• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

The War Of The Stars: A New Hope Grindhoused

That's probably a stupid question, but what killing did R2 refer to in the (almost) final scene?

higgins said:
That's probably a stupid question, but what killing did R2 refer to in the (almost) final scene?

You fell asleep when Luke killed Biggs? ;)
Okay, he was controled by Vader at this point, but there's no way R2 could guess that.

Ah, I thought R2 meant Han as he was shown biting the medal right before that line... that's what made it confusing.

Great edit, btw! Definitely my favourite SW flick! :)

Only a few minor complaints:
- Vader's voice pitch radically changing in the same scene when other clips was used
- I didn't dig the black and white in the cantina scene, but that was to unify colour schemes, I guess

Other notions:
- R2 rocks more than ever
- Obi-Wan's new death was awesome
- "Now they will learn why they fear the night."
- the restored DVD looks shockingly crisp after seeing your edit (can't even imagine what a comparison with a blu-ray would be)

- The Vader alternate lines were indeed quite hard to used. I tried to change the pitch when it could be done, but most of the time it made the voice sounding nothing like Jame Earl Jones. So I prefered to keep the voice the closer to the source, even if some are from younger or older James Earl Jones (and with various quality).
- And yes, the alternate and additional Star Wars footages for the cantina scene were black and white.

works fine for me, way I see it is the actor figured he's be making this non serious role, so why not try a few different voices.

A bit like how Halle Berry drops her fake african accent after the first X-men movie.

Omaru1982 said:
A bit like how Halle Berry drops her fake african accent after the first X-men movie.

Or Golic's accent's in alien 3

One more question. Where was this storm troopers busting jawas scene taken from? It was in a totally different key compared to the rest of the movie.

Yep, some people complained about me using this footage because the tone is so different (I can understand that).
It is part of the fan made short movie "Troops" (a parody of the "Cops" tv program):

Obi-Won's line about Mos Eisley was hilarious. That alone makes this worth watching over and over again!

Nice find AvP! And always Mask, highly deserved accolades .

"A rouge film editor and Star Wars fan by the name of The Man Behind The Mask put together a fan edit of A New Hope titled The War of the Stars."

Rouge? He wasn't even green anymore when he made it. ;)

Yeah, I saw that article, pretty cool. Thx for posting it AVP!

Congrats on this being a nominee for best true fanedit of 2010. How do they pick a winner, anyway? I can't find much info. Who can vote? When will that be?

Ripplin said:
How do they pick a winner, anyway? I can't find much info. Who can vote? When will that be?
It's a complicated formula:

Admin or mod edit = 100 points
Bribe = 1 point per dollar
Attractive lady on the cover art = 10 points
Version 1 of edit = 10 points
Version 2 of edit = -10 points
Version 3 of edit = -1000 points
Star Wars edit = -5 points
Frink edit = 2000 points

Sum it all up, most points wins!

So, I'm guessing that the cover of the Ridiculous Menace will have a scantly clad image of Natalie Portman, perhaps from Closer as the main image, and will have 4 versions, just to ensure victory.

L8wrtr said:
So, I'm guessing that the cover of the Ridiculous Menace will have a scantly clad image of Natalie Portman, perhaps from Closer as the main image, and will have 4 versions, just to ensure victory.
Oh, I forgot to mention 4+ versions = -10,000 points :p

User SSJ made some added subtitles for this fanedit (mostly R2-D2, chewie, and some comments from time to time all along the edit). Calling it "the grindhouse Hack".
You should now find those subtiles in .srt and .ass form (as well as a Star Warsish font) inside the dlc's .rar of the AVI version, on FE.info.
A txt file explaining SSJ 's thoughts are also inside this .rar
(I'll add some info about it on the fanedit page in the following days).

Back
Top Bottom