• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Alternate cuts of movies you would love to see

It is one of the worst Star Wars films ever made, I doubt this directors cut would've fixed it's core issues but the art-book recall is interesting. The novelization also features cut scenes and we have the footage of Chewy being tortured by Kylo Ren, at least rumors of it being shot:

Oh and while we're on Star Wars, Rogue One and Solo have completely different cuts, I doubt the Solo one is any good but the Rogue One might be interesting.

Any others you can think of?

What was so bad about the Ayer script pages (I haven't read them myself)?
PFF Mrs.Doubtfire, R rated? LOL I don't wanna watch that, but it does sound insane. Some other films also have R rated cuts but frankly why make a film R rated when it doesn't have to be. :)

All that extra footage would certainly benefit Ascendant!
The track that interest me the most is the deep choir score, "Anthem Of Evil" I have no idea what that would've been for? Perhaps the alleged rumors of the Emperors ressurection being explained were true? I have no idea, but it's the one piece that I want to include in my edit somehow.

Any others you can think of?
There was lots of discussion back then on the JW Fan forums (John Williams). I think Revenge of the Sith was meant to include a lot more order 66 scenes. Each clip would have been a lot longer, and be almost a mini clone wars episode before the jedi is killed. Also it took over an hour just until they leave the Invisible Hand (Griveous' ship). I doubt they ever filmed these scenes though

There is some circumstantial evidence to back this up, for instance the soundtrack cue sheet has the track arranged in their 'original' order before all the re arranging happened. Also the Art Of book was recalled last minute and reprinted, and ended up removing lots of stuff from the first act. Look up "the Oracle", this was meant to guide Kylo Ren towards Vader's Castle, where he finds the wayfinder. There were also set pictures of Hux and Kylo Ren on Mustafar together with Vader's Castle in the background. This was all cut and Kylo simply just got the wayfinder now
Disney does not want us to know what really went down behind the scenes, do they?

Does anyone anywhere have an original 'pre-recall' copy of the art book? Or at least, everything that was cut from it?

Oh and speaking of things Disney won't reveal, cough cough, X-Men Dark Phoenix The Skrulls Cut I genuinely want to get a hold of, it actually might make the film better as it won't be a rushed finale but was a finale they took time to shoot: Did anyone go to the test screenings before the reshoots? -_- Is there any site that includes lost cuts of films?

Does anyone anywhere have an original 'pre-recall' copy of the art book? Or at least, everything that was cut from it?
PM me and I can send you some goodies
edit: Also, some of these pre-recall art books were sold in Korea. check eBay

A Better Tomorrow II - Director's Cut: John Woo's initial version was 40-60 minutes longer than what we wound up with. Moreover, he got into an editing war with producer Tsui Hark when the time came to cut that down to the running time we have now, with each reverting the other's changes again and again. It got so bad that a third party company was brought in - allegedly with a different editor working on each reel without communicating with the others. The result is often confusing and incomprehensible. The action is some of Woo's best (and that's saying a lot) but there's just so much of the plot that does not make sense. It's so close to being a good movie. And moreover, the deleted scenes were probably in a finished state - trailers feature some snippets that have voice acting. This is important because Hong Kong movies were shot MOS at the time - I find it unlikely that they would have hired voice actors for scenes that were never going to be in the film.

A Better Tomorrow II - Director's Cut: John Woo's initial version was 40-60 minutes longer than what we wound up with. Moreover, he got into an editing war with producer Tsui Hark when the time came to cut that down to the running time we have now, with each reverting the other's changes again and again. It got so bad that a third party company was brought in - allegedly with a different editor working on each reel without communicating with the others. The result is often confusing and incomprehensible. The action is some of Woo's best (and that's saying a lot) but there's just so much of the plot that does not make sense. It's so close to being a good movie. And moreover, the deleted scenes were probably in a finished state - trailers feature some snippets that have voice acting. This is important because Hong Kong movies were shot MOS at the time - I find it unlikely that they would have hired voice actors for scenes that were never going to be in the film.
Mission Impossible 2 is another John Woo film rumored to have a R rated cut? Am I correct?

Another cut I feel is worth mentioning would be Sam Raimi's first cut of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, which is said to run at approximately 2 hours and 40 minutes. Much like Star Wars, Marvel is being very secretive as to what exactly was left on the cutting room floor, although insider info, interviews from the cast, Raimi's audio commentary and other external sources do hint as to what we could've seen.

Wanda beheading Mordo and her brutal and bloody massacre at Kamar-Taj are but two notable omissions.

Last edited:
Mission Impossible 2 is another John Woo film rumored to have a R rated cut? Am I correct?

I don't know the backstory on that. But for a movie that starts by throwing exploding sunglasses into the camera, the first half is overall remarkably boring. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was due to material being cut/reshot, possibly by someone other than John Woo.

Here's another for the list: The Matrix Resurrections screened for critics with a substantial amount of footage that did not make the final cut. Most notably, Agent Johnson from the second film appeared during the factory fight, and there may have been some expounding on the otherwise bizarre line about rumors of "Neo having worked for the Machines since the beginning" as a proper subplot.

I don't know the backstory on that. But for a movie that starts by throwing exploding sunglasses into the camera, the first half is overall remarkably boring. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was due to material being cut/reshot, possibly by someone other than John Woo.
There's a lot of rumours about M:I2, but a couple of the later revisions of the screenplay are online that somewhat substantiate that Woo's assembly cut was about 210 minutes long, and that he cut it down to about 165 minutes before Paramount brought in Stuart Baird to bring it down to the final runtime.

There's a lot of rumours about M:I2, but a couple of the later revisions of the screenplay are online that somewhat substantiate that Woo's assembly cut was about 210 minutes long, and that he cut it down to about 165 minutes before Paramount brought in Stuart Baird to bring it down to the final runtime.
That's interesting, I wonder what was in there that gave it the R.

Give me that 4 hour cut of THE FLASH and I'll be in heaven. Lots of issues in that film but I still really enjoy it. There's some gold in there mixed in with some bad studio interference and horrific CGI and even worse cameos.

This is a film that is already greatly improved once you trim about 15 minutes out and if I had another 90 minutes of footage to look through I'm sure I could grab another 15 minutes or so to drastically improve it. Unfortunately getting the 4 hour cut is unlikely to ever happen since it bombed so bad. Give me that Schumacher cut and the 4 hour Flash cut and I'm a happy man.

Back
Top Bottom