• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Thunderbirds: trapped in the sky: International Rescue edition

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
^ I can't make sense of many things in this paragraph... I've tried. Let's do this another way and I'll ask some specific questions. Please answer them all individually...

1. What is your original physical disc, is it a PAL or NTSC DVD? (An Amazon link might also help)

2. What program are you editing this in?

3. What is the framerate, aspect-ratio and pixel-aspect-ratio of your source file (The file you ripped from the DVD)?

4. What is the framerate, aspect-ratio and pixel-aspect-ratio of your project timeline?

4. What is the framerate, aspect-ratio and pixel-aspect-ratio of your finished rendered file?

wilhelm, I see you just submitted this edit for approval. I am unilaterally rejecting your submission and notifying the Academy to not review this until you answer the questions posed to you. This thread will remain ITW for now, but if you don't answer the questions, and quick, I'm going to lock and archive this thread.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread reopened upon request.  More questions are coming - I highly recommend you answer them this time.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"wilhelm scream" You've fully answered only 2 of my questions so far....

Q. What is your original physical disc, is it a PAL or NTSC DVD?
A. PAL DVD

Good that seems clear.

Q. What program are you editing this in?
A. Sony Vegas

Good. I use Vegas too, so that'll make it easy to help you.

The other 3 questions lack some detail in your answers...

Q. What is the framerate, aspect-ratio and pixel-aspect-ratio of your source file (The file you ripped from the DVD)?
A. 25fps, 4:3, and 720x560

These answers need more clarification. It's 25fps okay, but is that progressive, or something else? 4:3 is a bit vague but you say the aspect-ratio is 720x560. That is not the correct aspect ratio of a 4:3 PAL DVD. You didn't actually answer what the "pixel-aspect-ratio" was. Drop your source into Vegas and look in the "pixel-aspect-ratio" box in the Vegas Project-properties menu and tell me what it says. Better still, take a screengrab of Project-properties like this...

27607410822_21e6972e11_o.jpg

Then please give the same detailed answers about your project settings and then about your rendered file.

Another part of my questions you didn't respond to is "An Amazon link might also help". What precisely is your source DVD/Blu-Ray and please link to it on Amazon. Thanks.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
@"wilhelm scream" You've fully answered only 2 of my questions so far....

Q. What is your original physical disc, is it a PAL or NTSC DVD?
A. PAL DVD

Good that seems clear.

Q. What program are you editing this in?
A. Sony Vegas

Good. I use Vegas too, so that'll make it easy to help you.

The other 3 questions lack some detail in your answers...

Q. What is the framerate, aspect-ratio and pixel-aspect-ratio of your source file (The file you ripped from the DVD)?
A. 25fps, 4:3, and 720x560

These answers need more clarification. It's 25fps okay, but is that progressive, or something else? 4:3 is a bit vague but you say the aspect-ratio is 720x560. That is not the correct aspect ratio of a 4:3 PAL DVD. You didn't actually answer what the "pixel-aspect-ratio" was. Drop your source into Vegas and look in the "pixel-aspect-ratio" box in the Vegas Project-properties menu and tell me what it says. Better still, take a screengrab of Project-properties like this...

Then please give the same detailed answers about your project settings and then about your rendered file.

Another part of my questions you didn't respond to is "An Amazon link might also help". What precisely is your source DVD/Blu-Ray and please link to it on Amazon. Thanks.

I can't answer the technical questions because I no longer have the original source file. Also, why do you need to know the technical details anyway? You haven't even seen the new, updated edit!. but, here is the link to the DVD I am using: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thunderbi...147497?hash=item464f008f69:g:jgIAAOSwRH5XKAq1

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ That's not a good enough answer and you know it. You either didn't read my post, or you are deliberately ignoring it. Re-read what I said and answer the questions I asked please. This thread will be re-locked very soon, if you keep refusing to help us, to help you.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why don't you have the original source file anymore?  That is a really poor decision if you did that on purpose because that means you can't make any more changes to the edit....the edit which is not approved and may require changes in order to get approved.  Furthermore, if you are using the DVD, you can re-rip it.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
Why don't you have the original source file anymore?  That is a really poor decision if you did that on purpose because that means you can't make any more changes to the edit....the edit which is not approved and may require changes in order to get approved.  Furthermore, if you are using the DVD, you can re-rip it.

Turns out I did have the original source file, I just put it in the recycling bin. Anyway, the pixel aspect ratio is 720x576x16

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wilhelm scream said:
Turns out I did have the original source file, I just put it in the recycling bin.

Oh good, so you shouldn't need to keep ignoring my above two posts for much longer then.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The project timeline pixel-aspect-ratio is 720x576x16 and my rendered file is 720x576x16.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
a depth of 16 pixels? that'll be a fanediting first!  :D

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You've had more than 2 days to answer all my questions. I cannot understand why you continue to refuse to answer? The purpose of the questions is to get answers that can be used to help you!

This thread can stay open for another 24hrs (That leaves you all of Sunday to think it over) and if there still aren't any answers, it's getting locked again, so everybody's time can't be wasted any further.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
You've had more than 2 days to answer all my questions. I cannot understand why you continue to refuse to answer? The purpose of the questions is to get answers that can be used to help you!

This thread can stay open for another 24hrs (That leaves you all of Sunday to think it over) and if there still aren't any answers, it's getting locked again, so everybody's time can't be wasted any further.

What questions!?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wilhelm scream said:
What questions!?

Obviously me re-posting the questions is pointless, as I've tried that many times before. So here is how you go about answering the questions...

1. Read all my questions I asked on the last page in that long list.
2. Read the couple of answers you gave.
3. Compare your answers with the questions and check for differences and omissions.
4. Answer the questions for which you haven't provided answers.

Simple.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[font=Raleway, sans-serif]1. What is your original physical disc, is it a PAL or NTSC DVD? (An Amazon link might also help)[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]2. What program are you editing this in?[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]3. What is the framerate, aspect-ratio and pixel-aspect-ratio of your source file (The file you ripped from the DVD)?[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]4. What is the framerate, aspect-ratio and pixel-aspect-ratio of your project timeline?[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]5. What is the framerate, aspect-ratio and pixel-aspect-ratio of your finished rendered file?[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]1: PAL[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]2: Sony Vegas[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]3: [font=Raleway, sans-serif]25fps, 4:3, and 720x560x16[/font][/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif][font=Raleway, sans-serif]4: [font=Raleway, sans-serif][font=Raleway, sans-serif]25fps, 4:3, and 720x560x16[/font][/font][/font][/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif][font=Raleway, sans-serif][font=Raleway, sans-serif][font=Raleway, sans-serif]5: [font=Raleway, sans-serif][font=Raleway, sans-serif]25fps, 4:3, and 720x560x16[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif][font=Raleway, sans-serif][font=Raleway, sans-serif][font=Raleway, sans-serif][font=Raleway, sans-serif][font=Raleway, sans-serif]Quick question, why do you need to know the technical aspects anyway? You haven't even sen the new, updated edit yet![/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Read it again.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wilhelm scream said:
TM2YC said:
Read it again.

I have, and I have done what you asked!

So you have read and answered these questions then...?

TM2YC said:
These answers need more clarification.

It's 25fps okay, but is that progressive, or something else?

You didn't actually answer what the "pixel-aspect-ratio" was. Drop your source into Vegas and look in the "pixel-aspect-ratio" box in the Vegas Project-properties menu and tell me what it says. Better still, take a screengrab of Project-properties like this...

I've gone to the trouble of posting a screengrab to help explain how you can answers the questions and you've still ignored it.

Top Bottom