• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Thunderbirds: trapped in the sky: International Rescue edition

wilhelm scream said:
well I have to make version 5!

Yes but before starting on V5, please share some info about your project settings.

version 5 is now finished. I have made 2 versions, a 16:9 version and a 4:3 version. just have to find time to upload them to Mega due to ridiculously large file sizes (5.35GB)!

wilhelm scream said:
version 5 is now finished. I have made 2 versions, a 16:9 version and a 4:3 version. just have to find time to upload them to Mega due to ridiculously large file sizes (5.35GB)!

Before anybody previews this latest version, you need to properly answer the questions that have been asked about your source and project settings earlier in this thread...

reave said:
What source are you using?

TM2YC said:
What framerate is your source? First you were using 29.97fps (progressive), now this latest version is 25fps (Interlaced). No matter what setting I choose in VLC-media-player I can't make it play without heavy ghosting or combing. Are you working from a PAL-DVD, or an NTSC-DVD?

TM2YC said:
please share some info about your project settings.

TV's Frink said:
the staff would like to know what source you are using. You were asked this nearly a year ago with no response.

The 16:9 version is 25 frames per second because PAL widescreen is wider that NTSC widescreen. The 4:3 version is 23.76 frames per second in because it's wider than 25 frames per second in 4:3. The reason the video quality is bad is because the DVD is old, but I turned off the interlacing on Sony Vegas so it should look a bit better now. When I have uploaded it to Mega, I will take a break from this project (regardless if it's approved or not) and do a Doctor Who story and Highlander 2 before doing the next Thunderbirds project !

Aspect ratio and frame rate have nothing to do with each other.

wilhelm scream said:
The 16:9 version is 25 frames per second because PAL widescreen is wider that NTSC widescreen. The 4:3 version is 23.76 frames per second in because it's wider than 25 frames per second in 4:3. The reason the video quality is bad is because the DVD is old, but I turned off the interlacing on Sony Vegas so it should look a bit better now.

^ I can't make sense of many things in this paragraph... I've tried. Let's do this another way and I'll ask some specific questions. Please answer them all individually...

1. What is your original physical disc, is it a PAL or NTSC DVD? (An Amazon link might also help)

2. What program are you editing this in?

3. What is the framerate, aspect-ratio and pixel-aspect-ratio of your source file (The file you ripped from the DVD)?

4. What is the framerate, aspect-ratio and pixel-aspect-ratio of your project timeline?

4. What is the framerate, aspect-ratio and pixel-aspect-ratio of your finished rendered file?

Good news! I found a good and free DVD file converter today, so the edit will be in much better quality than the previous 4 versions combined! It should probably take at least a month to make version 5, but at this point I don't care and I just want to have this edit finished and approved already! should be done by Christmas!

TM2YC said:
^ I can't make sense of many things in this paragraph... I've tried. Let's do this another way and I'll ask some specific questions. Please answer them all individually...

1. What is your original physical disc, is it a PAL or NTSC DVD? (An Amazon link might also help)

2. What program are you editing this in?

3. What is the framerate, aspect-ratio and pixel-aspect-ratio of your source file (The file you ripped from the DVD)?

4. What is the framerate, aspect-ratio and pixel-aspect-ratio of your project timeline?

4. What is the framerate, aspect-ratio and pixel-aspect-ratio of your finished rendered file?

Why didn't you answer ANY of these questions?

bad news! I just discovered that I am quite busy for the next few months so I don't think the edit will be done by Christmas. I will try to post a clip before Christmas though.

Maybe by Christmas you'll have answered the simple, specific questions the admins keep asking you. I'll wait with bated breath.

Nah. I'm locking this until some questions are answered.

Back
Top Bottom