• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Batman Forever: Red Book Edition - A Scaperat Fanedit - The 15th Anniversary Enhanced Edition

I am curious, why did you choose to upscale the original edit instead of rebuilding it with a Blu-ray source?
@addiesin I answered this earlier in the thread.

Most likely because the deleted scenes are not blu ray enhanced and are low quality. One fanedit of this movie had to lower the quality of everything else and created a style out of it.
With Topaz I'm able to make the deleted scenes look better and raise the whole edit's quality at the same time, to an equilibrium.

Last edited:
This is just a sample of comparisons. More parts next week.

Comparison Video Part 1:
- Opening Credits
- Boss Falling
- Dojo Deleted Scene
I like where this is going! Though I'd say in your version the Jck Napier insert goes on for a bit too long. In the original it was maybe too short, but I'd say a middle ground would be desirable.

I can definitely shorten it slightly if that is a consensus. Thanks for that. I will test this out.

I don't mind the length of the new Jack Napier insert... shorter, longer.... both work for me, though I do think it could be enhanced more with some sound effects.
A mix/blend of dramatic flashback sound effect with a more powerful breaking noise of the sparring thing.

Is it me or is the sound design for the Arkham break-out scene different from the original edit?

My comparison video doesn't showcase any breaking out of Arkham?

The ideas I have now are to:

1: Adjust Dojo Kick scene - v2
-Added smoke VFX over flashback shot
-Added breathe SFX - [adjust dB levels for v3]
-Added wood splinter SFX
-Added tree fall SFX
-Added Punch/Thud SFX
-Add gunshot SFX - [test for v3]
2: Bring flashbacks to an equilibrium
Flashback 1 starts at 43min40sec
Flashback 2 starts at at 1hr35min30sec
As you can see below Flashback 1 image has recoloring I did from blue to red, and the Flashback 2 image is from scaperat's edit (circa 2007):

full
full
-Equalize color grade as much as possible
-Add gunshot SFX to Flashback 2
-Reuse SFX to Flashback 2 from Flashback 1
3: Adjust Bat Confrontation scene
-Add low rumbling SFX - DONE
-Add wind blowing SFX
-Add heavy flapping wings SFX
I will have more comparison videos later next week.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom