• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Video Games

casualimp said:
The only problem is I've got store credit at EB equivalent the the price of one.

"Oh no... Wii suck again!"

Wii see...FYI check and make sure there isn't a waiting list, and if there is one, get your ass on it.

Tried that, no such luck; but I appreciate the suggestion. :)

Any of you guys care to share your friend codes for your Wii?
Sean- 2700 3974 8438 4208
Here is mine.

As soon as I get a Wii I'm adding you and DJ to my list - and hopefully Imp will have one too.

Then, it's on like Donkey Kong. Literally.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl? 4 Player - I call DK in advance.

Warning - I'm cheap. I grab people in great big monkey hugs and jump off the edge of the map. That's how I roll.

Actually, rumour has it that Donkey Kong won't be this one. I seriously doubt that's true, but if you head over to http://www.wiichat.com (there are a lot of punk ass there - you've been forewarned) there's a thread on what characters are to appear. I know Solid Snake in there this time around.

BTW, I was at Zellers yesterday and didn't think about heading by the electronic section. I inquire in that section today to be informed they had 2 yesterday. Wiisa pissed off now. :D

That sucks. You need to camp out in the electronics section for a while.

It have never occurred to me that DK wouldn't be in the next one. The roster has pretty much been set since the first installment on the N64, and he is one of Nintendo's mascot characters.

If he isn't in the initial game, I wouldn't be surprised if he was delivered through WiiConnect or something.

He'll be there, though. The Nintendog, ROB the Robot and Puck from Kid Icarus are there - so will DK.

just picked up another Wii points card,think I am going to download Mario 64 now,this should be cool.

dark jedi said:
just picked up another Wii points card,think I am going to download Mario 64 now,this should be cool.

Oh nice! The game that kicked off the 3D platform genre and never looked back...

You have to let me know how it compares to the N64 version. I wonder if it's a straight port of the game, or the suped-up version that was released on the DS (with extra characters and better textures).

Also, let me know how it controls with the Classic Controller. God, DJ, I'm so jealous, in a totally good way.

Did you ever get Mario Kart DS?

no Mario Kart DS yet,I am looking for that and He-Man Power fo Grayskull.
i might just order from the links you supplied
I was hoping it might be on the store shelves by you

dark jedi said:
no Mario Kart DS yet,I am looking for that and He-Man Power fo Grayskull.
i might just order from the links you supplied
I was hoping it might be on the store shelves by you

I'm going out and about tomorrow morning, I'll check BB, Wal-Mart and EB for the He-Man game. I've seen it on shelves, hopefully it's still around. I'll do what I can for you!

Thanks Cassidy I really appreciate it,and I will look into that "item" you needed for your OLD School system LOL

Here?s my Gaming Year End List that NOBODY was asking for!

Best Xbox/Xbox 360 Game

Gears Of War

Why It Made My List

Tight controls, compelling apocolyptic storyline, jaw dropping graphics, real time lighting, genius AI ? I could go on and on. While this game isn?t the second coming of Halo that everyone called it, it does offer a few new things to the FPS genre like on-the-fly tactical elements, some cool futuristic weapons and excellent level design to make it feel fresh and new.

It?s almost like Halo, Doom and Ghost Recon went out drinking one night, got really hammered and had a one-night stand ? Gears Of War is the bastard child.

Why It Almost Didn?t Make My List

Sweet Zombie Jesus is this game gay. From the festishized, overmuscled and sweaty male torsos, to the exaggerated macho dialogue and phallic imagery galore, this game is one homoerotic frag fest. To boot, the only female character in the game wears this skimpy dress of sorts. Hey sweet cheeks, listen up ? it?s the middle of the end of the human race?couldn?t you find any size 6 body armour laying around anywhere? Sheesh.

Runner Up ? Dead Rising. Best zombie killing game not starting in Resident and ending in Evil.

Best GameCube Game Not Called Zelda

Lego Star Wars II ? The Original Trilogy

Why It Made My List

It?s Star Wars. It?s Lego. It?s got TaunTauns. What more do you want? Not only did this game have a super smart interface to make navigating the Star Wars Galaxy easy, the level design and layout were so logical it was sublime. The true testament to this game is the vehicle combat, which, to date, has never been nailed this amazingly in a Star Wars game before. The controls are intuitive, and this finally gave back something that?s been missing from anything to do with Star Wars in the last 10 years ? a sense of humour. This game also showcased the hardware ability of the GameCube as she fades into the sunset?

Fooking hell the Endor level was frustrating. Memo to Chewie ? get the hell out of my way.

Runner Up ? Resident Evil 4 ? Yeah, yeah, it?s a 2005 game but who cares? Show me a better GameCube game, I dare you. I?m still playing it almost 2 years later, so what does that tell you?

Best Nintendo DS Game

The New Super Mario Bros.

