• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Video Games

Chaltab said:
The image didn't show up, Imp.

Anyway, I finally picked up God of War on the PS2 this last Sunday, and it's a blast. I'm not quite sure I like it better than Resident Evil 4, but it's definitely worth the $20 it retails for now.

None of it will matter when Residen Evil V releases.

Have you guys heard how Capcom is marketing it? They're calling it Black Hawk Down with Zombies!

From what I've seen it takes place completely during daytime, and the longer you stay in the sun the more it affects your health (kind of like Lost Planet) so you basically have to run from cover to cover.

Of course, between covers you're in the blinding daylight so when you go into the darkness it takes a second to adjust - but it's too late because you can see what is waiting for you. It looks to amp up the paranoia factor, something I don't think the RE games get enough credit for.

They're always credited for their violence, but those game wage psychological warfare on gamers.

you guys know what game is awesome
Final Fantasy 12, my god the gameplay is unreal. this is seriously giving ff7 a run for its money.

I'm going for the wii in a couple of months. For me it's the best decision of the three. I don't have HD yet and won't for a while, I have two kids who play more than me and the idea of watching them go at it with the wii controllers sounds like a blast.

dork313 said:
I'm going for the wii in a couple of months. For me it's the best decision of the three. I don't have HD yet and won't for a while, I have two kids who play more than me and the idea of watching them go at it with the wii controllers sounds like a blast.

After watching random stangers enjoying the Wii at the mall, I'm inclined to think that Nintendo has a special, golden opportunity on their hands.

Plus, Super Mario Bros, Super Castlevania IV, R-Type, Toe-Jam & Earl and more are hitting the Virtual Console on Christmas Day.

I can't wait to get my hands on my Wii. :smile:

Yeah, I'm hoping to get a Wii as well before or in the new year. There was no point in getting the Xbox 360 as previously wanted because I'd just be downgrading my graphics making it wii-like without the innovative control.

One of my friends has one and he won't shut up about the new zelda.

According to http://www.wiichat.com here a listing of games that are expected for the console by q4 of 2007:

Total Game Count: 111
Total Exclusives: 60

Activision
-Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
-Spiderman
-Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
-Call of Duty 3

AQ Interactive
-Untitled Boxing Action Game
-Untitled Comic License Game

Atari
-Dragon Ball Z Budokai: Tenkaichi 2

Atlus
-Trauma Center: Second Opinion

Banpresto
-Family Action Game

Bob Ross Interactive LLC
-Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting

Buena Vista Games
-Disney's Chicken Little: Ace in Action
-Disney's Meet the Robinsons

Capcom
-Resident Evil

Cellien Studios
-Untitled Game

D3Publisher
-SIMPLE series
-Untitled Acton Game

Eidos
-Untitled Game

Electronic Arts
-Madden NFL '07
-Harry Potter Wii
-SSX Wii
-Tiger Woods PGA Tour
-The Godfather
-Medal of Honor Airborne
-Need for Speed: Carbon

Epoch
-Untitled Game

From Software
-Untitled Action Game

Genki
-Untitled Game

High Voltage Software
-Untitled Project

Hudson Soft
-Bombermanland
-Flight Game

Jaleco
-Untitled Game

Koei
-Sengoku Action

Konami Digital Entertainment
-Untitled Kojima Productions Game
-Elebits
-Untitled Soccer Game

LucasArts
-Untitled Game

Majesco
-Bust-A-Move Revolution

Marvelous Interactive
-Ranch Story
-Heroes (Grasshopper Manufacture)
-Legend of the River King
-Untitled Original Simulation Game

Mastiff
-Mr. D. Goes to Town

Midway Games
-Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
-The Ant Bully
-Happy Feet
-Blitz: The League
-Rampage: Total Destruction
-Unknown Game

Milestone
-Untitled Vertical Scrolling Shooter
-Untitled Action Game

MTO
-Untitled Character Action Game
-SAN-X All-Star Revolution

Namco Bandai Games
-Final Furlong
-Digimon
-SD Gundam G Breaker
-One Piece Unlimited Adventure
-Tamagotchi
-Dragon Ball Z: Sparking Neo
-Mobile Suit Gundam
-Untitled Action Game
-Untitled RPG
-Untitled Game

Natsume
-Harvest Moon (Marvelous)

