Bruce Willis was dead the whole time) but I figured out a key plot point super super early into the Prestige (and im proud of myself):

One of the very early scenes, when Michael Caine is on the witness stand and you see Fallon and the daughter up in the balcony looking down. I said, to myself hmmmm, that guy looks a lot like Christian Bale! Part of me wishes that Nolan used a similar trick to what they did in Troy (when you think Achilles has been killed, but it was actually his nephew or cousin in the armor), what i mean is, they should have had a no name actor dressed up and playing Fallon for 95% of the movie and then when the whole reveal comes, you have Bale playing Borden and Fallon. I'm sure I'm not the only "genius" who realized right away that Christian Bale was Fallon too. Anyway, I'll end my ramble, back to the real world where I am a regular moron :)

If I ever get to do this edit (which, knowing me, will be on time to be able to deliver you a copy personally after travelling to your place by flying car) I'll try to address that stuff as much as the material allows.

I saw the teaser for this before The Hobbit and almost shit my pants. Saying I can't wait for this is a massive understatement.

I am still quite excited about this movie and still have high hopes for it, don't get me wrong, but that was a lame ass teaser.
It told me NOTHING about the movie. I know it is just a teaser and i shouldn't expect anything revealing, and its only purpose is to get me excited for the film, but i felt nothing after watching this. It was just a series of random scenes of humanity's achievements that half of the "humans are awesome" inspirational video mash-ups on youtube have. The voiceover was ok, but it felt nothing more than someone trying too hard to sound inspirational and hopeful. And it barely had 5 seconds of actual movie footage! I know the film is one year away but that was ridiculous. This is not suppose to be a concept trailer, it is a teaser trailer! Heck if it wasn't for Nolan's name at the end, i would have believed that this was a trailer for some random Artsy, Pretentious, Unwatchable festival film.
Again don't get me wrong. I am still very excited for this film and i believe in Nolan's skills. But that teaser was crap.
And don't give me the Nolan is too secretive argument, because Dark Knight Rises had an awesome teaser without spoiling anything of importance from the movie.

I loved the teaser for those exact reasons. I've become very much against trailers, and I try to avoid them as much as possible. The less I've seen and know about a movie before I go into it, the better. This trailer had two essential aspects: "From Christopher Nolan," and a hint as to the film's demeanor. And I'm sold on both.

DominicCobb said:
I loved the teaser for those exact reasons. I've become very much against trailers, and I try to avoid them as much as possible. The less I've seen and know about a movie before I go into it, the better. . .

Teaser trailers are one thing, nice hint of what the film might have to offer without blurting every twist or surprise or simply mimicking a 6th grade synopsis.
A full trailer, designed by a marketing twat with zero investment in the film, is pretty much the worst elements of the latter, and I avoid those.

First full-length trailer!
[video=youtube_share;zSWdZVtXT7E]

^^ Jessica Chastain, David Oyelowo and John Lithgow? Well I'm sold :).

Second full trailer!
[video=youtube_share;Lm8p5rlrSkY]
EDIT: Darn, video was made private.

So is Interstellar supposedly like Forever War?

I loved that book. If so this is going to be another mind bending ride from Nolan.

Also this may be one of the last Warner Bros/Legendary Pictures team ups since they broke up last year.

Too bad. They mad wonderful movies together.

Back
Top Bottom