• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Batman: Descent Into Mystery

I nominate this video for "Best Short Fanedit Of The Year 2012".

I have watched this three times in two weeks. Thank you again for rekindling my love of this film. Also I do believe there could enough material for a BR edit, but that is just the fanboy speaking up. ;)

So I watched the original Batman just to refresh my memory before I watched this. I avoided the cutlist before watching the edit. I have to say I like the majority of Dwight's choices here. Excellent job on the opening credits. No silly love story (why does every movie need to shoehorn in a love story?!). Drastically cut down Prince music! My only gripe was the cutting of "Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight" but i don't miss it, i just didn't mind that in the original.

I'll have to look over the cutlist to see what changes I didn't notice, the editing was seamless so I'm sure I missed some things.

Overall an excellent firstling. Audio and video quality was good and you clearly accomplished your goals with the edit. Nice work Dwight!

Thanks a lot, Gatos! So glad you liked it. :)

The "dance with the devil" stuff was linked to one aspect of the relationship between Batman and Joker that's not present in my version, so it had to go. I don't mind the line by itself, it's kind of iconic even, but it could not be.

Dwight Fry said:
Thanks a lot, Gatos! So glad you liked it. :)

The "dance with the devil" stuff was linked to one aspect of the relationship between Batman and Joker that's not present in my version, so it had to go. I don't mind the line by itself, it's kind of iconic even, but it could not be.

Yep, i realized after I wrote my review why you cut it out.

Just submitted my ratings and review. It said 'Thank you for your submission. It will be published once it is verified.'

"Hey, it's me!" - Han Solo and Ripplin ;)

Thanks a lot, Ripplin! Now it's a matter of waiting until one of our lazy-a... I mean, one of our hard-working IFDB admins updates it.

"One of"? You mean there's more than one?

We are IFDB admins. We are legion. We do not forgive. We do not update.

Thanks for the review and rating, Fanedit! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. :)

As for your nitpicks: I know what you mean about the hand thing, but in this particular case it doesn't bother me as it's a highly stylized movie. Plus, it would feel like something is incomplete if I cut suddenly to Jack getting surgery without establishing that he survived what seemed a sure, and very toxic, death. As for the wallet line, its removal was actually a request. I didn't have strong feelings one way or the other, so I cut it.

This site should keep stats like in baseball. You get one in the 'save' column for this edit. This film is back on my watchlist thanks to this edit.

I was thinking about this edit today and I thought of a goofy idea. It came to me from seeing your DVD cover which incorporates the cover of the comic adaptation of the film and my comment that this edit was like reading a comic.

Anyway, my thought was that I was wondering if someone could take the comic adaptation and edit it so that the storyline matches the new storyline of BDiM. You could offer it as "bonus material" or something. I've never heard of comic book fanedits so this could be a first.

Well, he'd have to translate his copy first. ;)

I do have scans of the original version. They're just not as hi-res as the ones I made for the DVD cover.

It would certainly be an interesting concept. Actually, a few things I did in the edit match how those events unfold in the comic. On the other hand, some elements in the comic are for the much worse. Batman is quite a bit more talkative in it, and I wouldn't want, say, my favorite scene of the movie, which is the ride to the Batcave and which I named the edit after, to include lines like "Don't worry, miss Vale, it's just a hologram".

lol, Batman Olie.

A couple of pages for your amusement:

batmanthemovie0132.jpg

batmanthemovie0133.jpg

Back
Top Bottom