Nibris
-Sadness

Nintendo
-Super Mario Galaxy
-Animal Crossing Wii
-Pokemon Battle Revolution
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl
-Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
-Mario Kart Wii
-Wii Sports
-Wii Music
-Donkey Kong
-Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
-Project H.A.M.M.E.R. (NST)
-Fire Emblem (Intelligent Systems)
-Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Retro Studios)
-ExciteTruck (Monster Games)
-Disaster: Day of Crisis (Monolith Software)
-Batallion Wars Online (Kuju Entertainment)
-Untitled Camelot RPG (Camelot Software Planning)
-Untitled Game (n-Space)
-Untitled Game (n-Space)

Sega
-Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz
-Sonic Wild Fire
-Bleach Wii

SNK
-Metal Slug Anthology

Spike
-Necro-Nesia
-Jawa

Square Enix
-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
-Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
-Motto! Mawasundaa!! (Taito)
-Cooking Mama: Cooking with International Friends (Taito)
-Densha de GO! (Taito)

Tecmo
-Super Swing Golf PANGYA (NTREEV Soft)

The Game Factory
-Untitled Game

THQ
-SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab (Blitz Games)
-Disney/Pixar Cars

Tomy
-Untitled Action Game
-Battle Action

Ubisoft
-Red Steel
-Rayman: Raving Rabbids
-Far Cry Wii
-GT Pro Series (MTO)
-Monster 4x4 World Circuit
-Prince of Persia
-Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
-Open Season
-Lost: The Game

Vivendi Universal Games
-Untitled Game

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
-Untitled Game

That Bob Ross game is in limbo for now. The people who own the rights took the liscense away from the people that would be developing it.

casualimp said:
According to http://www.wiichat.com here a listing of games that are expected for the console by q4 of 2007:

Quite the list. Nice to see EA pushing the boundaries with groundbreaking and innovative original ideas. :roll:

Any bets that the Eidos game is part of the Tomb Raider franchise?

I am getting more than a little tired with endless rehashes and yearly "updates." In the age where every console is connected to some form of online service, do we really need a new sports game from EA every year?

Yet again, the only games on that list that excite me are Nintendo's first party titles, which are consistently stellar.

Would be interesting to see what Capcom does for RE on the Wii though...

Too many "untitled" games. These could be real games, or they could be basically an 'interest' in developing games for the system, and not nessicaraly will release a game. But there are quite a few good games on this list, and I'd love to play them.

Number20 said:
Too many "untitled" games. These could be real games, or they could be basically an 'interest' in developing games for the system, and not nessicaraly will release a game. But there are quite a few good games on this list, and I'd love to play them.

Many games that are in development don't receive titles until even a year before release.

I'm guessing that the untitled games are based off of the reported business partnerships Nintendo inked with those companies when the Wii was announced.

Lucasarts has me interested. A lightsabre combat game is a given, but consider this: they are hard at work on a next...um, now-gen Indiana Jones game. I'm going to let that sink in for a second.

The Wii-mote would be awesome to use as a bullwhip, and the nunchuk as a gun.

However, as of now it's only announced for the 360 and PS3 - but they'd be stupid not to consider it.

damn the virtual console for the Wii is frigging excellent,thanks for the heads up Sean,we cant get enough Donkey Kong,and Wii Sports is damn cool too LOL,my 6 yr old and my wife and I cant get enough Bowling,and it was easy as hell to get the Wii and PS3 online,after they got online BOTH were way behind already in the firmware updates,now just waiting for Christmas to get Super Castlevania IV for the Wii,this should be very sweet,love the game music in this one,if I had to pick which Castlevanias was my ALL TIME best it would be this one hands down.
thanks again

Thanks DJ, now I want a Wii even more. :( Can't find one.

casualimp said:
Thanks DJ, now I want a Wii even more. :( Can't find one.

Yeah man, let me know if you ever find one! I got my 360 last January just by being in right place at the right time in the right Zellers. They had 2.

You can get 360's by the shit loads now. Hell, they're selling the pro bundle for $400 CND for boxing week. But do I want downscaled HD graphics on my 15 year old TV, or innovative play that'll look just fine? In know my answer. ;)

A friend of mine works for wal-mart in nashville and he said they got in 6 and they were gone within the hour. One to him of course.

just got Super Castlevania IV for the Wii on Christmas morning,damn that game is cool,brings back alot of memories,definitely one of my favs,now i need to go out and get another Wii points card LOL.

Well, my Christmas/Boxing day sale gift was an Xbox 360 (I can always get a Wii next year). Now I've got a shit load of accessories to buy and can't get games.

Back
Top Bottom