• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Animation Consecution (NOW LIVE)

When should the deadline be?

• Late May

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mid June

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Mid July

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Mid August

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .
I recently picked up a couple of new animated films so am hoping this will generate new ideas...

Good news: I finished my "Consecution".

Bad news: it's 35 minutes long.

Can it be cut down? Yes.
Can it be cut down to 15min? Probably not.

My second attempt as well. I guess I'm thinking too large scale with these things.

I finally finished watching Phantom Boy, and have a notion I can create one "proper" short from it, and possibly even a second joke short (possibly using part of a scene from A Cat In Paris).

Anyone else interested in maybe putting something together for this over the holiday break?

Funny. I was literally just thinking about the Animation Consecution. I'd still absolutely love to do something for this, though it probably won't get done unless I have a deadline. I also doubt I can do much till January. 

While we're on topic, would Disney's Dinosaur count? CG animation, but utilises real backdrops.

As soon as I get my disc drive, I'll finally start editing stuff, and I will definitely try to put something together for this.

The Scribbling Man said:
Funny. I was literally just thinking about the Animation Consecution. I'd still absolutely love to do something for this, though it probably won't get done unless I have a deadline. I also doubt I can do much till January. 

While we're on topic, would Disney's Dinosaur count? CG animation, but utilises real backdrops.

I don't see why not, myself. If it's primarily animation of some sort, I think it should count.

After more than two years..the consecution is back up and running?  :)

Any ideas for a possible deadline? What would be most convenient for most people? I'm thinking sometime around early March.

I've already finished two shorts for this, I'm just waiting on a response for the second.

The second is a Fullmetal Alchemist short focusing on the Ishvalan War. It's sourced mostly from the Brotherhood OVA as well as the flashback episode. I used the english dub since that was available in 5.1, meaning I was able to do more soundtrack work, drawing from both the Brotherhood and 2003 OSTs.

If anyone's at all interested in previewing that, feel free to message me and I'll be happy to link it to you.

theryaney said:
After more than two years..the consecution is back up and running?  :)

Any ideas for a possible deadline? What would be most convenient for most people? I'm thinking sometime around early March.

Early March sounds good - enough time for any new contributors to get at least a draft version ready, but not so far away as to lose momentum.

I'm happy to do some or all of the DVD authoring for this if that helps. (I can try Blu-ray authoring as well, though I've not done it before so might be a bit slower...)

Mr. Blue said:
I've already finished two shorts for this, I'm just waiting on a response for the second.

The second is a Fullmetal Alchemist short focusing on the Ishvalan War. It's sourced mostly from the Brotherhood OVA as well as the flashback episode. I used the english dub since that was available in 5.1, meaning I was able to do more soundtrack work, drawing from both the Brotherhood and 2003 OSTs.

If anyone's at all interested in previewing that, feel free to message me and I'll be happy to link it to you.

I'd be happy to preview that. As a complete newbie to FMA I can at least give you an idea of how it lands for viewers who don't know any of the source material :)

Right, a few hours of working on a first draft have me pretty confident I can get at least 1 short out of Phantom Boy. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that both English and French audio is available in 5.1 so I should be able to provide a choice of audio track (and English subtitles to go with the French audio, if requierd). The audio work will probably take longer than the video, but I'm happy enough with what I've got that the next step is to prepare my sources properly rather than the rough & ready m2v file I used for today's effort.

That One Guy said:
Early March sounds good - enough time for any new contributors to get at least a draft version ready, but not so far away as to lose momentum.

Okay then, the deadline is March 1st, 2020.

That One Guy said:
I'm happy to do some or all of the DVD authoring for this if that helps. (I can try Blu-ray authoring as well, though I've not done it before so might be a bit slower...)

Thanks, that's great!

I submitted a short for this a year and half ago. Glad to see the project is back on track.

Adabisi said:
I submitted a short for this a year and half ago. Glad to see the project is back on track.

Same here, hope to see this soon!

How many do we need completed to make this happen? And is it possible to have the OP updated to keep track of edits that have been submitted?

By my count 5 are done and approved, another is waiting approval/previewing, 3 more (at least) in progress, and 1 bonus edit that's too long but could maybe go on a bonus disc.

6 would be an acceptable (though perhaps disappointing) minimum count to include, IMO. 9 or 10 would be much better.

Looks like 10 is achievable. I'm going to see if I can get two done, but we'll see.

If I can get my Phantom Boy edit done in a reasonable time, I have an idea for a much sillier short that I'd like to follow it up with, if the pieces fit together like I hope...

I'm not sure what to do for mine. I don't own a whole lot of animated stuff on dvd that I can think of. I'll come up with some ideas when I get home.

jrWHAG42 said:
I'm not sure what to do for mine. I don't own a whole lot of animated stuff on dvd that I can think of. I'll come up with some ideas when I get home.

If you're open to suggestions you could share a list of the animated dvds you own - maybe one of us will be able to inspire you :)

Well, I'll have to check when I get home, I can't remember everything.
Off the top of my head...
Clerks the animated series
The Critic (full series)
Transformers Gen 1 (full series including movie)
Batman The Animated Series (full series including all the movies)
The Batman Superman Movie (which is just a couple of episodes of Superman TAS)
Ninja Turtles (full 80s series)
.hack//SIGN (will be getting soon)
Adventure Time - Stakes
Hellboy (both animated movies)
And then I definitely have more that I can't remember.
I do have more animated stuff than I realized, though it is also worth noting that I don't necessarily know where all of it is.

Back
Top Bottom