• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Batman and Robin: Deep Freeze (Yes, THAT Batman and Robin)

I purposefully chose to keep that one. He actually says it earlier to the frozen guards, but I felt it added a quick tension because he has the gun on Batman before Robin bursts in to save him.

It's one of the least awful ones, for sure. And if you have to have one, an Eugene O'Neill reference is about the best you can get.

Anyways, the preview was fantastic.

Yay! Thank you!

Anyways, the preview was fantastic. The one thing I'd like to suggest, when Mr. Freeze is freezing the guards, it cuts back and forth between him freezing them, and a shot of his face zooming in. But they do the zooming shot of his face a few too many times, it feels very "extra". I propose cutting it down to like, one cutaway to his face rather than four (or however many it is, I'm not looking at the clip right now). I remember that being a big moment that stuck out to me when I messed around with editing the movie a while back, I can't explain why the cutting back and forth annoys me so much.

Surprisingly I actually did cut one of the additional cutaways between the guards and Freeze lol! I'll look at it again and see if cutting the additional back and forth helps or makes it feel too short or jarring. Should be an easy 1-2-3 if it works.

UPDATE: Yeah, wow that was really jarring how many times they cut back and forth between Freeze freezing the guards and a pan into his face. Now, Freeze begins freezing them and then it just cuts to each guard being frozen and then the last shot is on Freeze when he stops the gun. Nice catch!

One other minor thing actually, when Batman and Robin are knocked to the ground, they look at eachother and I believe it's at that point in the original movie where they then click their heels together to pop out the ice skates. Here the look at eachother for no reason, and it felt a bit awkward. Maybe it's fine and it only stuck out to me because I'm so familiar with the original.

Good catch! I initially cut it, but I put it back in because I felt like it gave them a moment to look like "oh crap there are a lot of these bad guys here" or to help show they are a bit overwhelmed before they get up and decide to split up with Robin going after the diamond and Batman going after Freeze. If anything, I was going to add some heavy breathing from them. I tried to not be too cut heavy with this scene because there was already SO much that got cut.

Last edited:
Love that poster. It looks better now. I think you may make this worth watching. Any chance that you could replace Clooney with...well anyone besides Mike Myers, really.

Love that poster. It looks better now.
Thanks for your help with the gallery!

Any chance that you could replace Clooney with...well anyone besides Mike Myers, really.
Ha! I’ll take Clooney over O’Donnell. I never liked his casting from day one. Clooney just plays Clooney, but Chris is a terrible actor.

Gotta say, I LOVE THIS!

What a bold, ambitious and unexpected fan edit idea! Many have tried to make BATMAN FOREVER more "serious", but BATMAN & ROBIN?!!??
Who'd have thunk it?
MusicEd, that's who!!!

Finally watched you preview, and wowzers, the Black & White conversion looks much better than expected. Lots of nice levels, little loss details.
The Gotham cityscape looks amazing.

Have you considered, either having your MusicEd logo or Warner Brothers logo, start in Colour but then fade into Black & White?

Really enjoyed the new opening credits. Though I think a different Font might look slightly better, something a bit more...I dunno... gothic... lol.
I would suggest maybe Copperplate Gothic Bold?

As others have pointed out, I think there needs to be more Batmobile sound effects, particularly as it travels out through the Cave.

Absolutely loved the new music!

Considering the source material, you have created a very entertaining and engaging opening.
Looking forward to seeing more. :)

Last edited:
I wouldn't use Copperplate, to me it feels overused and not particularly Gothic looking. If anything, I might consider trying Trajan Bold with a bit of kerning (as it is similar to the font used for the cover of the Arkham City game so it would work as a nod to the score's source).

full

While I do like my Noir font, I'm open to other ideas. Here are the 2 suggestions from @bionicbob and @Dwight Fry

Either way you decide to go, I always recommend adding a tiny little bit of a gaussian blur to credits texts, particularly for older movies, so they look more optically printed and less digitally created. A really small amount is all one needs in most cases (for instance, the ones I did for Child's Play had 0,0005 values).

Of the two, I have to admit, TRAJAN looks way better.

But honestly, if you are happy with your NOIR Font, I say keep it. Be true to you, my friend. 😊 (y)

Either way you decide to go, I always recommend adding a tiny little bit of a gaussian blur to credits texts, particularly for older movies, so they look more optically printed and less digitally created. A really small amount is all one needs in most cases (for instance, the ones I did for Child's Play had 0,0005 values).
Definitely! I did it for the first few on the preview, but I forgot to add it to the rest. I learned from my Ladyhawke edit what a difference it can make. I typically add a light Gaussian blur and a little film grain

Slight update!

I've been down and out this last week. Our 1 year old had a stomach virus which he then lovingly gave to me while I took care of his this week. I'm MUCH better now and my first order of business once the family was out of the house for the day (my school is on spring break) is to get back to work on this.

