• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Unofficial Official Newbie Welcome Thread

Hey guys

New member and already dying to see what you guys have in store.
I am particularly interested in what sounds like a magnificent version of The Godfather Saga.
Just need to find my way around a bit. But love the central idea behind this site and all who are on it.
As a movie lover, I know I'm going to love it here.

As a fellow cinephile myself, I welcome thee! Enjoy your time here, and I hope to see you around!

Hey guys

New member and already dying to see what you guys have in store.
I am particularly interested in what sounds like a magnificent version of The Godfather Saga.
Just need to find my way around a bit. But love the central idea behind this site and all who are on it.
As a movie lover, I know I'm going to love it here.
@Wraith has created the most complete versions of the Godfather there are. You can pull up his catalogue on our IFDB page. Welcome and enjoy your time here!

Hi,

I'e already posted a few reviews here, but didn't take a proper look yet at the forum. Guess I should post something here, being a newbie.

I've been working for local television for quite a few years, editing commercials and short documentaries. I think is was in 2015 that I started my first fan-edit, but it wasn't until last year that I discovered there was actually a whole online community of people, as obsessed as I am to fix movies that could have been better.

So I'm very happy to have found this community. I've just finished a version of '2001: A Space Odyssey' with the music Alex North composed for it, and I'm also working on edits of Mortal Engines and Hugo. I'd be happy to share them with you soon.

The last couple of weeks I enjoyed fan-edits of The Living Daylights, Dick Tracy and Wonder Woman '84, all of them improvements on the originals, and now about to watch 'The Shadow Knows', which is probably almost identical to a fan-edit I did last year :)
And now you have released your awesome 2001 edit! Welcome.

Artis and others:

I reached out to Wraith and I'm halfway through his Don Vito Opus.

It is the best version of the story I've ever seen. Ever.

I cannot wait to review this and his follow up, the Michael Opus.

So far, this is - hands down - the definitive way to watch the Vito story.

Let @Wraith know. He worked very hard on those. He'll appreciate the kind words.

Last edited:
Howdy y'all. I'm extremely new to fan-editing, but I've had a dream of creating them ever since I saw Adywan's Revisited back in 2010/2011. I'm currently trying to make a "Shadows Edition" of The Dark Knight based on the Telltale games and have been posting about it on r/fanedits. I guess it would be filed under special projects, but I have ideas for other projects which will involve genuine editing. I'm super excited to finally fulfill my dream of being a fan editor and joining the community.

You can check out my work on r/fanedits under the name u/korach1921 (I see I'm not allowed to post links here)

Welcome! Feel free to start a project thread here for your project. I'm sure there are community members here that would be interested in learning about your edit.

Welcome! Feel free to start a project thread here for your project. I'm sure there are community members here that would be interested in learning about your edit.
I'm essentially giving the film a noir vibe by making it monochrome, but adding a twist by isolating, rotoscoping, and tracking color elements to pop, fit aesthetically, or improve the narrative (i.e. Joker's makeup, the clown masks, the yellow school bus that crashes into the bank, the computer monitors, televisions, Bruce's red motorbike, the firetruck on fire, Harvey's burnt face, etc). Almost every scene I've worked on so far has one or more color elements, but I'm in the very early stages and have only just started developing my sense for what should be isolated. I'm also essentially teaching myself how to use Davinci Resolve and am learning as I go along.

Oh wait, you mean post a separate thread in the general discussion forum

Give a very thorough description of your intention and your changelist. Bait us and hook us!

Give a very thorough description of your intention and your changelist. Bait us and hook us!
It's posted. It might not be a great description cause I've come down with a really bad cold in the past few days and my brain's a bit foggy lol 😅

#staff
Welcome to all our new members of late. One thing that we've noticed is that there has been an uptick in users asking for links publicly. This breaks our forum conduct rules. Please, all new and existing community members, take a moment to review our forum guidelines. It's a quick read and helps everyone get what they're looking for and the forums to run smoothly.
If you ever have a question about rules, please reach out to a staff member.

Thank you all for being a part of our community and sharing your unique ideas, takes and visions on fanediting!

