• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

What have you been playing recently?

I went to the Eurogamer Expo on Sunday, and got to try out Skyrim. It's going to be amazing. However, the demo unit was an Xbox 360, and the textures were horrible and smeary. Someone next to me asked a Bethesda staffer whether the game would have higher-res textures on PC, and they said yes. So definitely look into getting it on PC if you can.

DCU Online still. created an evil Superboy. (his mentor is Lex, which is cool.), a Nightwing character (looks like the costume from the DCnU reboot, but has it so i can switch between classic blue to the new one), and a character that is a Kid Flash type character that also wields a green lantern ring and goes by the name Kid Zip.

started out on the PvE servers, but made the switch over to PvP. it's more fun over in the PvP side of things.

Probably a good idea to hot foot it over to the GOG website as they have Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars Special Edition availible for a free download until Oct 1st as a thank you for over 6000000 downloads.

Is anyone going to be picking up the extended mass effect 3 dlc when it gets uploaded to live/psn next week? Here in the UK we have to wait another week on PSN. they aren't changing the 3 endings but they are giving more closure to the events surrounding them...better than nothing I guess?

I'm actually playing through ME3 for the first time now. I got sucked into TOR and that dominated my game time for the last six months. I will be getting the DLC when it's released as I doubt I'll finish the game by next week anyway.

Been playing on and off Red Dead Redemption and The Bourne Conspiracy (which isn't bad for four quid :-D) for the 360. Might have to go back to GoldenEye on Mupen64++ at some point. Had a lot of fun going through it using a 360 pad, and even though the sky texture gave me a headache, it was still great playing it again.

Playing through Mass Effect 3 for my renegade character, the extended cut doesn't come out here until need week (damn you EU psn!) but generally the additional scenes have been getting positive reviews, I wasn't exactly satisfied with the original endings but I wasn't one of the extremely angry people who wanted Casey Hudson's dead on a platter either, I accepted them for what they were but wanted a little more exposition on what happens regarding the fate of the galaxy & crew which it sounds like is what we get.... so this time next week I should be generally happier.

Omaru1982 said:
Playing through Mass Effect 3 for my renegade character, the extended cut doesn't come out here until need week (damn you EU psn!) but generally the additional scenes have been getting positive reviews, I wasn't exactly satisfied with the original endings but I wasn't one of the extremely angry people who wanted Casey Hudson's dead on a platter either, I accepted them for what they were but wanted a little more exposition on what happens regarding the fate of the galaxy & crew which it sounds like is what we get.... so this time next week I should be generally happier.

I can tell you that the extended endings, while better than before, they dont really feel that much satisfying (to me at least). While providing a little bit more closure it is still the same shitty endings. It still feels that for the last 10% of the game there was different writting team involved. Heck, it seems that they didnt even try, half of the new extended stuff is a slideshow of consept art with naration on top. There is also a new ending option to choose which for me feels like a big F U to the fans who wanted something different and a more possitive ending option.

been playing:
max payne 3
ghost recon future soldier
battlefield 3 close quarters dlc
deus ex human revolution

Gabriel Knight Sins of the Father, excellent game although the graphics have not dated well at all. Fortunately Pinkerton Roads new mystery game is going to be a HD remake.

Got given a bundle copy of Lego Batman/Pure, so have been hammering LB. Worst thing is, I'm only 12% through it, and I've only done one set of the levels :eek:

I finally finished ME 3 last night. Wow. Loved it! The entire series, including the ending, was terrific IMO. I did have the "extended" endings version, but after completing I went to YouTube and watched how the original endings were. I actually prefer those because the extended stuff feels forced and not natural.

*** SPOILERS TO FOLLOW ***

I ended up going with the red ending, i.e. destroying everything, as that seemed the less Reaper-esque way. Also, based on what the Catalyst said (that the original creators weren't happy to be the first to be indoctrinated), it seemed as if they realized they had made a mistake.

I know a lot of people didn't like the ending, so I took the the internet to do some research on the endings. It seems to me the ending, while not perfect, is not a complete misstep like many feel and is quite possibility on of the best endings of a game ever. The finale is actually more about Shepard fighting off indoctrination. Here is an interesting article I found that, if you haven't seen, might be of interest.

I found this video while reading this article.

Is the ME 3 ending perfect? No, but it's my kind of ending with not everything wrapped up in a neat little bow.

Q2 said:
Over the weekend I picked up Dead Island and LIMBO (thank you G. Lucas!). Of the two, I've been enjoying LIMBO a lot more; it's been more engrossing. (Dead Island is fun too, don't get me wrong.) LIMBO is an atmospheric platformer that follows a young boy in a weird and dangerous world in the search for his sister. This us easily the best $10 I've ever spent on a game. Enjoyed it so much I couldn't stop playing it, and I was up until 1 a.m. finishing it. Can't recommend this title highly enough. I believe it's available on X360, PS3 and PC (through Steam).

This. I picked up Limbo on Steam for a few quid and absolutely loved it, I was surprised that something so simple could be so creepy. Definitely one to play alone in a darkened room.

Currently playing more Black Ops II, now I've downloaded the Uprising map pack. And I'm glad to see, finally, Nuketown 2025 has been put into rotation!! Nuketown, babyeeeeeeeeeee!

Primordia. Fantastic point 'n click adventure, with a great story and some musings about Creation, atheism, and the meaning of life, managing to respect differing points of view and bring them across well - not an easy thing.
Dialogue is genuinely funny as well.
Definitely worth a go.

Been playing Ocarina of Time a lot recently. Love that game. This new crazy glitch blew my mind.

Dude, you on some retro trip? Because thats some damn good gaming choices there.

Tried the Scott Pilgrim demo on XBLA last night and quite enjoyed it. Might pick it up for the 400pts it's on offer for at the mo.

JetSetWilly said:
Dude, you on some retro trip? Because thats some damn good gaming choices there.

My interest in video games peaked with the N64. Never got into modern games. 2 years ago I got back into my 64 and decided to start rebuilding my video game collections as a kid. Bought a lot of cheap old used games on eBay. New place has better layout for video games so I've been playing a lot more in spare time.

Neglify said:
My interest in video games peaked with the N64. Never got into modern games. 2 years ago I got back into my 64 and decided to start rebuilding my video game collections as a kid. Bought a lot of cheap old used games on eBay. New place has better layout for video games so I've been playing a lot more in spare time.

Nice one. You played Conker's Bad Fur Day? If not, grab a copy (if you can find one cheap enough. the UK PAL copies used to go for upwards of about £50 boxed. Got mine unboxed for a shiny pound coin :-D), and laugh yourself silly at Gregg The Grim Reaper, Bees from Newcastle and an area that's literally covered in shit.

Back
Top Bottom