• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Alternate cuts of movies you would love to see

wow omg that is actually crazy how many scenes they had shot, sad they didn't do the enchantment under the sea dance since it's my favorite section of the original but wow yeah the potential is crazy with how much of the footage captures the early film you could make at least some sort of trailer where Stoltz would've been cast or timeline where his parents had a different kid.

Imagine using the fading photograph motif while dynamically dissolving between Stoltz and Fox. Use of the theme at certain moments to indicate that, somehow, whatever Marty just did is about to cause his personal timeline to shift once more. And for good measure, use the BTTF2 reshot opening with the ending of the original to indicate that Jennifer's parentage has also been damaged!

I think Metropolis was always more likely since the original cut had prints struck and was distributed, so there was something out there to be found. The cut stuff from Ambersons was removed in editing and never seen publicly, so I’m sadly less inclined to believe it’s out there. I think Welles still didn’t have it in the 70s when he wanted to recut and reshoot the film.

In my heart, the reels are out there, but in my head, they’re like tears in rain.
You know, considering how powerful technology is nowaday, maybe it's possible to recreate the missing footage seamlessly (I know AI is a highly divisive subject. But if you want to see deleted footage, and it doesn't exist anymore, I don't see any other alternative).

I’d love an edit of The Rise of Skywalker where Rey is Luke’s daughter

another 8 years of bullying Wb... :/ They aren't stupid enough to spend 70mil a second time right? To be honest though I would be more inclined to buy it if they had a alternate cut with it.
I still want a DCEU ultimate collectors set, 4hr flash cut, ZSJL, BVS Ultimate, Suicide Squad Ayer Cut, Aquaman 2, Wann Cut, Shazam 2 but it's actually funny.

This is starting to feel like a marketing ploy. Correction: this has felt like a marketing ploy for a while; I’ll need more evidence to suggest otherwise.

As much as everyone - myself included - would LOVE to see the Ayer Cut amongst others, the best we can ask for from a "DCEU ultimate collector's set" is more deleted scenes.

I know James Wan isn't the kind of guy to put out deleted scenes for his movies, but I'd like to see the most interesting one where Arthur learns to breathe underwater.

There's also one from BvS that didn't even make it into the Ultimate Edition. As quoted by director Zack Snyder in an IGN interview:
We had a scene that we cut from the movie where he tries to look for her when he finds out that Lex has got her. It was a slightly dark scene that we cut out because it sort of represented this dark side. Because when he was looking for his mom he heard all the cries of all the potential crimes going on in the city, you know when you look.

On the topic of Snyder's DC movies, we've also yet to see what was cut from Man of Steel, although some of those scenes are featured in the novelisation.

In the case of ZSJL, I've heard unsubstantiated rumours that there was a scene involving an Amazonian warrior who gets infected by the energy from Steppenwolf's Electro-Axe and promptly kills herself before turning into a Parademon. Now I don't know if this was something Snyder initially had in mind but cut either early on or out of respect for his daughter after her suicide in March '17, or if it was a Joss Whedon addition that he was forced to take out to meet WB's 2hr mandate. Either way, we can't be too sure.

Sam Benjamin also stated in an interview with Comic Consultant that the studio cut 20-30 minutes of a military subplot from the final release:
Someone tweeted me about this just the other day and he goes, ‘Blink if you were in the Superman vs. Justice League fight,’ and I was like, ‘No, I wasn’t. Basically, I filmed a part in it when Zack Snyder was directing. Obviously, a lot of the Zack Snyder stuff was cut. I had an absolute blast getting directed by Zack Snyder, playing the character in the DC movie universe. It was a bit of a dream come true. I kinda knew when Joss Whedon took over, I was prepared for a lot of changes. I was like, ‘Ya know what, I filmed with Zack,’ and it turns out that whole arc that I was in was completely gone. I would estimate it was probably a 20 or 30-minute story. The story kind of just skipped. There may be some people who are really tuned into Zack Snyder’s and Joss Whedon’s work can probably watch the film and go, ‘Oh, that’s where Snyder would have done this or would have carried on in this way.'
What baffles me about this is that he BARELY appears in ZSJL. Is it possible he misremembered the extent of his involvement with the picture? Or is WBD holding off on sharing the footage for old times' sake? :LOL:

Oh, and #ReleaseTheGreenLanternScene.

Speaking of Joss Whedon's Justice League, I found out on Reddit just last month that there exists an early cut of the movie called "Joss Cut 1". It consists of "B Revision 2", the last cut Snyder worked on before Autumn's death, with Whedon's notes and reshoots fully implemented. It's common knowledge that the opening scene on the rooftop was edited down from its initial rough cut, as revealed by Holt McCallany in a Variety article published a week after JWJL's release:
I love Joss Whedon. My scene with Batman was originally conceived as a comedic scene. That’s how Joss wrote it, and that’s how we shot it. I thought it came out great, but the studio felt it would be a mistake to open the film with a completely comedic scene, so it was re-edited a little bit. I was disappointed.
Other than that, God knows what Joss had to trim away from his rough cut - or if it would've made for a decent product in the end (probably not lol)!

Let's also mention the R-rated cut of Black Adam. I imagine The Rock's ego will prevent this version from EVER seeing the light of day, but you never know.

And don't even get me started on The Flash! Aside from the 14 minutes included on the Blu-ray disc, they shot a lot, a LOT that got cut: "R-rated" fight scenes between Supergirl and Zod, 2023-Barry and Dark Flash duking it out, additional cameos during the Chronobowl sequence, multiple endings featuring heroes old and new, an alternate post-credits scene involving Batfleck getting lost in the multiverse, the whole nine yards! 🤯

Barry vs. Dark Flash BTS:

I could keep going, but we'd be here all day. 😄

I would be interested in seeing the cut scenes from the Amazing Spider Man 2 that haven't seen the light of day yet (like the Mary Jane scenes, the deleted post credits scene that would have set up Sinister 6, and who knows what else).

Spider man 1 also has no deleted scenes available (except the twin towers teaser that was unused for obvious reasons). Who knows what was on the cutting room floor.

Tom Hardy said in am interview for Venom his favourite 40 minutes were cut (https://www.esquire.com/uk/latest-n...-favourite-40-minutes-of-venom-were-cut-film/) and the blu-ray only has a few minutes. Although, there's a chance we'll see it sooner rather than later https://www.cbr.com/tom-hardy-venom-3-deleted-scene/

As much as everyone - myself included - would LOVE to see the Ayer Cut amongst others, the best we can ask for from a "DCEU ultimate collector's set" is more deleted scenes.

I know James Wan isn't the kind of guy to put out deleted scenes for his movies, but I'd like to see the most interesting one where Arthur learns to breathe underwater.

There's also one from BvS that didn't even make it into the Ultimate Edition. As quoted by director Zack Snyder in an IGN interview:

On the topic of Snyder's DC movies, we've also yet to see what was cut from Man of Steel, although some of those scenes are featured in the novelisation.

In the case of ZSJL, I've heard unsubstantiated rumours that there was a scene involving an Amazonian warrior who gets infected by the energy from Steppenwolf's Electro-Axe and promptly kills herself before turning into a Parademon. Now I don't know if this was something Snyder initially had in mind but cut either early on or out of respect for his daughter after her suicide in March '17, or if it was a Joss Whedon addition that he was forced to take out to meet WB's 2hr mandate. Either way, we can't be too sure.

Sam Benjamin also stated in an interview with Comic Consultant that the studio cut 20-30 minutes of a military subplot from the final release:

What baffles me about this is that he BARELY appears in ZSJL. Is it possible he misremembered the extent of his involvement with the picture? Or is WBD holding off on sharing the footage for old times' sake? :LOL:

Oh, and #ReleaseTheGreenLanternScene.

Speaking of Joss Whedon's Justice League, I found out on Reddit just last month that there exists an early cut of the movie called "Joss Cut 1". It consists of "B Revision 2", the last cut Snyder worked on before Autumn's death, with Whedon's notes and reshoots fully implemented. It's common knowledge that the opening scene on the rooftop was edited down from its initial rough cut, as revealed by Holt McCallany in a Variety article published a week after JWJL's release:

Other than that, God knows what Joss had to trim away from his rough cut - or if it would've made for a decent product in the end (probably not lol)!

Let's also mention the R-rated cut of Black Adam. I imagine The Rock's ego will prevent this version from EVER seeing the light of day, but you never know.

And don't even get me started on The Flash! Aside from the 14 minutes included on the Blu-ray disc, they shot a lot, a LOT that got cut: "R-rated" fight scenes between Supergirl and Zod, 2023-Barry and Dark Flash duking it out, additional cameos during the Chronobowl sequence, multiple endings featuring heroes old and new, an alternate post-credits scene involving Batfleck getting lost in the multiverse, the whole nine yards! 🤯

Barry vs. Dark Flash BTS:

I could keep going, but we'd be here all day. 😄
Why was all this cut, a whole fight scene? What the heck happened during production???

Why was all this cut, a whole fight scene? What the heck happened during production???
Andy Muschietti has mentioned putting together a 4hr assembly cut of The Flash. The scenes I mentioned are all featured in this version of the film.

Aquaman 2 home video release announced, no deleted scenes… :/

Also are there any animated films with alternate cuts?

All Dogs Go To Heaven comes to mind

I would love to see an extended version of Titanic with every piece of deleted footage restored. I know there’s some in Titanic Explorer. Also, a 4 hour cut of the Grinch.

I'd love to see the Ayer cut. I want to see more of Batman, as much as I was frustrated with Batman v Superman. A friend of mine worked on the movie and when it came out pretty much all scenes they were involved in were cut.

I'd love to see the Ayer cut. I want to see more of Batman, as much as I was frustrated with Batman v Superman. A friend of mine worked on the movie and when it came out pretty much all scenes they were involved in were cut.
Lucky them! It must really suck having your work go unseen by millions because of incompetent studio execs.

On the subject of the Ayer Cut, I think Gunn is prioritising the reboot before focusing on other things, and Ayer is going under the assumption that he and the studio have lost interest. Guess this is another "time will tell" situation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do we actually think All Dogs Go To Heaven could get a ultimate cut for it's 4K release if that ever happens? We know the cut exist, same with The Land Before Time... just don't know why we haven't seen either.

Good news Phase IV fans, your getting a new cut that features never before seen footage https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collections/frontpage/products/phase-iv

Mr and Mrs Smith also has a ton of deleted footage that I'm sure a lot of hasn't seen the light of day. I'll let TV tropes do the explaining:

Estella Warren planned to make a big comeback with a supporting role, but her part - she and Adam Brody play a husband and wife who get wrapped up in the film's plot - was deleted from the final print (although Brody remains in the movie).

Keith David and Angela Bassett were cast as the bosses of the title characters, but only their voices remained in the final movie. David can still be briefly be seen in the reflection of a computer monitor during one single scene.

Terence Stamp and Jacqueline Bisset (the latter who is Angelina Jolie's godmother) also appeared in a subplot as terrorists that got cut. (Originally they were a wrap around story before the director made them a sub plot because he couldn't decide what he wanted:
)

Based on what I've listened to I'ce compiled a list of all the Don Bluth movies with rumored and or factual directors / pre-release cuts.

The Secret Of Nimh (1982) - Before the Mrs.Frisby name change
The Land Before Time (1988) - The more intense cut with the swapped ending, and more graphic fight scene footage.
All Dogs Go To Heaven (1989) - Extended Hell & Car Murder Scene (Lost media as apparently the negative got stolen, but yet someone ripped the hell footage to YT?)
Rockadoodle (1992) - Cut without narration, which was added due to plot confusion from test audiences.
Thumbelina (1993) - Cut with the Disney logo- how did they not go to court for this.
The Pebble & The Penguin (1995) - Production issues so bad Don Bluth and Gary Goldman fought for directing credit removal.

Back
Top Bottom