• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

True Detective (New HBO series)

Wow just stumbled on this: http://www.dailydot.com/entertainment/true-detective-conversation-tumblr/

These are genius! Lmao at the gluten-free one.

Screen_Shot_2014-02-06_at_4.04.22_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2014-02-06_at_4.04.39_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2014-02-06_at_4.04.58_PM.png

Hours away from the new episode! Apparently things are going to pick up speed now.

tumblr_n0my6kbqgJ1ts8u03o2_500.png

tumblr_n0my6kbqgJ1ts8u03o1_500.png

tumblr_n0my6kbqgJ1ts8u03o3_500.png

tumblr_n0l9acNAyx1ts8u03o1_500.png

tumblr_n0l9acNAyx1ts8u03o2_500.png

tumblr_n0l9acNAyx1ts8u03o3_500.png

tumblr_n0hs8n9EWP1ts8u03o1_500.png

tumblr_n0hs8n9EWP1ts8u03o2_500.png

tumblr_n0hs8n9EWP1ts8u03o3_500.png

Wowza. Intense last 10 minutes. One long continous take, no cut aways! Crazy.

Cohle is a badass!

iWnDuYpaq00G9.gif

HOLY SHIT that long take. Incredible, never seen anything like that on TV before.

DominicCobb said:
HOLY SHIT that long take. Incredible, never seen anything like that on TV before.

i kno, rite?! Reminded me of some of the sequences in Children of Men

Gatos said:
i kno, rite?! Reminded me of some of the sequences in Children of Men
Yeah, me too. Actually, once it started to get crazy I noticed the that there were no cuts (like there would normally be). When the first guy was shot it reminded me of Children of Men, and that's when it really occurred to me that it was a long take. And then it kept going, and I was in serious awe.

This article about it's great:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1722001/true-detective-long-take.jhtml

Wow, another awesome episode. This is like watching a 480 minute movie unfold hour by hour.

O.k, I'm convinced. Time to start watching this show.

p.s, A friend of mine worked as a cinematographer on this one. So there you go. He is well known here for his work on two Australian movies, Animal Kingdom and Snowtown. Both very good, well worth checking out.

njvc said:
p.s, A friend of mine worked as a cinematographer on this one. So there you go. He is well known here for his work on two Australian movies, Animal Kingdom and Snowtown. Both very good, well worth checking out.
Are you saying you're friends with Adam Arkapaw?! That guy's brilliant, I love Animal Kingdom. He's working on a new Macbeth movie starring Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard.

Yeah, Adam is a close friend of my bandmate. Talented man!

Wow, that's really awesome. His work on True Detective is exceptional. He's going places.

Another reason I love this show, is just some of the acting choices and details:
So I don't know if this was in the script or it was a choice by McConaughey (apparently he added some stuff to the character of Cohle on his own), but I've noticed twice now Rust check's his pulse.

Once after Woody gets in his face about the comment on smelling like pussy:
pulse_check_1_small.gif

And the second time after Ginger and the bikers drop him off in the projects:
pulse_check_2.gif

On it's own it's not significant, but when you already have a well written character driven show, little details like that are kinda cool and just add to the atmosphere of the show.

Rustin Cohle's Hallucinations:

driving.gif
birds_2.gif

lightning.gif
sky.gif

Back
Top Bottom