• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Batman: Descent Into Mystery

"It's not real stone, Ms. Vale. It's a hologram." "I'm glad."

Brilliant writing.

Want brilliant writing?

stillabetterlovestoryth.jpg

"I'm glad" might be the worst of all of it. Doesn't that just scream terror?!

The thing is, the adaptation was written by Denny O'Neil, which is one of my favorite comic book writers. Either he phoned in this one, or he was sticking to some early cut of the movie that was very thankfully reshaped. I'm glad.

Now we should search Kim Basinger's filmography to see if she ever said the line "I'm glad" in any of her movies, then get Frink to work the line somewhere into one of the Ridiculous SW edits.

OOFFFF!!! disregard on the comic edit. I've never read the adaptation, but what I see here would be hard to save. Of course you could just white out the word bubbles and write your own dialog throughout.

Oh, it's not that bad overall, it's pretty decent and I love the art. It only happens to have a few howlers along the way, the worst of which are the ones I have posted.

Thanks, njvc, for the great review, and glad that you didn't completely hate my version despite your attachment to the original. It's all a matter of personal taste, one person's "intelligent, mysterious and dark" is another person's insecure nerd, so overall all visions and opinions are valid. And thanks to Blueyoda for letting me include his amazing The Killing Joke here! :)

Far from hating it, I thought it was really well edited. You are a talented man Mr Dwight. I'm well aware that emotional attachment to the original was a problem in me fully engaging in your vision for the movie, but thought it was probably worth sharing that reaction anyway. I've got your scrooge edit ready to go now too, so looking forward to that one as well :)

I just finished downloading this and I need the unrar password. It's not on Fanedit info and it wasn't in the dlc. If someone could provide that for me I would greatly appreciate it. :)

seems like there is another batman fanedit out there

[video=youtube_share;m6gVRXD_r1o]
go to around the 3:10 mark ;-)

♫ Red hot comic book movie news shooting up your butthole, the weekly planet, the weekly planet ♫

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom