• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Alternate cuts of movies you would love to see

If the Stoltz footage ever gets released, imagine the fanedit potential
I'd be so crazy cause I think they had shot at least one thirds of the first movie so maybe there's a potential of making it an alternate timeline where his parents had a different kid and he'd be trying to erase him to save his version or something on the nose like that haha

The book We Don't Need Roads: The Making of the Back to the Future Trilogy has more details on this
sad that christmas is over could've asked for it but thanks, might check it out

I'd be so crazy cause I think they had shot at least one thirds of the first movie so maybe there's a potential of making it an alternate timeline where his parents had a different kid and he'd be trying to erase him to save his version or something on the nose like that haha
I found a list of scenes shot with Stoltz

I found a list of scenes shot with Stoltz
wow omg that is actually crazy how many scenes they had shot, sad they didn't do the enchantment under the sea dance since it's my favorite section of the original but wow yeah the potential is crazy with how much of the footage captures the early film you could make at least some sort of trailer where Stoltz would've been cast or timeline where his parents had a different kid.

So many hidden gems out there...

- The original NC-17 Event Horizon cut.
- John McTiernan's Eaters of the Dead (The initial cut of the 13th Warrior)
- David Ayer's Suicide Squad.
- Tony Kaye's American History X (without Ed Norton's interferences)
- Schumacher cut of Batman Forever.
- But this is by far the one I want to see the most, the all-practical effects cut of The Thing (2011).

So many hidden gems out there...

- The original NC-17 Event Horizon cut.
- John McTiernan's Eaters of the Dead (The initial cut of the 13th Warrior)
- David Ayer's Suicide Squad.
- Tony Kaye's American History X (without Ed Norton's interferences)
- Schumacher cut of Batman Forever.
- But this is by far the one I want to see the most, the all-practical effects cut of The Thing (2011).
Omg I had completely forgot that they had done it all practically, The original film is one of my favorites and still looks incredible, have you seen some of the behind scene stuff of the 2011 film?

I'd love to see the full 3+ hour cut of The Wizard (1989).

The movie itself has nearly 40 minutes of deleted scenes that really should be added back into the movie. That right there is a good idea for a fan edit.

Yes, it's an absolute disgrace the studio opted to ditch all the amazing practical set pieces in favor of an absolute dogsh*t CGI rendering.

Take a look at this amazing work. What a waste!
It's so incredibly sad cause you can just see how much effort and care was put into that

Give me that 4 hour cut of THE FLASH and I'll be in heaven. Lots of issues in that film but I still really enjoy it. There's some gold in there mixed in with some bad studio interference and horrific CGI and even worse cameos.

This is a film that is already greatly improved once you trim about 15 minutes out and if I had another 90 minutes of footage to look through I'm sure I could grab another 15 minutes or so to drastically improve it. Unfortunately getting the 4 hour cut is unlikely to ever happen since it bombed so bad. Give me that Schumacher cut and the 4 hour Flash cut and I'm a happy man.
I want for a final DCEU send off, a 4K Blueray Ultimate Collectors set of the DCEU with all films and there deleted scenes, alternate cuts and so on. Aquaman 2 I am really curious to know? Was it reshot 3x? Director says no but idk it could have been. I also want the cut MOS deleted scenes which to my knowledge haven't ever been released apart from trailer snippets?

I recently watched the 1980's movie Cobra, which was only 87 minutes. Originally it was over 2 hours long, but it had to be cut down for extra screenings and to avoid getting an X-rating. Apparently there's a workprint with the deleted material somewhere out there, but I've had no luck finding it.

Somebody complied all the extra footage from the extended TV version, but there's still a ton of footage missing:
Can we keep X rated content out of this discussion please? Let's keep this relatively tame on subject material.

Can we keep X rated content out of this discussion please? Let's keep this relatively tame on subject material.

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

- The Phantom Menace: I'd love to see the early version where they "went too far in a few places", before they went in and "fixed" it because wow.

- The Star Wars: I'd like to see the famed work-in-progress cut (even if it was only a couple of reels) before they restarted the editing from scratch.

- The Hobbit Trilogy: I'm sure the footage that was shot, could have been the equal of LotR if it had been assembled in a different way.

- Star Trek V: Shatner's ideal, uncut, full-length, blank-cheque, "yes ILM are available" version.

- Star Trek Nemisis: the 50-minute longer workprint, although in a somehow finished state. It'd still be awful but less so... maybe.

- Rogue One: before it was meddled with and almost certainly made worse, although the released version was fine.

- Thor: The Dark World: again before it was meddled with and almost certainly made worse. I can sort of picture what it was from the deleted scenes and I'd like to see that version.

- Godfather 3: IIRC the original opening scene was miles better. It's never going to be up with the first two but it could've been better.

- Heroes Shed No Tears: Just watched a mini-doc demonstrating the differences in John Woo's original workprint cut. Apparently it's available if you can find one particular old Thai VHS tape that somehow had it. I still LOVE the regular cut though.

- Heaven's Gate: In 2005, for some reason MGM decided to do their own completely new "radical" recut (without consulting the Director I believe) using deleted material, screened it a couple of times at festivals, then there was a change of management and nobody saw it again.

- The Thing (2011): the version with all the freaky practical FX before they replaced them all with terrible CGI.

- Once Upon a Time in America: the super extended 5-hour mega cut. Scorsese is still working on it, last I heard. Come on Marty we believe in you!

- A Star is Born (1954): The original theatrical release version has never been released on home video. Various patchy restored/extended versions using outtakes and still photos are all you can get.

- Kill Bill: the whole bloody affair. There are fan versions but I'd like to see the real deal.

- All Lucas films in the original version.

- (insert name of pretty much any Orson Welles film)

- (insert name of all the films the Weinsteins meddled with)
How many films did Weinsteins interfere with? I know a couple but not the extensive list? How were they meddled with?

I want for a final DCEU send off, a 4K Blueray Ultimate Collectors set of the DCEU with all films and there deleted scenes, alternate cuts and so on. Aquaman 2 I am really curious to know? Was it reshot 3x? Director says no but idk it could have been. I also want the cut MOS deleted scenes which to my knowledge haven't ever been released apart from trailer snippets?
Warner Bros. have taken losses of around a billion dollars on the DCEU as a whole. It's a pretty safe bet now that it's dead and has been replaced by the DCU they're going to throw its corpse in an unmarked grave, so to speak. On the slim chance a box set ever sees the light of day I fully expect a barebones affair, or a simple repackaging of the existing releases.

Because I want to keep my mind and eyes free of such potential imagery. Please? Is it too much to ask?
I highly doubt any imagery will show up on this thread because those cuts have yet to be released, and I will not bow down to censorship.

Man, if Cobra, in its original cut were released today, it would be rated PG-13, there's hardly any blood in the movie, even the murder scenes that shook the MPAA are off-screen.

While we certainly do allow R rated films to be discussed and edited here, we do not tolerate anyone making fun of others. Let's all please be civil and respectful.
Also, a reminder that our forum conduct should reflect a PG-13 ceiling in regard to content (Forum Conduct Guidelines).

I highly doubt any imagery will show up on this thread because those cuts have yet to be released, and I will not bow down to censorship.
@wilhelm scream , here is the appropriate place to discuss your subjective views on censorship. https://forums.fanedit.org/threads/censorship-the-ethics-of-fanediting.28860/

Anyways another question: Would any of you know anything as to what really happened during the production of Frozen 2? It seems that the film had darker themes and scenes, that were cut due to inappropriate ages for test screening.
I've been considering making a Frozen 2 Fan Edit called The Assembly Cut Workprint or something of the sort, but am waiting till the Steelbook goes down in price as well I love that artwork!!

Warner Bros. have taken losses of around a billion dollars on the DCEU as a whole. It's a pretty safe bet now that it's dead and has been replaced by the DCU they're going to throw its corpse in an unmarked grave, so to speak. On the slim chance a box set ever sees the light of day I fully expect a barebones affair, or a simple repackaging of the existing releases.
I mean there is the Ayer cut and I would find it 100% foolish for WB to not release the Batman deleted scene from Aquaman 2, that we know for a fact was shot, the one with Ben Afflecks batman, Jason Mamoa accidentally spoiled his appearance in a short he did and I'd just assume like it'd give more Blueray & Home media sales in general, I know I'd pick it up!
They could do it like the Justice League 2017 blueray where it had the sticker saying new Superman deleted scene, just change it to say Batman!! Like come on if they can't give us something we know was fully shot!

I mean there is the Ayer cut and I would find it 100% foolish for WB to not release the Batman deleted scene from Aquaman 2, that we know for a fact was shot, the one with Ben Afflecks batman, Jason Mamoa accidentally spoiled his appearance in a short he did and I'd just assume like it'd give more Blueray & Home media sales in general, I know I'd pick it up!
They could do it like the Justice League 2017 blueray where it had the sticker saying new Superman deleted scene, just change it to say Batman!! Like come on if they can't give us something we know was fully shot!
WBD is sabotaging themselves. We are way past incompetence at this point. When they are sold it'll be at dollar store prices. Then we'll see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom