• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Unofficial Official Newbie Welcome Thread

Hey there everyone! I've actually made a few fanedits over the years, but since they were just for myself I never quite got to releasing them anywhere. I'm thinking of retracing my steps on a few of those old projects, and when I do, I'd love to know what you all think.
I'd be happy to check them out and possibly leave a review (provided I own the official release, of course)!

Hello! Glad to join.

I'm new to the fan-editing world but have been working full-time as a professional video editor for 10 years—mainly in commercials and brands—and have some film festival awards from the narratives I've cut..

I first got into fan-editing when I cut my own version of The Hobbit. As a big Tolkien fan (read The Hobbit and LOTR twice), I saw that there was a good movie in the Hobbit trilogy that was hidden in that stretched out adaptation, like butter scraped over too much bread as Bilbo would say.

I completed my Hobbit edit last year, cutting it down into two films, and it was just for my own viewing pleasure. But as I've come across the impressive work of you editors here, it might be fun to join in the fun with sharing my own in the near future.

Hello! Glad to join.

I'm new to the fan-editing world but have been working full-time as a professional video editor for 10 years—mainly in commercials and brands—and have some film festival awards from the narratives I've cut..

I first got into fan-editing when I cut my own version of The Hobbit. As a big Tolkien fan (read The Hobbit and LOTR twice), I saw that there was a good movie in the Hobbit trilogy that was hidden in that stretched out adaptation, like butter scraped over too much bread as Bilbo would say.

I completed my Hobbit edit last year, cutting it down into two films, and it was just for my own viewing pleasure. But as I've come across the impressive work of you editors here, it might be fun to join in the fun with sharing my own in the near future.
I'm sure there are plenty of folks out there who would love to see your version of The Hobbit, especially given your professional credentials. :)

Guess what, i'm new in fan edits as well! I dabbed mostly into Youtube videos in the past since 2007 and this year i released my first Rock documentary called KISS Through The Years (google it)! Now i'm working on an Game of Thrones fan edit i will announce here a.s.a.p.

Guess what, i'm new in fan edits as well! I dabbed mostly into Youtube videos in the past since 2007 and this year i released my first Rock documentary called KISS Through The Years (google it)! Now i'm working on an Game of Thrones fan edit i will announce here a.s.a.p.

Oooh, I never heard of fan-edits for documentaries! I imagine way more freedom in crafting the story. Gonna Google it!

Hi folx, brand new to the community but am already amazed by the quality of the work on show. I'm a massive fan of Hong Kong and other Asian action films, and I also really enjoy mediaeval and other fantasy settings, but have been very frustrated with the choreography fight scenes and general slow pace of many Hollywood films. I'm looking at trying to start with general editing of action films before moving towards heavily condensing longer films into more action-heavy versions.

Have you seen the clip of Jackie Chan explaining why martial arts in most Hollywood action movies just doesn't look good? If not, it can help you on your edits: youtu.be/Z1PCtIaM_GQ?t=146

Hi everyone,

Very new here to this forum and to fan editing. I work as a documentary film editor and while taking some time off work my partner and I decided to try to tackle a film we both hated for fun. The terrible Star Trek: The Motion Picture. I mentioned this to a friend and they pointed us in the direction of this forum! I had no idea there was such a large community around it. All very exciting!

I’ve never cut fiction before - beyond some showreels - so it’s been a really fun way to do that and keep being creative with editing film without having the usual pressures that come along with it.

I’ve had a lot of fun looking over how people have been altering films and all of the great work.

Thanks for having me!

Hello everyone. what a pleasant suprise to see how many others out there have gotten that itch when moviemakers haven't just 'fixed' those obvious things. Looking foward to putting in some of my own contributions between sampling some of the improved versions I'm discovering.

Hello all,

It's really great to see so many people interested in fan edits! I started doing some edits for myself back in 2015 (my edits weren't very good though haha!); I have since done my best to learn more about video editing, and hope to make some good quality fan edits!

I did a fan edit of the dog film known as Marley & Me it's at a runtime of 2:04 adding new footage such as a ton of deleted scenes but I can't post it, any help?

I did a fan edit of the dog film known as Marley & Me it's at a runtime of 2:04 adding new footage such as a ton of deleted scenes but I can't post it, any help?
#staff
Welcome, the answer to this and many other questions can be found on our faq page and our rules and guidelines page. Specifically, this one is #7 in the faq section. You are welcome to start an ITW project thread for your project. When you achieve the active member status you can then submit your edit for review.

Feel free to reach out to staff via PM with any questions you might have.

Happy editing!

Hello!
I'm KVG198X and I have recently finished work on a Film-to-Series edit of Ghost in the Shell (2017). It's nice to meet you all!
Welcome to the community! Our FAQ page & Terms and Rules page is a great way to start (found under About on the menu). Reach out with any questions if you have them.

Hi,

I'e already posted a few reviews here, but didn't take a proper look yet at the forum. Guess I should post something here, being a newbie.

I've been working for local television for quite a few years, editing commercials and short documentaries. I think is was in 2015 that I started my first fan-edit, but it wasn't until last year that I discovered there was actually a whole online community of people, as obsessed as I am to fix movies that could have been better.

So I'm very happy to have found this community. I've just finished a version of '2001: A Space Odyssey' with the music Alex North composed for it, and I'm also working on edits of Mortal Engines and Hugo. I'd be happy to share them with you soon.

The last couple of weeks I enjoyed fan-edits of The Living Daylights, Dick Tracy and Wonder Woman '84, all of them improvements on the originals, and now about to watch 'The Shadow Knows', which is probably almost identical to a fan-edit I did last year :)

Back
Top Bottom