• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

The Unofficial Official Newbie Welcome Thread

Hey - wanted to introduce myself on here somewhere. I needed a new hobby a couple months ago and picked up video/sound editing and AI restorations of old movies. Fast forward to today, and I've completed a Witcher season 2 fanedit that I'm going to try to submit in December if it meets criteria.

I'm not sure what other fanedits I'll work on, but it'll probably be with restoring old hard to find movies to 1080p.

On a side note, I'm a massive Star Wars fan having read a bunch of legends. I wrote a philosophy masters thesis on the ethics of the Jedi and Sith which was very interesting researching.

Anyway, I'm excited to be a part of the community. Cheers to everyone's hard work on everything! This place is awesome.

Hey there, I'm Deputy Howard. You can call me Cliff if you want. I'm a character from the movie Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. I finished a fanedit of said film in September and am looking forward to getting it into the IFDb some day. I worked on the fanedit, on and off over the course of a couple years, starting during the lockdowns. I suppose I should save the details about it for when and where it's appropriate to post them.

Anyway, I haven't even had a chance to browse the forum or do much more than read the rules. So yeah, let me check this place out and I'll see you around.

Hey there, I'm Deputy Howard. You can call me Cliff if you want. I'm a character from the movie Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. I finished a fanedit of said film in September and am looking forward to getting it into the IFDb some day. I worked on the fanedit, on and off over the course of a couple years, starting during the lockdowns. I suppose I should save the details about it for when and where it's appropriate to post them.

Anyway, I haven't even had a chance to browse the forum or do much more than read the rules. So yeah, let me check this place out and I'll see you around.

Nice! Twin Peaks is my favorite drama show ever. Is it adding the "Missing Pieces" footage like the famous Blue Rose fan-edit? I remember being happy by all the cameos that were cut but it ended up being too long 😅

Nice! Twin Peaks is my favorite drama show ever. Is it adding the "Missing Pieces" footage like the famous Blue Rose fan-edit? I remember being happy by all the cameos that were cut but it ended up being too long 😅
Yup, it adds in many of the deleted and extended scenes from the "Missing Pieces". The primary goals were 1) for the new scenes to fit in as seamlessly as possible with the theatrical scenes and 2) for the tone to feel a bit more like the TV series. I did a whole lot of color correction and added music to the new scenes, since they were weirdly quiet on the Blu-ray. I was also very selective about which scenes to add back in, using only the ones which were complete enough to include and which I felt actually added something to the film. Many of the new scenes were edited down for better pacing as well.

Yup, it adds in many of the deleted and extended scenes from the "Missing Pieces". The primary goals were 1) for the new scenes to fit in as seamlessly as possible with the theatrical scenes and 2) for the tone to feel a bit more like the TV series. I did a whole lot of color correction and added music to the new scenes, since they were weirdly quiet on the Blu-ray. I was also very selective about which scenes to add back in, using only the ones which were complete enough to include and which I felt actually added something to the film. Many of the new scenes were edited down for better pacing as well.

Glad to have you on board! :D I enjoy Twin Peaks (as well as most things involving David Lynch), even though I don't own the series. With that said, I wish you the best of luck on this project!

Hi folks, nice to be here. Is anyone interested in alternative soundtracks to specific scenes in movies? I've done a bit of that. But not a whole movie...

Hi folks, nice to be here. Is anyone interested in alternative soundtracks to specific scenes in movies? I've done a bit of that. But not a whole movie...

I've never done that before, but there are some who have. My favorites being the Heavy Star Wars saga.

Hope you enjoy your time here! :giggle:

Greetings! I heard about this from watching a YouTube video talking about this website. I have several fan edits I’ve created over the years and hope to eventually share them. But in the meantime I hope to engage in the forums and engage with other fanedits that peak my interests.

Last edited:
Guess I should do a thing in here...

I'm a software developer with an interest in film, and very recently the three stars of Time, Software, and Motivation aligned to give me the final push to dive in and try my hand at editing. I'm eager to learn as much as I can from this community, and I hope to contribute an edit or two that will improve someone's viewing experience in a modest way. Mostly I look forward to seeing what others have done (though my current library puts most works off limits).

Hi, I heard about this webpage 2 days ago and I’ve been totally amazed! I feel this will be my new obsession but where to start? Any recommendations for a girl who loves sci-fi and works in television… I really bored of stereotypes and I believe I can find mind blowing fresh content her. Thank you

Hi, I heard about this webpage 2 days ago and I’ve been totally amazed! I feel this will be my new obsession but where to start? Any recommendations for a girl who loves sci-fi and works in television… I really bored of stereotypes and I believe I can find mind blowing fresh content her. Thank you
Wrath did an AVP edit called AVP Outbreak. He took both movies and made them one to complete the story and streamlined it quite a bit. Not in HD though. There are many Star Wars edits that you may find interesting. Blueyoda did an edit of The Thing that I have heard great things about. There is really quite a lot of variety on here.

Wrath did an AVP edit called AVP Outbreak. He took both movies and made them one to complete the story and streamlined it quite a bit. Not in HD though. There are many Star Wars edits that you may find interesting. Blueyoda did an edit of The Thing that I have heard great things about. There is really quite a lot of variety on here.
Thank you. I feel like in candy land so far! Though I will have a sugar rush 😂

Hey guys

New member and already dying to see what you guys have in store.
I am particularly interested in what sounds like a magnificent version of The Godfather Saga.
Just need to find my way around a bit. But love the central idea behind this site and all who are on it.
As a movie lover, I know I'm going to love it here.

If you are a fan of the Alien franchise, then @jobwillins Paradise edit is a must-see. @LastSurvivor also did an excellent rescored version of Saul Bass' Phase IV with the originally intended ending restored. @robulon has done a fun alt take on the first Terminator movie called The Hunt for Sarah Connor. There's quite an array.

Back
Top Bottom