• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The War Of The Stars: A New Hope Grindhoused

TMBTM said:
Yeah, this came to mind back in the day but I usualy don't like the thoughts of reworking on my projects.

Funny thing: I just found a fun blog called http://makeminecriterion.wordpress.com
Where you can find imagined Criterion discs and a double Grindhouse version of my edit is mentioned.
http://makeminecriterion.wordpress....indhouse-fanedits-by-the-man-behind-the-mask/
There is also a nice read about The War of the star and Jaws The sharksploitation edit:
http://makeminecriterion.wordpress....george-lucasthe-man-behind-the-mask-19772010/

http://makeminecriterion.wordpress....ergthe-man-behind-the-mask-19752009/#comments

That is awesome! :)

This edit is temporary unavailable.
Should be back soon.

This edit is available again at MEGA.

Watched this edit, this one I recommend as well, but I prefer the second part, details are in the Ifdb-review.

Cool, thanks.

Just a little side note:
I did not really downgrade the quality to make it grindhouse. I used the preservation of a 16mm print (known as the Puggo Grande) made by a guy named Puggo (he's at originaltrilogy.com). I only "downgraded" some of the added scenes to make them look a bit more like this 16mm print.
The burning real effect was added by me. It's not on the Puggo Grande. (It's a kind of a "grindhouse trademark" that I also used in my Jaws edit.)

And you're right: one of the goal was to make it an even more standalone movie than the original;
So why make a second part?
1: because after the success of this edit everyone asked for a second. lol
2: because with all the new deleted scenes available at the moment I had more creative tools to play with and make something bigger in scale than the first one. (call it the Lucas syndrom!)

This fanedit and its sequel can be seen in streaming at veoh.vom (while it's still up...)

See more on my blog

And videos down... took 48 hours..
Anyway they are still available at fanedit.info

FWIW, I've been hosting Pulp Empire on Vimeo for months now, broken up into chapters. Maybe try that?

njvc said:
FWIW, I've been hosting Pulp Empire on Vimeo for months now, broken up into chapters. Maybe try that?

I did not want to make several parts, but I'll look into that option for sure.

I've had my edits on Vimeo in just two parts with no trouble.

TV's Frink said:
I've had my edits on Vimeo in just two parts with no trouble.

Just done it for The War of the Stars.
First part stayed for a full week without trouble, and second part is now up.
(go to my blog if interested: main page right now, or go to "fanedits" and scroll down to the edit)

(So as the free upload is 500 M per week, I should have The Future in Motion up in two weeks.
("It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock n' roll...")

The War of the Stars: A New Hope Grindhoused is now watchable at VIMEO as a single video.
It was previously released in 2010 in DVD (still available at fandit.info, as far as I know) and in 2015 as a 2 parts VIMEO video.
It is now released as a single video with better quality.

Check my blog to see it
and check IFDB for more detail about this fanedit.

Vultural said:
Is this better quality than your DVD version?

Of course not, nothing can be better quality than my original DVD version.
But it should better than the 2 parts version previously uploaded at vimeo. Those were less than 500M each.
Today I uploaded a 3.8G version (done directly from the DVD) at vimeo. So it's the best streaming quality available.

TMBTM said:
Of course not, nothing can be better quality than my original DVD version.

Someone send this quote to Lucas please.

Impressive. Most impressive. Just watched The War of the Stars, and I gotta say, I really didn't expect all of that. Some parts were really funny as well. But the editing is amazing, really gets that grindhouse feel and look. I didn't much care for Vader's changed lines though. Except when he calls the fighter an SOB, that was hilarious. Great work, best fan edit I've seen yet!

Thanks for the kind words @"The_Doctor"

Back
Top Bottom