• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Animation Consecution (NOW LIVE)

When should the deadline be?

• Late May

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mid June

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Mid July

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Mid August

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry, jrWHAG42, I've been trying to come up with ideas based on the stuff you posted, but nothing's come to mind so far :(

In terms of my stuff - I have most of the video editing done for my Phantom Boy short, and now have the significantly more tedious audio to do. At least both French and English audio tracks are surround mixes with pretty good dialogue isolation.

If that goes quickly I'll be trying a gag short from Phantom Boy, and possibly a Samurai Jack short if I get time.

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Having spent most of the holidays away or entertaining visitors, I'm pleasantly surprised that I have a first draft of my edit finished. The audio mix is finicky and I'm expecting to need to do at least one more pass on that, but narratively speaking I think it's all there. Runtime should be around 14m 25s, and the title is "Leo, l'enfant fantôme". Hopefully I'll have something to share within the next week or so.

Has anyone else had a productive holiday season far as this Consecution goes?

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've got a busy month ahead and I can't see myself doing much until I sort a new computer :( but I remain optimistic.

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Work has been ridiculous the last few weeks so I've not been around the forums, but I have my Phantom Boy edit complete. With dual audio and English subtitles to boot!

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh shit, March 1st is soon. I have next week off, I will make my short then. It will be standard definition, heads up.
Still unsure of what to do, but I'll figure it out.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh heck! I think I have an old stop motion animation or two from elementary school. They aren't great, but perhaps I could edit one of them to make something watchable.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looking through more DVDs
Season 1 of The Tick
All of Sealab 2021
Turtles Forever
Best of He-Man season 1
Sgt. Frog volume 1
A whole lot of Bleach (I'm not sure if it's the whole series)
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters (and deleted movie bonus disc)
The first disc of the first season of ATHF
All of the Studio Ghibl movies before and including Ponyo
Plenty of Disney movies
Spectacular Spider-Man (not sure how much of it)
Dark Knight Returns parts 1 and 2
Your Name
The Last Unicorn
2008 Clone Wars movie

I still haven't come up with any solid ideas. I have all week to churn something out.
I'm determined to contribute to this.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm pulling out of this. Of my week off, today seems to be the only free day I have, and I still don't have a solid idea. I wouldn't possibly have the time to make something for this. My apologies.

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
I'm pulling out of this. Of my week off, today seems to be the only free day I have, and I still don't have a solid idea. I wouldn't possibly have the time to make something for this. My apologies.

Hey, sometimes things just don't come together.

I've been lucky that the deadlines ran long for this one, I spent over 6 months trying to make something based on The Illusionist and it went nowhere. Just the way it goes.

I've decided to give up while I'm ahead and not try to finish my "joke" edit - it was going to be called "Barking Bad" and follow the journey of Rufus the dog (actually two dogs with the same appearance and name in A Cat In Paris & Phantom Boy) as he goes from being a household pet with a bad temper to a member of a criminal gang and ultimately...a killer? It was working out to be too complicated because of all the plot gubbins around the criminal gang in Phantom Boy, so it goes to the Graveyard Of Unfinished Ideas.

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Right, my fellow editors, we're almost at the deadline so I figure it's worth doing another tally of the project status:

Completed/submitted edits under the 15-min runtime:
  • Flight of the Raider (Mr Blue)
  • Victor & Sparky (jswert123456)
  • The Red Turtle (theryaney)
  • Toy Story (Masirimso17)
  • Brendan & The Book Of Kells (That One Guy)
  • The Gods Of War (Mr Blue)
  • Leo, L'Enfant Fantome (That One Guy)
  • Too Much, Too Much (Adabisi)
  • Three's Company (Adabisi)

TBC edits:
  • Futurama short (Bobson Dugnutt)
  • Vampire Hunter D short (The Scribbling Man)

Bonus edits
  • Perfect Paprika (The Scribbling Man)

Have I missed anyone?

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That One Guy said:
Right, my fellow editors, we're almost at the deadline so I figure it's worth doing another tally of the project status:

• ??? (Adabisi)

I've submitted two: Too Much, Too Much and Three Is Company.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My Vampire Hunter D edit, although completed, is now completely lost and irretrievable.

My Perfect Dream edit is a much bigger project than I anticipated and will not be submitable any time soon.

I was looking into preparing something else, but my computer just isn't usable for fanediting at the moment. The plan is to buy a new one soon, but my focus has been elsewhere lately.

Apologies :(

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
By my reckoning we've got 9 shorts submitted for this edit. @"theryaney" Do you still want help with the disc authoring?

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That One Guy said:
By my reckoning we've got 9 shorts submitted for this edit. @"theryaney" Do you still want help with the disc authoring?

I don't think I can. Thanks a lot.

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"Mr Blue" @"jswert123456" @"theryaney" @"Masirimso17" @"Adabisi"

Hi all, can you PM me with details for your consecution submissions please? I deally a download link and a streaming link if you've got one. (No, I'm not asking people to send me their shorts, nothing good will come of that :D

Formatwise I'm easy, MP4 or MKV will do but equally I can work with m2v or lossless avi and aac/ac3/whatever. If you've got subtitles for your edit I can add them as well.

When I have all the entries I'll work up a trailer and start working on a DVD release. If anyone has suggestions for fanedit trailers that would fit the theme, please let me know.

Also @"Bobson Dugnutt" - did your Futurama short get anywhere?

That One Guy said:

• Flight of the Raider (Mr Blue)
  • Victor & Sparky (jswert123456)
  • The Red Turtle (theryaney)
  • Toy Story (Masirimso17)
  • Brendan & The Book Of Kells (That One Guy)
  • The Gods Of War (Mr Blue)
  • Leo, L'Enfant Fantome (That One Guy)
  • Too Much, Too Much (Adabisi)
  • Three's Company (Adabisi)

TBC edits:
  • Futurama short (Bobson Dugnutt)
  • Vampire Hunter D short (The Scribbling Man)

Bonus edits
  • Perfect Paprika (The Scribbling Man)

Have I missed anyone?

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i dont own a copy of the movie anymore and lost all my work files, so please use the space for another edit.
perhaps 1 day i will revisit this edit.

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Adabisi said:
Any updates on this?

It's not finished, but I've recently wrapped up something else that was competing for time with this so I'm hoping to get the DVD image and release finished up soon. I have files for all the edits that have been submitted so the outstanding work is to finalise the theme for the collection, put together a trailer and assemble the DVD image for release.

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nothing concrete to report, unfortunately. I still want to get it finished, but haven't yet had that final bit of inspiration that drives the remaining work over the finish line. I plan to dive back into it this weekend and try to come up with at least a rough cut teaser/trailer.

Top Bottom