*The font has been replaced with the Trajan font and all of the new titles have the gaussian blur and film grain added.
*I also cut back on the excessive shots of Freeze while he was freezing the guards and it worked well enough that I didn't need to alter the music.
*Cut Dick saying "that's gotta hurt" after watching the video of Freeze falling into the chemicals. That was already dumb in '97.
*After Dick says "are we gonna catch ourselves a snowman", Bruce responds with ordering him to spend 10 hours in the simulator and then we cut to Alfred giving a disapproving look before going to the next scene. No argument.
*Did a little music change when Bruce is having the vision of Alfred helping him when he fell in the hallway. This was to hide the Goldenthal Batman theme.
*Next scene is Freeze and the singalong......well, not anymore. We see the establishing shot of the snow cone factory and then we see Freeze walk into the walk in freezer to see his wife. There was no reason for the other stuff and I want Freeze's motives to look like everything he does is for his wife, not the misguided taking over of Gotham which makes sense later when he thinks she's dead.
*Barbara arriving is all the same
*Ivy shows up at the observatory and I was able to cut around the mention of John Glover's mad scientist character and the fact that the lab burned down. I am actually quite happy and surprised how well the cut turned out so now Ivy says she already works for Wayne and mentions she's from South Africa to which he replies that he had cut funding due to a difference in ideologies and then she right away starts in on her proposal for her nonsensical ideas. It's quite clean and fits like a glove.
*Freeze and the home movies.....well you can assume I cut him freezing his henchman for "talking during the movie". It's hard to explain this, but I tried to cut it so that not only is he sad about his wife, but he is feeling remorse for what he has done and what he is about to do and the scene ends with him saying "just one more diamond"
*From the start of the party until Ivy arrives, nothing has been cut, including her risque entrance. There's really not much I can do with that.
*She now introduces herself as "Poison Ivy", not "Poison, Poison Ivy" as if she isn't sure or she's James Bond.

Most of the fight scene has a clean enough center channel that it'll be a lot of just adding music and tweaking sound effects.

I decided the chase scene will include Batman disabling Robin's bike. Their argument is 2/3 gone. I'm trying to focus it more on Bruce's fears and not just they are having trouble working together or trusting. A scene of Bruce outwardly saying something like "I'm scared to lose this family" would've done wonders for their arc in this movie than more of them bickering like in Forever.

Anyway, that's it for now. No clips yet for this update, but there will be more in the future.

Sounds good! Too bad there is no possibility to cut around Ivy's, uh, monkey business, but we have to work with what we have...

This sounds like an interesting project, speaking as one who has never watched Batman & Robin.

It reminds me a little of this project from years ago which was unfortunately never completed.

It reminds me a little of this project from years ago which was unfortunately never completed.

Wow, that was a blast from the past. I super vaguely remember that!

This sounds like an interesting project, speaking as one who has never watched Batman & Robin.

I hope that when this project is completed, you'll consider giving Batman & Robin a shot (or at the very least check out my edit).

That's nothing. There was also this idea from all the way back in 2009.
That's an older project I wasn't aware of, but for me it's only marginally more appealing to me than regular Batman & Robin, which currently sits somewhere between "No thanks, I'm good" and "Hard pass" in terms of my desire to view it.

Whereas Winter Sonata in particular seemed to be trying to make something quite different and a lot better (or at least more appealing to me) than the original film. I think MusicEd921's edit so far is on a similar trajectory, which is what has my interest :)

Little update!

Here is Ivy's first appearance and Freeze watching the home videos and sadly contemplating his situation. I cut around the mention of John Glover's mad scientist so it appears Wayne had cut funding due to a difference in ideologies and then Ivy starts her mad ranting. I also cut out her monologue to herself (which is actually with guards standing RIGHT next to her). For Freeze, well, he doesn't freeze his henchman for interrupting the movie and I moved a shot of the newspaper showing Wayne with the diamond so it looks like he's holding it while watching the home movies. No frozen tear drop by the way! Forgot I cut that. Also, the establishing shot of the snow cone factory is from earlier, just reversed and I added a faint siren in the background.

Password: fanedit.org

Looking good! All the Ivy cuts were seamless to my eye and ear. Though I thought maybe the odd background camera flash could be louder?

The music cues during the Mr Freeze scenes really help sell the cuts. Well done.

I thought maybe the odd background camera flash could be louder?
Hmm during Ivy’s part? Could you give me a time stamp so I could focus on that?

Edit: Ah I see what you mean. That’s a great idea to beef those up! The volume of those wasn’t from me tinkering with the channels since I didn’t do anything during that part, so I can’t take blame for it, but I’ll take credit for fixing it lol!

Last edited:
Happened to me quite a few times as well, having flaws in my edits pointed out that were like that in the original to begin with. Regardless, excellent work in that clip!

Back
Top Bottom