• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

True Detective (New HBO series)

Adabisi said:
I loved pretty much every second of this show right up to
Cohle's final monologue. Eight hours of one of the the most interesting, engaging, original characters ever put on screen was flushed down the tubes with some BS born-again, near-death experience nonsense.
I'm not so sure it was born again BS, I think it was the true Rust coming through, the side that can love and that he's buried deep within himself with his pessimism. I don't think it was simply the near death experience that did it. Rust was so ready to die, he even wanted to, I think. He thought he'd solve the murder, then leave this world. But in his coma, in his time for deep thought, it occurred to him that there was good in the world. He removed his mask. Remember Childress yelling "take off your mask"? Those go together I think.

Even still, it's one of the best shows I've ever seen. I'd hate to be an Emmy voter and have to choose between Cranston and McConaughey this year.
Well it's a good thing McConaughey will be competing in Miniseries Actor. Both can win!

So, who's doing the TV-to-movie edit on this one?
Not me, but I certainly hope someone does. Could be real cool.

Hmm, I watched the entire series, and I can't say I was ever really drawn in...okay, maybe the boobs in episode 2. Maybe it's just that I don't care for crime drama all that much, or character studies. I suppose Cohle's long monologues were supposed to be masterful or something, but I just felt they dragged on. Oh well, bring on Game of Thrones already!

My wife and I finished watching this last night. I can't remember the last time we "binged" on a show. It was compelling, very well acted, and surprisingly tense, even creepy at times, though we did figure out who the killer was. It was one of those, "Yeah... there's something fishy about him."

That one continuous shot was brilliant but I think I did spot at least one cut; it was hidden well though.

From what I read they shot it in such a way that they could cut it if they needed to, but it ended up being one continous take anyway.

Back
Top Bottom