Why It Made My List

It?s 2006. Nintendo releases a 2D sidescrolling platform game. Not only is that as rare as a Unicorn shooting rainbows and gold out of its? ass, but it?s the best Mario game ever. Seriously. It?s essentially a remake of pretty much every Mario game thus far, but it manages to feel fresh and unique. The music is also incredible ? it has enough new tunes with the classic Mario themes interwoven into them and leans on the nostalgia button?just?right. This game is to the Nintendo DS what Super Mario 64 was to the Nintendo 64. If you don?t have this in your collection ? shame on you.

Why It Almost Didn?t Make My List This game gets super hard on later levels, which may be off putting for casual gamers, and the mini-games are like crack, but some of them are useless (Balloon blowing only makes you spit on your DS?Bah!)

Runner Up ? Elite Beat Agents ? A completely original rhythmic screen tapper that makes the best use of the DS? hardware to date. Frustrating as hell, but rewarding and fun.

Best PC Game

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Why It Made My List

I played this title on the Xbox 360, but from what I?ve heard and read it?s pretty much the same experience on PC. This is the kind of world you can get lost in for days. Ever have one of those games where when you?re not playing it, you?re thinking about it? This is one such title.

Bethesda did a really great job of creating an immersive RPG that had enough depth to engage hardcore RPGer?s, but was also balanced enough to let first timers into the world. I partially credit the innovative on-the-fly difficulty slider, but while I came for the leveling up, I stayed for the sense of humour and engaging quests.

This game is plagued by constant updates (on the PC and Xbox 360), repetitive dungeons and relatively short campaign. It was enough to be annoying but not enough to make me put the game aside and not want to finish it.

Runner Up ? Battlefield 2142 Fun at LAN parties but I totally suck at it.

Best PlayStation 2 Game

Call Of Duty 3

Why It Made My List

Because I didn?t spend enough time with Final Fantasy XII yet. I stress yet.

COD3 has enough of the series? trademark intense action, and like no other WWII shooter before truly captures the chaos and confusion of the battlefront. This game keeps you on your toes at all times, letting you breath at just the right moments. Despite being released across multiple consoles, COD3 benefits most on the PS2 because it showcases what the system can do after all these years. I?ve not seen a better playing game or graphics on the PS2.

Because I almost bought it for the 360 but opted for the cheaper PS2 version.

Runner Up ? Okami - Gorgeous level design and art, but I tired of the wolf schtick too soon.

That?s all folks. What are your top/bottom gaming picks for the years two thousand and six?

I wish I had a PS3 or a Wii to add them to my reviews, but the bank says I have no more overdraft left. Assholes. I hear good things about Resistance on the PS3, and there?s some title called?what was it??...oh yeah, Zelda on the Wii that?s been getting some buzz?

Thanks for the heads up Cassidy, those were in depth and fun to read. Told you you should have your own gaming site. ;)

dark jedi said:

Where do you find them at?

got me a wii on december 26th! great fun man! i'll post my friend code soon. I cant find any accesories for the thing yet cause they are so hard to find

PS3 units exchanged for Wii

Scalpers have been returning the machine in favour of Wii.

December 30, 2006 - In an interesting series of events, the highly touted PS3, of which people were willing to gun down innocent buyers just for the sake of stealing the beast, is being returning to stores across the United States in large volumes.

Ebay prices have plummeted, and people who intended to make a pretty profit on poor, desperate gamers' dollars have been hit hard it would seem. Further, it appears the focus has shifted to Wii, with many PS3 units being traded for Wii units.

The PS3, despite lacking in numbers everywhere, whether it be Japan or the US, is actually becoming readily available at retail channels. The Wii however is becoming harder and harder to find.

From http://aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=9210

It's true that the PS3 has been getting a lot of bad press since launch, but you have to remember one thing - this is Sony we're talking about.

They're not stupid & they know exactly what they're doing. The PS1 took a huge marketshare away from Nintendo, and we all know the story of dominance by the PS2.

I do feel that Sony might have put all of their ducks in one pond this time around and have taken a risky gamble (new format, high price point etc) but it ain't over yet.

Here's one edge they currently have over Nintendo - I could walk into a Walmart right now and buy a PS3. I was there last night and they had 6 of them in stock. No Wii's. Not even 5 games. They had the Classic Controller and that was it!

As the head of Nintendo America said, "The supply is the demand," so there you go.

Hilarious! I just checked eBay and I bet I could get a PS3 cheaper than an Xbox 360. Regardless of the bad rep it's getting, this system's specs give it some massive staying power. Let's say, even if HD-DVD wins the format war. Developers have Blu-ray as a massive storage space for game data. The only problem is it's generation one so it's sure to get better in years as far as size and specs go. Time will tell, but I have a feeling the Wii is Nintendo's guinea pig system and they'll give us a full HD system soon than Wii think.

Back
Top Bottom