• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Video Games

the 360 is the only system I am not remotely interested in at all,I got these for Christmas from the wife,in-laws,and myself:

PS3
Wii
Nintendo DS Lite
Sony PSP

now i have everything but the 360,I would like that system if it had HDMI outputs,you cant take advantage of hidef with damn component.

Yeah, it's not looking too bright. I still have a standard definition set and I can't read the text. It doesn't even have component hook-ups. I could try and pick-up an s-video cable, but I'm beginning to wonder if it would even be worth it. I've only had for an hour; I suck. :(

so is this right,the only outputs on the back are S-video and component,and if so how is that HiDef?
talking the 360 again.

Guys, guys, guys...

The 360 is an awesome system. Play Gears Of War, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Ghost Recon or Dead Rising and tell me the graphics aren't good.

There is more onboard video RAM than the PS3, or so I've heard, and games that are on both systems are almost indistinguishable.

The PS3 is going to have some great exclusives, as is the Wii, no doubt about it. They are awesome consoles, and as soon as I can get them I will.

The 360, which I've had for almost a year, is the reason I went out and bought an LCD TV. I game in 1080i, and it looks amazing. It also supports 1080p now, through a firmware upgrade.

The Xbox Live function is unparralleled. Yes, Nintendo has a wealth of 8/16/64 bit titles to release. Yes, Sony has online...somehow...even though the TECH demo of GTHD crashed the network...BUT! XBLA has a tonne of arcade ports from Frogger to Contra to Street Fighter II to Ultimate Mortal Kombat III to PAC-MAN etc...Also, it has a whack of new games developed just for the system, like Geometry Wars (gaming crack, I tell you) and Small Arms which is similar to Super Smash Brothers.

All systems have their strengths, which makes it so worth to have all three, if not two of them. Sony lost a lot of their exclusives like GTA and maybe even MGS now.

I'm not saying any of the systems suck AT ALL, I'm just saying that they all have their advantages.

The 360 does look crappy on a CRT TV compared to what it looks like in HD, but if you play in HD you can take advantage of 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i & 1080p - AND the Component cables come for free with the system, unlike Sony's or Nintendo's.

HDMI would be nice, but the 360 is no slouch.

When the price drops a bit DJ, you should spring for one because there are a lot of games I know you would enjoy, and Imp - sell some blood or something and get an LCD TV (mine was $1299 but I got it for $799 on sale for a 32") and you'll be amazed.

BTW DJ, some folks have figured out how to downgrade the PSP's firmware and run any PlayStation 1 game from the memory stick.

That's right - Symphony Of The Night, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, (hee hee) Parappa The Rapper, Metal Gear Solid...all in the palm of your cramped hands.

Only problem is that if you fuck up the process you can brick your PSP and have a sexy looking paperweight.

I also just got an emulator for my Xbox that will play all those same mentioned PS1 games,i am converting all my RE's,Silent Hills Etc. to bin\cue files for my xbox
damn I do LIKE the first Xbox,I can do ALL kinds of shit with it,and because of that i was able to box up almost ALL my old systems.

Well I'm still keeping the system. I was looking as the extras on the hdd and wmv doesn't look too bad. My only problem is with plasma and lcd TV's is I get massive eye strain and headaches from them after a time due to the florescent back lighting. I've read others have similar conditions; it's lot an allergy per see, but it does limit you to not-so-current technologies.

Let me know your Gamertag, Imp, so I can add you to my Friends' List.

Also, if anyone is interested, Best Buy has a bunch of Wii's on sale this Friday (Dec. 29th) - quantities are limited but delicious.

It'll be "casualimp" as well as my gamer tag. I've yet to pickup the wi-fi adapter for online play. I'm hoping to do so by next month. I'm still debating whether I want the accessories or the games. ;)

casualimp said:
It'll be "casualimp" as well as my gamer tag. I've yet to pickup the wi-fi adapter for online play. I'm hoping to do so by next month. I'm still debating whether I want the accessories or the games. ;)

How close is your 360 to your PC?

I just run an extra Cat-9 cable to the back of the 360, that way I don't have to worry about signal interuption with wireless.

I'm not Wi-Fi with the 360, in other words, and I saved myself $100 (although any USB Wi-Fi adapter would work on your network).

I don't have many accessories - headset, extra controller, remote...most of which was included in the Premuim Package.

I do, however, have a bunch of games. What kind of games are you into and maybe I can make some recommendations to you?

Micro$oft is starting to piss me off now. I wasn't aware you had to pay that much extra just to play online. Wii & PS3 won't be charging. WTF? Now my estimated cost (before buying a game) will be close to $700 because my TV is in the basement and my router is upstairs. Even if I had the system in my room (on my 17" CRT monitor) the router is still in another room. I could've bought a new PC for what I'm spending at this rate. Grumble...

casualimp said:
Micro$oft is starting to piss me off now. I wasn't aware you had to pay that much extra just to play online. Wii & PS3 won't be charging. WTF? Now my estimated cost (before buying a game) will be close to $700 because my TV is in the basement and my router is upstairs. Even if I had the system in my room (on my 17" CRT monitor) the router is still in another room. I could've bought a new PC for what I'm spending at this rate. Grumble...

Relax one second dude.

First, you can take advantage of all features (downloading, sys updates etc) with the exception of multiplayer for FREE.

Plus, here: http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10079197&catid=23562 you can get a year's subscription, the Video Camera, 200 Points and a free copy of Uno (don't laugh, it's good) for $89.99 which is a bargain - considering a year's subscription is $59.99, the camera is $49.99 and the 200 points is about $8.

Also, if you just want to try it out for free (the multiplayer aspect) let me know and I'll send you a couple of three month trial cards, if you want.

Trust me - it's only a matter of time before Sony starts charging for online. If they want to offer the feature set that Microsoft offers, and it's awesome, it's going to cost gamers.

No way can they offer music, movie and content download + multiplayer for free in the long term. Why do you think the console costs so much?

Okay... you're posting with your Wii... Wii get it. :D

I'm just blowin' off steam there Cassidy, and I appreciate your help and offer. Yeah, the Xbox vision looks like sweet deal (and I love Uno). Definitely worth looking into once the adapter is purchased.

casualimp said:
Okay... you're posting with your Wii... Wii get it. :D

I'm just blowin' off steam there Cassidy, and I appreciate your help and offer. Yeah, the Xbox vision looks like sweet deal (and I love Uno). Definitely worth looking into once the adapter is purchased.

I'm posting this from my PC...with a keyboard. :)

Imp, look around for the best deal on any USB wireless adapter. The Xbox branded one is nice, but expensive. I'm pretty sure you can do better.

Enjoy your new 360 - it really is a nice system. Let me know when you get some games. In the meantime, play Hexic HD - it's packed on the hard drive and it's really addictive.

Here's my Gamertag: TheCassidy

I hate it, but I couldn't come up with something cool like F6DfaSSassINl33k

I prefer my own "Wii" to the Nintendo one ;)

Here's something for your Wii...

leahabdenour001ox9.jpg

leahabdenour002tp0.jpg

leahabdenour003it9.jpg

leahabdenour004bv3.jpg

leahabdenour005yd5.jpg

leahabdenour006xh3.jpg

leahabdenour007uy8.jpg

leahabdenour008co1.jpg

leahabdenour009zd3.jpg

leahabdenour010si0.jpg

leahabdenour011hf9.jpg