Hi folks, Newbie here. I have been making my own fan edits over the last 5 or so years from my own personal DVD/Bluray collection and then realized there was a site where other fan editors could meet and chat about their work. So here I am! I love to edit so re-cutting some of my favorite movies is quite fun to me. As I have been roaming around, I have seen some interesting titles and in awe of how others have done their own fan edits. I am particularly interested to check out the Godfather Saga I saw posted, and maybe to see how the James Bond re-cuts are - for starters. All in good time, though. I have more to take in before I get to the Trade & Request part and I have to make sure my edits meet the rules (I am pretty sure they do as I do everything from my DVD or bluray collection). Am I allowed to share some movie titles I have done re-cuts on here, or do I have to keep that to myself and do them by submission only? Just was interested to share the film titles I have done so far and will be working on in the near future. Hope you all are doing well this holiday season! -- Greenie007 :cool:

Hi folks, Newbie here. I have been making my own fan edits over the last 5 or so years from my own personal DVD/Bluray collection and then realized there was a site where other fan editors could meet and chat about their work. So here I am! I love to edit so re-cutting some of my favorite movies is quite fun to me. As I have been roaming around, I have seen some interesting titles and in awe of how others have done their own fan edits. I am particularly interested to check out the Godfather Saga I saw posted, and maybe to see how the James Bond re-cuts are - for starters. All in good time, though. I have more to take in before I get to the Trade & Request part and I have to make sure my edits meet the rules (I am pretty sure they do as I do everything from my DVD or bluray collection). Am I allowed to share some movie titles I have done re-cuts on here, or do I have to keep that to myself and do them by submission only? Just was interested to share the film titles I have done so far and will be working on in the near future. Hope you all are doing well this holiday season! -- Greenie007 :cool:
Hi Greenie007, welcome to fanedit.org! The best way to share your work is to create an ITW thread. Unapproved editors are limited to 2 active ITW projects. You can also share ideas in an ideas thread. Edits can be submitted to the academy for review. When edits meet IFDB standards they are approved and a community member becomes an approved editor and can submit their edits without review. While you can, and are encouraged to, post examples of your editing, we do not allow direct links in the forums or requests outside of the trades and Requests subforum. If you have any questions about our rules, especially the own the source rule, please reach out via PM to staff. Again, welcome!

Hello.
New around here. I’ve been aware of this place for a long time and visited briefly a few times over the years but only just got my toes wet. Thinking about making more of a dive now. There seems to be a lot of really interesting things going on. I’m a fan of Blade Runner, Watchmen, The Godfather, Brazil, Ghost in the Shell to name a few and that alone should make me busy for a while, I guess. I’ve only just sampled a few bits here and there but I’m really impressed by the overall level of professionalism. Puts my own little endeavours to shame really.

I’ve been doing video edits for some five, six years now. A happy amateur and absolute beginner, learning as I go. Like always when I do things, I kind of learn how to, then create my own complicated work-flow and then end up doing it the right wrong way. Sometimes. But, non the less, always stimulating and entertaining for the mind. For me, editing is about problem-solving really. No need for crosswords and such. When things are just right, I will work on a challenging sequence at any time, in my head. Driving to work, at work, at dinner… Throwing any and all variation to the wall, seeing what sticks and then the thrill of eventually nailing it in Premiere. That is editing to me and why I like it so much. And, of course, watching the finished thing and realizing it came out just like imagined. Not always the case, but still…

Things I’ve done so far has mostly been connected to music, like concerts, documentaries, promo videos and such. I’ve also been constantly working hard on a (stupendously big and cumbersome) LOTR pet project witch I’ve decided to be finished this year. To be submitted here eventually. So right now, I’m in a bit of a void. What to do…
Hanging around this place just a few minutes has got my head spinning with ideas. 😊

Cheers /// spiderbite

Hi. Apparently I have to get to 5 posts before I can post links, even when such links can be useful to this place.
So here I am. Jose, spanish guy, living in France, here mainly for Star Wars edits (Hal9000 and such).
Cheers!

Hi. Apparently I have to get to 5 posts before I can post links, even when such links can be useful to this place.
So here I am. Jose, spanish guy, living in France, here mainly for Star Wars edits (Hal9000 and such).
Cheers!
#staff
If you are confused about rules please PM staff. Links to edits aren't allowed in the forums. New users need to be active to post hyperlinks.

Hi @DigModiFicaTion :) I don't think I am confused about rules. I haven't posted any link to any edit. I wanted to post a screen cap of a small detail of a particular scene of a particular fan edit. I would hope that to be allowed, but I'm still getting the "I need to be an active user" error message, even though I registered here in 2020. I don't know what more I can do at this point.

Quite honestly, I'm finding it a little too difficult when all I want to do is to be helpful here. I'm not spamming, not doing anything bad, just genuinely wanting to help. I could PM the post with the screen cap to you or to any other staff member so you can see for yourselves.

Not being able to post publicly, I have PMed Hal9000 about this, since he's the one concerned. But it's a pity, this deserved a public post, really.

Back
Top Bottom