• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The War Of The Stars: A New Hope Grindhoused

auximenies said:
I loved the Darth Vader treatment, both audio and visual. Not all the lines worked, but there were enough to make me chuckle.
I loved "Address me as Lord Vader!" What was that from? :wat:

I just noticed that this edit has made it to the greatest list Congrats! I told ya so! ;) Having said that, I'm still kinda surprised that the clean version of the silent film editions are still rated higher than the "dusties." Should be the other way around, I think.

Ripplin said:
auximenies said:
I loved the Darth Vader treatment, both audio and visual. Not all the lines worked, but there were enough to make me chuckle.
I loved "Address me as Lord Vader!" What was that from? :wat:
I think that was from The Making of Star Wars and he was speaking to C-3PO, but i could be wrong.

Ripplin said:
I just noticed that this edit has made it to the greatest list Congrats! I told ya so! ;) Having said that, I'm still kinda surprised that the clean version of the silent film editions are still rated higher than the "dusties." Should be the other way around, I think.
IIRC, the clean versions had fanedit.org pages before the dusties did. Could it be that votes for either were lumped together, under the clean versions?

auximenies said:
Ripplin said:
IIRC, the clean versions had fanedit.org pages before the dusties did. Could it be that votes for either were lumped together, under the clean versions?
No, they all have their own pages with their own ratings. It doesn't matter, I just think it's funny.

I loved "Address me as Lord Vader!" What was that from?
As far as I remember it's from the VHS video board play.

I like it when people call him "sir" in the movies, too. Only happens a few times. It just doesn't seem right! Haha.

Ripplin said:
auximenies said:
Ripplin said:
No, they all have their own pages with their own ratings. It doesn't matter, I just think it's funny.

The Star Wars "30's serial Dusty" versions have been a great succes via torrent (mostly at demonoid where I kept the torrent alive for some months), but really not that much through rapidshare.

Watching this did bring a big smile to my face (I think I nearly drowned in coffee when Carrie handed Mark a beer before take off which actually made sense in the context of this edit).

I voiced my hope for a Mk II version on OT.com and I repeat it here because as good as this is it could be made even better (if that is the right term).

Along with suggestions mentioned on another place of a cheesy voice over on the crawl and OTT colorization of the monochrome footage (and Sybil Danning's boobs...honestly grindhouse without boobs?) if the dark side makes your eyes glow red (it's an idea so wacky George should have used it in the prequels...mmm) couldn't Ben's eyes glow blue when he is doing the mind trick? (red bad blue good geddit?).

How about the Space Supremes from Galactica doing BV's during the cantina scene (worth the getting this edit for on it's own)?

A bit of Pink Five would possibly be a cool too, Stacy wouldn't be out of place in Deathrace 2000 so why not in a grindhouse Star Wars?

When "Your foul stench" was removed from the Alderaan scene I was sure it would end up in the trash compactor.

Missed the Dianoga (I was expecting a full on octopus or maybe a shark...there was a popular film around at the time with a shark as I recall).

It's a difficult balancing act because for all the fun there is sometimes more pathos in this edit than in the actual film, sure it's cheese flavoured pathos but it's hard not to feel for this version of Luke, he isn't that special, no heroic dad to look up to and Han pretty much steals his most heroic moments and while it's tempting it shouldn't become a spoof as such.

Any road up a really great project packed with so many great moments and some very cool extras.

I know half a dozen people who will really enjoy this too so I intend to spread the joy of this around.

I look forward to the next grindings with much interest.

How about a blaxploitation version of Close Encounters?

Bingowings said:
A bit of Pink Five would possibly be a cool too
And I didn't even like "Troops" being in it. To each his own, I guess. :p I see so many new suggestions that I think if too many were implemented, it would cease to become funny and just become a mess.

I've only seen the first 15 minutes or so, and I absolutely love it! The added Vader stuff is funny as hell, the blood is super-bad (in the best way).

I unrared, deleted the rars and started to copy the folder from one harddrive to another when the computer just froze and I had to reboot. The second vob-file was corrupted and can't be copied again. I'm re-downloading the whole thing again without hesitation, as I'm dying to see it in all it's glory. Also, I'm never deleting rars again until it's totally safe to do so. :D

emphatic said:
Also, I'm never deleting rars again until it's totally safe to do so. :D
I always hang onto the rars until I've put the disc into my player to make sure it works. It doubles the space used on my HD, but it also gives me an incentive to burn the darn thing instead of just letting it sit there ;)

TV's Frink said:
emphatic said:
I always hang onto the rars until I've put the disc into my player to make sure it works.
Same here. Woo! I usually burn, check right away, then delete. If not, I usually have enough space to hang on to them for a while anyway.

Ripplin said:
TV's Frink said:
emphatic said:
I always hang onto the rars until I've put the disc into my player to make sure it works.
Same here. Woo! I usually burn, check right away, then delete. If not, I usually have enough space to hang on to them for a while anyway.

I have a HTPC, so I never burn anything anymore. :p I know that HDDs can fail, but so can DVD-Rs.

Why complain, TMBTM did exactly what he did to Jaws? created a new take on classic film
Congrats ;) Slight complaints? it's the Grindhoused version?
I'd go 11/10 too, whats next m8?
oh yeah king kong, ill be watching ;)

Imagine if you will, two talented editors.

The first, Adywan, takes the Star Wars Special Edition and actually makes it special. With the input and support of many others, he fixes color issues, cuts out misplaced humor, re-edits scenes, adds FX, and gives Star Wars fans a new experience to treasure for a lifetime.

The second, The Man Behind The Mask, is approached by film producer I.M. boon with a difficult task - to improve the original Star Wars. On a shoestring budget and with an insane deadline, TMBTM must fix Star Wars so it can be re-released for mass consumption on boon's extremely profitable website FE.org. boon requests that TMBTM use an old faded and scratched print of the original movie, as he claims he cannot afford to acquire the 2004 DVD. TMBTM is asked to add better music, add blood, fix Vader and R2, and put scenes back into the film that should never have been removed.

Working alone, TMBTM does his best, and boon declares on his website that it is the best version of Star Wars that ever was or will be. He even goes so far as to claim that after seeing his version, no one will ever watch Adywan's version again.

Imagine boon's shock and horror when he learns that people love the film, but for all the wrong reasons. They chuckle at the blood. They laugh at Vader and R2. They giggle at the music. They ridicule the film quality. They shake their heads at the usage of a fan film and an interactive VHS game. The film is an unmitigated failure, boon is ruined, and TMBTM goes back to working on horror films.

In truth, TMBTM is a brilliant faneditor. This movie worked for me on so many levels, I can see watching this many times in the future. I especially loved the music choices and the new Vader, as well as the twists at the end. I find myself thinking of this as an Intentional Unintentional Comedy. My only disappointment is that the ending implies we won't ever get to see The Striking Back of the Empire...but I say it has to be done. I'm sure a solution could be found - death doesn't mean anything in a soap opera. Let's see it, TMBTM!

Thanks for this. 10/10

TV's Frink said:
I'm sure a solution could be found
Yes, indeed, there's one. :smile:
But I don't want to edit something SW related anytime soon.
And the "grindhouse" idea would get a little old if I make a third movie.
A double feature JAWS/SW is good enough for now.
But I guess "THE EMPIRE WANTS MORE: direct to video edition" would be fun :razz:

I'm glad more people are hoping you do a grindhouse ESB someday. No rush, but yeah, I'm very glad you're considering it! :)

I just posted my review yesterday but wanted to follow up in the thread and show my appreciation for this work of genius. Every decision you made, I really enjoyed. You executed everything perfectly.

I literally can't wait until your next edit and hope you continue the grindhouse type movies.

I do hope we'll see another Star Wars film (Empire?) grindhouse out of you eventually :)

Phod said:
I do hope we'll see another Star Wars film (Empire?) grindhouse out of you eventually :)
Maybe, just maybe: a "Star Wars 5 - direct to video - VHS edition" could be fun without beeing extactely a "grindhouse" edit.
But not for now.
Thank you anyway. Glad you liked TWOTS. :)

EDIT: you still have "JAWS: the sharksploitation edit", if you did not see it already.

Of course I've seen it, also brilliant.

Definitely looking forward to more "traditional" edits from you as well but I really enjoy your creativity in these grindhouse/exploitation edits and certainly hope you will add more to your collection.

Back
Top Bottom