• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Batman and Robin: Deep Freeze (Yes, THAT Batman and Robin)

Nice, I was almost worried that work had completely stopped. I’m glad I was wrong, can’t wait to see the trailer and eventually the edit!

Introducing Batgirl's theme:

Parts of it will play after Barbara makes her way down to the Batcave and then the full force of the music is what is used with her one-on-one with Ivy. I like that it has a bit of CW's Flash vibe in there with what the cello sounds are playing. This is really her biggest moment in the movie, so I wanted something that felt epic enough to still fit with the other music that is being used.

Ivy's Lair and Batgirl's first appearance.

-New music as Robin arrives
-Ivy and Robin's banter cut down significantly
-Cut Ivy's line "so many people to kill, so little time"
-Batgirl arrives as does her theme
-Cut almost all of the Ivy/Batgirl exchanges. It was just so bad. I kept important line about Freeze's wife as we know it comes up later
-Due to cutting a lot of their exchange, I slow mo'd a shot of Batgirl so we can get a good look at her
-Cut a really awful shot of Robin coming up for air and then going back down as it was actually reveres within the same frame. I couldn't believe they actually left that in.
-The dialogue between Batman, Robin and Batgirl runs differently. Batman asks who she is, she says Barbara, he says I know and then she responds with Batgirl.
-Changed the music here to be the opening music from the start of the edit (Arkham City main theme)

Password: fanedit.org

Ivy's Lair and Batgirl's first appearance.

-New music as Robin arrives
-Ivy and Robin's banter cut down significantly
-Cut Ivy's line "so many people to kill, so little time"
-Batgirl arrives as does her theme
-Cut almost all of the Ivy/Batgirl exchanges. It was just so bad. I kept important line about Freeze's wife as we know it comes up later
-Due to cutting a lot of their exchange, I slow mo'd a shot of Batgirl so we can get a good look at her
-Cut a really awful shot of Robin coming up for air and then going back down as it was actually reveres within the same frame. I couldn't believe they actually left that in.
-The dialogue between Batman, Robin and Batgirl runs differently. Batman asks who she is, she says Barbara, he says I know and then she responds with Batgirl.
-Changed the music here to be the opening music from the start of the edit (Arkham City main theme)

Looks great, MusicEd! I suppose my only nitpick would be that Ivy's final close-up seems needless for some reason, but I'm not sure that shot can be cut out. Everything else, however, is in good shape! (y)

Something I just noticed that for some reason I missed the 100 times I looked at it beforehand was that Ivy’s knife pops out after she takes it out of her boot. I’ll fix that on the final cut!

Looking good! I am still impressed by how great this movie looks in black and white. Also your version of Batgirl vs. Ivy is working really well.

A couple thoughts: 1) The whipcracks sound a bit old compared to the rest of the sfx, and 2) Any chance of you keeping Poison Ivy shouting “curses!” right before the plant closes on her? I always liked that line, it’s campy in a fun way.

Looking good! I am still impressed by how great this movie looks in black and white. Also your version of Batgirl vs. Ivy is working really well.

A couple thoughts: 1) The whipcracks sound a bit old compared to the rest of the sfx, and 2) Any chance of you keeping Poison Ivy shouting “curses!” right before the plant closes on her? I always liked that line, it’s campy in a fun way.
Thank you!!!! I’ll look into the whip sfx. I can see (or hear) what you mean. Appreciate the suggestion!

Unfortunately, I’m trying to minimize as much of the camp as possible and Ivy had A LOT of it with the hammy performance (no shade on Uma, it’s Joel’s directing). I’m going to be leaving the line cut. Sorry!

Good stuff yet again! Best this movie has ever felt! Only two suggestions:

Is it possible to change that over the top "ta-daaaaaaa" when Ivy's leaves open to reveal her, with some other bit of music? It's too cheesy, feels out of a variety show.

And, the crossfade from the Arkham theme (which gave me goosebumps yet again) to the next piece of music as Freeze operates the controls felt a bit artificial to me. I wonder if a more natural transition could be achievable.

Good stuff yet again! Best this movie has ever felt! Only two suggestions:

Is it possible to change that over the top "ta-daaaaaaa" when Ivy's leaves open to reveal her, with some other bit of music? It's too cheesy, feels out of a variety show.

And, the crossfade from the Arkham theme (which gave me goosebumps yet again) to the next piece of music as Freeze operates the controls felt a bit artificial to me. I wonder if a more natural transition could be achievable.
I’m so glad you pointed out the “ta da” music because I was really on the fence about how that felt. Consider it gone! I’ll look for something more creepy and menacing.

Also, thank you for mentioning that music transition doesn’t quite work. This was another spot that I felt like I wasn’t quite sure if it worked or not. I’ll mess around with it.

How did you manage to make the whole film B&W without extensive colour correction?

I don't know what program MusicEd used for this edit, but I do my magic on DaVinci Resolve, which can acheive B&W rather easily by either checkboxing monochrome in the RGB Mixer section, or by adjusting the saturation dial all the way to 0 in the secondary color wheels. After that, it's all a matter of playing with the contrast controls and/or working with the RGB Mixer controls until the effect looks just right!

While the edit is now being previewed, here is the trailer I had promised.

I like the atmosphere you're aiming for, but I still feel the movie itself is way too jaunty to really 'fit' the mood if you know what I mean. Still, that's certainly nothing you can help.

I like the atmosphere you're aiming for, but I still feel the movie itself is way too jaunty to really 'fit' the mood if you know what I mean. Still, that's certainly nothing you can help.
What it comes down to is I’m really just trying to find a middle ground between ‘66 Batman and The Batman, so somewhere around The Animated Series. The dialogue is still crap, but there’s less of the cringe. I think once you a viewer gets past the initial decision for the black and white, they’ll let some of the new music take the wheel and help usher in a new feeling when watching it. If anything, I tried to be more respectful to the characters.

Interesting trailer music. I am looking forward to previewing this and seeing how it turns out.

I was definitely going for something different than what I would’ve normally done when making a trailer. Arrangements of pop songs seems to be a trend lately, so I figured why not lol?!

Last edited:
A BIG thank you to @Dwight Fry for giving this a preview. The necessary suggestions have been implemented and at 84 minutes, this edit is ready to go!

Uploading now and will have an IFDB listing worked on either tonight or tomorrow.

I really hope that you enjoy what I was able to salvage from this movie.

THANK YOU @bionicbob for your review! I’m glad you enjoyed my reimagining of this cheesy movie. Now we just need someone to go the opposite route and go full Adam West on it!

Back
Top Bottom