• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Top Ten Movies

Duragizer said:
Not as controversial as mine.

1. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
  2. Batman: Under the Red Hood
  3. Batman
  4. Batman Returns
  5. Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero
  6. Batman Forever
  7. Batman Begins
  8. Gotham Knight
  9. The Dark Knight
  10. Batman & Robin

1. Batman: Under the Red Hood
  2. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
  3. Batman Returns
  4. Batman '89
  5. Batman Begins
  6. Dark Knight
  7. Batman v. Superman
  8. Lego Batman
  9. Batman Forever
  10. Dark Knight Rises

jrWHAG42 said:
The rankings get confusing when you include non theatrical animated films.

Not to mention including Lego Batman.

TVs Frink said:
jrWHAG42 said:

Not to mention including Lego Batman.

Someone before me mentioned it, and it reminded me that it exists. It is a theatrically released film starring Batman, so I count it, even though it's parody.

It's my second favorite movie from the... uh... Warner Bros LEGO Cinematic Universe, or whatever we call it.

Lego Ninjago > Lego Batman > Lego Movie

I'd put them in the exact opposite order lol.

It's not a fixed scale. They're all really close in terms of quality, I just like the appeal of ninjas more than LEGO Chris Pratt.

jrWHAG42 said:

Just be glad I didn't include the 1940s serials.

Duragizer said:
jrWHAG42 said:

Just be glad I didn't include the 1940s serials.

That would've made more sense!

giphy.gif

Neglify said:
You want to get nuts? Check out my bloated Batman ranking list. WTF, Batman v Superman > Batman Forever? I must be insane.

Hey why's The Batman vs. Dracula so low? That film was my childhood! Okay it was silly but it was far better than, say, Batman v Superman.

EDIT: Granted, it has been a long time since I've seen that film...

Neglify said:
You want to get nuts? Check out my bloated Batman ranking list. WTF, Batman v Superman > Batman Forever? I must be insane.

I can understand BvS > BF, but some of these placements are really odd to me, and some I haven't even seen.

For example, I did not like the Lego Batman nearly as much as everyone else seemed to, but it looks like I enjoyed Gotham by Gaslight way more than you did. And I have a huge problem with a third of the Killing Joke movie (the villain should have been Joker in the extra Batgirl stuff, imo, to actually tie it into THIS story, I have a whole spiel about it) and I'm a little butthurt they didn't do the flashback transitions "exactly" like the comics or like how it was in my head. I really enjoyed the animated Adam West films, haven't been able to get through any Batman Unlimited animated films, and really really dislike the mainline New 52 style movies. 

Obviously we agree on the important Bruce Timm movies (Joker Returns and Phantasm) being right up at the top with the best live action entries.

Thanks for posting that. I did want to get nuts.

Ok but what's addiesin's excuse?

TVs Frink said:

Never said I agree, just understand. And I know you're not serious, but here's a serious answer anyway. Those two films are so different, what one gets out of them is barely comparable, IMO. If one values an apple over an orange, I'm not the person to say they're wrong. I don't have much of an opinion about which is better, I don't value either very much at the moment. There are definitely films I feel way more strongly about, which I addressed.

addiesin said:
TVs Frink said:

Never said I agree, just understand. And I know you're not serious, but here's a serious answer anyway. Those two films are so different, what one gets out of them is barely comparable, IMO. If one values an apple over an orange, I'm not the person to say they're wrong. I don't have much of an opinion about which is better, I don't value either very much at the moment. There are definitely films I feel way more strongly about, which I addressed.

Apples are objectively better though.

Masirimso17 said:
Neglify said:

Hey why's The Batman vs. Dracula so low? That film was my childhood! Okay it was silly but it was far better than, say, Batman v Superman.

EDIT: Granted, it has been a long time since I've seen that film...

I was thinking the same thing.

Top 10 Disney Animated Films

1. Fantasia
2. Pinocchio
3. Sleeping Beauty
4. Lion King
5. Bambi
6. Lady and the Tramp
7. Jungle Book
8. Hunchback of Notre Dame
9. Alice in Wonderland
10. Wreck-It-Ralph