• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Batman Forever: Red Book Edition - A Scaperat Fanedit - The 15th Anniversary Enhanced Edition

@Gieferg the program you suggested did not work. The frames remain broken. It doesn't happen where the VOBs switchover either, something I just wanted to check and see. The broken frames are on the raw VOBs. These errors are just randomly in the edit.
I am redownloading the edit files to see if it was an error in my download.

Example 1:

Can someone check their files of this and see if it's my download or part of the edit/upload. The timestamp for this example is 1hr.7min.23sec. into the edit.

Last edited:
Continued:

I redownloaded the VOBs and the errors are inherent to scaperat's edit, created when he compressed the edit I'm sure. I will be going forward with using the bluray source to fix these errors.

Thanks. Much appreciated. Very interested to know.

@INIGHTMARES Bad news, my friend... the glitch is there. I was hoping the issue might be due to working with the VOBs incorrectly, maybe not extracting the entire file properly... but that moment is not at the start or end of a VOB. And if my software warnings are any indication, there are three glitches of this kind all through the movie. I don't know if the issue was always there, or the currently available copy is a reupload from a damaged source. Oh, well...

@Dwight Fry Thank you for that confirmation, at least! I will be using the bluray to fix them. I've detected two. I'll find the third one.

Dude! I have been waiting for this! Awesome that you picked up the ball here!

Edit update:

Since discovering the 3 shots that have broken frames in my copy of the Red Book, confirmed by @Dwight Fry , I reached out to @Wraith and @ArtisDead , who have been around these parts a long time, to see if they had an older copy filed away deep in their catalogs.
Saint Wraith was able to not only locate his copy, but his copy does not have the broken frames!
Even though I am set back in my work progress now it is all for the best because I am now working with not only a file without bad frames but a slightly higher fidelity copy than I was originally sent.
Comparison previews will come out next week.

Just checked it out. And to think you said you weren't making any new cuts. XD

This is just a sample of comparisons. More parts next week.

Comparison Video Part 1:
- Opening Credits
- Boss Falling
- Dojo Deleted Scene

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom