• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Arrow

I have not made up my mind on the Flash suit yet....LOL!

Will wait to see what it looks like on film with the proper lighting and fx, but right now not 100% loving it. Definitely not as instantly iconic as the 1990 series suit, though I am glad this one is not made of velvet looking material. I always thought the Flash might be the one superhero who might be able to pull off a modern spandex look onscreen.... something closer to the Olympic speed skater or track suits you see now days, as he needs to look lean, agile, built for high velocity.... At least Grant Gustin has the right physique for the role, as I always felt John Wesley Shipp was miscast as Barry Allen, far too big and muscular for the Scarlet Speedster.

As I said, I have to wait and see the final product, but for right now, I am thanking the Comic Gods that the costume is NOT a red hoodie and sunglasses.... LOL.

Here's a better look at it in the light.

flash4-600x445__span.jpg

I expect a cheesy 80s/90s song and Executive Producer credits to appear shortly

It's an upgrade from Smallville, but the suit's not bright enough and the clunky armor doesn't come across as speed friendly. Then again, the show might be good. As long as it can make the audience feel the same sense of childlike joy that
Marvel films do. Here's an artist representation of what I'm hoping to feel.

original.jpg

The suit is definitely more faithful than I expected, though it seems be based on the current nu52 version than the classic suit. And considering how fast this pilot project came together, designers did a pretty decent job. I expect if the pilot is picked up for series the suit will get some tweaks and refinements.

Another great episode!

Loved the Harley Quinn cameo!

After the episode ended, I went down to our crawl space storage and dug out my prized Suicide Squad collection from the late 80s and 90s. John Ostrander is one of the great all time comic book writers and his run on SS is classic must reading.

Next....Birds of Prey...sorta....

I'd been hearing good things about this for a while, so I suggested to my wife that we check out the pilot. That was a few weeks ago, and we've now caught up all the way, aided by me having been unable to work for a while due to a car accident (which is also why I suddenly have a little time to post here again -- hi, everyone!).

Such a good show! I agree that there are very, very few wrong notes in this. I also love how they are constantly referencing the history of the characters and the company while reimagining them (I'm not familiar with the New 52, so I'm unsure how much of that was done before and just incorporated into the show). Everything from Officer Lance's squad car/call sign being DC-52 to one of the paintings at the Queen mansion being by a 19th Century painter named "Curtis Swan." I love how my wife, who doesn't know the characters, can enjoy it with entirely fresh eyes and I, who know many of them, can constantly be surprised too.

Manu Bennett plays so many different layers of Slade/Deathstroke, and he just gets more interesting with each episode. It's actually made me dig out my copy of The New Teen Titans #2, his first appearance, which also features "H.I.V.E.," whom Diggle now knows about too. Sadly, I'm also selling this and other valuable comics from my collection on eBay to help pay the bills while I am away from work, but it's been great to see that the characters who enthralled me when I was 12-13 still can do so at 40.

I also have tremendous respect for Stephen Amell and now Caity Lotz, who have both the acting chops to hold their own against established actors like Colin Salmon and Paul Blackthorne and the physicality to not only look the part but actually do most of their own stunts (I've read that Amell does about 75% of his, and Lotz may well do all of her own, since she is a stuntwoman as well as an actress).

My one regret? Now that I am caught up, I have to wait until next week to find out what happens next! :lol:

Dude! Hope you're all right.

"Suicide Squad" was pretty good, though the Waller actress is rather meh - I do really wish they'd gone with a more traditional, older woman, and this is my first expose to the character. How is someone so young so high up in the ol' in-charge department?

And though I got nothing against the island flashbacks, it's nice to have a break from 'em.

Thanks, Gaith! Pretty far from all right at the moment; could definitely use some of Yao Fe's secret herbs and spices...but at least they don't have me doing the salmon ladder in physical therapy ;-)

I just read an article the other day about Waller and how the creator of the character is kind of disappointed that they went with someone who is conventionally young and hot-looking, when part of the point of the character was that she was so unconventional for a comic character. Still, the same article showed that the actress who plays Waller looks a lot like the "reimagined" version from New 52.

It has almost turned into a game my wife and I play to see who in Starling City doesn't have perfect abs. I think we've found only three so far: a hulking henchman who was quickly dispatched, Robert Queen (good, but not perfect shape), and the always curvy Alex Kingston as Dinah...even Felicity is, as you pointed out, the hottest hacker there is...I guess the sculpted look is the concession they make to being on the CW...:)

Wow! These last few episodes have been awesome.
And last night's ending !!!!!

I love how this show has evolved in two seasons, blending in classic comic elements with fresh twists....

--Ollie losing his fortune
--So is the baby Connor?
--What will the consequences be of Roy killing a police officer?
--You just know Malcom Merlyn will be returning soon, he will return to avenge Moira?

So it feels like the Island subplot may be wrapping up.... at least I hope so. I idea of Ollie having adventures with other for the entire 5 years kind of bothers me.... though they still have to resolve the Russian storyline of his new origin.

It might be interesting if in season 3, they had flash forwards.... let's see Green Arrow having an adventure 5 years in the future, seeing the hero he will become, interacting with other superheroes... ie. the Justice League.

Yeah no that ending had me sitting in shock just staring at the screen for a good minute. I haven't been that surprised by something in a long time.

Holy Action Packed Episode!!!! And it wasn't even the finale?!?!?!!!!!

This show has consistently delivered the goods all season long. Excellent entertainment! I love this show!!!

Only one episode remains....

Great hero team shot at the 12 second mark!

So we have Arrow, Arsenal(Roy), Canary, Nyssa, a few LoA peeps, and hopefully that one on the left is the Dark Archer. Gonna be so great.

In regards to Roy, do you think they will go with the Arsenal code name?

If Thea bites the dust, I could see him taking the name Speedy in her honor. And I guess it is too early in the game to go with Red Arrow... lol

If they aren't gonna call Ollie Green Arrow then I don't see them using the name Red Arrow. Thea won't be dying anytime soon(crosses fingers), so I can't really see Roy being called Speedy, though I don't know yet why he would be called Arsenal either.

I believe I read in an interview that the producers view Ollie's evolution into GREEN Arrow over a progression of 3 seasons. Season One he is the Hood. Season Two he is the Arrow. By the end of season three....? Season two is sort of the transition season, slowing introducing more classic comic book fantasy elements. In season three, there will be more super-villains, super-powers and masks. I will try to find the interview and post it. I think it was on Screenrant about a month or so ago....

As for Thea.... well, one thing this show has proven, no one is really safe. Though, Ollie already called Roy Speedy once to snap him out of his rage. Maybe Roy will just adopt the name?

Maybe.

I wouldn't put it past them to eventually kill Thea. But please, not for a long time. We just lost Moira, and yah she wasn't my fave, but right in front of her kids. :(

And FLASH has been given a go. Woooo!

Now that was a FRAKKING BRILLIANT season finale!!!

The perfect balance of action, soap, comic book lore and story payoff! 10 out of 10 for me!

As excited as I am for the new FLASH series, I really want a SUICIDE SQUAD spin-off featuring Deathstroke and Deadshot!

That all said, gotta say I absolutely LOVED this teaser....

Damn, aside from the costumes and the lyrics ruining the music that was playing, that teaser was surprisingly not awful.

Nic said:
Damn, aside from the costumes and the lyrics ruining the music that was playing, that teaser was surprisingly not awful.

Yeah I thought the music was pretty terrible and I'm not really digging his costume all that much. Still excited to see where this show goes. Hopefully it doesn't turn out like the Once Upon a Time in Wonderland spinoff.

Back
Top Bottom